131 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins Super Bowl 50?

• Panthers and the New School Cam
    • Broncos and the Old Mann-ing

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manning's arm is stronger than people think. With Panthers trying to take away short stuff thinking that's all he can throw, look for Denver to hit some deep stuff early and take the early lead. I see them keeping it the whole game because Denver's defense is stout and deep enough to contain cam....a team thats not really built to come from behind

Manning's arm is stronger than people think. With Panthers trying to take away short stuff thinking that's all he can throw, look for Denver to hit some deep stuff early and take the early lead. I see them keeping it the whole game because Denver's defense is stout and deep enough to contain cam....a team thats not really built to come from behind

that is going to be an interesting watch, the zone defense that carolina runs could be beaten with deep passes and effective screens if Denver can muster it up on offense.

Josh Norman is cocky, brash and a hell of an instinctive player. But a true lockdown corner? Not yet, especially given Carolina's preference for zone schemes.

Antonio Smith, who recorded 2.5 sacks this season, says he intends to play against the Panthers on Sunday.

norman is a Completely over rated player. Falcons called him out and he folded like a cheap tent. If be were on Bills he'd be 4th on the depth chart at DB. With 2 weeks to prepare im looking for Denver to exploit matchups against him. Make him play man, and he's toast Edited by truth on hold

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14703203/fans-believe-carolina-panthers-qb-cam-newton-criticized-more-field-actions-race

you're damn right i redacted some of that quote for a reason. it doesn't matter what % of what thinks when the pole is among the populous and consistent with the nation in which votes.

A larger percentage of NFL fans believe that Carolina Panthers quarterbackCam Newton faces criticism because of his actions on the field than because of his race, according to a survey produced for ESPN by Langer Research Associates and released Wednesday.

Nearly two out of three fans -- 62 percent -- believe that any criticism of Newton is because of his style of play on the field. Only 14 percent think it's because of his race.

I find it interesting here because of the criticism levied against him. i don't care much for his antics on the field. the "dab" and other such look at me stunts. he's a diva, who cares.

but his style of play is what i criticize. and as nosaint so eloquently put it - i argue that he's a 93 on madden whilst everyone else thinks he is a 99.

norman is a Completely over rated player. Falcons called him out and he folded like a cheap tent. If be were on Bills he'd be 4th on the depth chart at DB. With 2 weeks to prepare im looking for Denver to exploit matchups against him. Make him play man, and he's toast

beat me to it. i studied him later in the season after everyone started talking about how good he was. he's good, plays zone coverage very well, probably best in the league but zone coverage is easily defeated. once beckam got his head on a little straight and got in the game he ripped norman apart, many teams did by using speed.

carolina didn't face too many teams that were successful at passing - save for arizona who choked. those that were had flaws - the giants and falcons. they struggled against the packers, as well.

The saints and colts are not hard core passing teams like the broncos. it's going to be very interesting to see what the offense plans up against carolina.

for those that thing i just hate the panthers, no. i think keuchly is good but over celebrated. thomas davis is afreakingmazing, aj klein needs to be starting somewhere, i'd like him in a bills uniform. haven't seen enough of shaq thompson yet, but he rounds out the best linebacker unit in the nfl, and one of the best backups with klein.

roman harper is a very smart player reminds me of leonhard.

charles johnson is not that good. jared allen is spent.

rolando mcclain, the other cb is solid, nfl calibre.

Edited by Boyst62

Manning, Newton chasing unique history in SB50
As Peyton Manning aims to go out on top after leading a second franchise to Super Bowl glory, Cam Newton is looking to complete a collection of accolades only done once by a Heisman winner.

A little over a year ago, the Broncos' plans at coach and quarterback were up in the air. Now, Gary Kubiak and Peyton Manning are one win away from a championship.

The Super Bowl 50 weather forecast is looking good for all kinds of sunshine and a beautiful day.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14703203/fans-believe-carolina-panthers-qb-cam-newton-criticized-more-field-actions-race

you're damn right i redacted some of that quote for a reason. it doesn't matter what % of what thinks when the pole is among the populous and consistent with the nation in which votes.

I find it interesting here because of the criticism levied against him. i don't care much for his antics on the field. the "dab" and other such look at me stunts. he's a diva, who cares.

but his style of play is what i criticize. and as nosaint so eloquently put it - i argue that he's a 93 on madden whilst everyone else thinks he is a 99.

beat me to it. i studied him later in the season after everyone started talking about how good he was. he's good, plays zone coverage very well, probably best in the league but zone coverage is easily defeated. once beckam got his head on a little straight and got in the game he ripped norman apart, many teams did by using speed.

carolina didn't face too many teams that were successful at passing - save for arizona who choked. those that were had flaws - the giants and falcons. they struggled against the packers, as well.

The saints and colts are not hard core passing teams like the broncos. it's going to be very interesting to see what the offense plans up against carolina.

for those that thing i just hate the panthers, no. i think keuchly is good but over celebrated. thomas davis is afreakingmazing, aj klein needs to be starting somewhere, i'd like him in a bills uniform. haven't seen enough of shaq thompson yet, but he rounds out the best linebacker unit in the nfl, and one of the best backups with klein.

roman harper is a very smart player reminds me of leonhard.

charles johnson is not that good. jared allen is spent.

rolando mcclain, the other cb is solid, nfl calibre.

Cortland Finnegan too .... lol remember when he got his ass kicked by Andre Johnson. Denver gets into that secondary they can tear them up. This is nothing like the Seahawks secondary (best ever IMO) they faced 2 years ago Edited by truth on hold

Super Bowl 50 on CBS and streaming on CBSSports.com kicks off at 6:30 p.m. ET on Feb. 7.

This year marks the 50th edition of the league's annual title game between the NFC and AFC. Here is a look at the previous 49 Super Bowl results.

The Super Bowl odds are on the move again, with the Panthers giving 5.5 points now after opening as 4.5-point favorites.

Here's everything you need to know in order to watch -- or plan a Super Bowl party around -- the big game.

Super Bowl 50's halftime show is shaping up to be a memorable one with Beyonce joining the British rock band Coldplay at Levi's Stadium on Feb. 7.

Get to know Kawann Short, Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe. They're three down-and-dirty defensive linemen who'll likely have a big say as to how Super Bowl 50 unfolds.

@ChiFootball

.@Hub_Arkush: Why the #Panthers' offensive line is underrated: http://shawurl.com/2e54

CaX-0umWAAAuVfw.jpg

Proehl: Disrespect of Panthers' receivers 'pisses me off'

What we learned Wednesday during SB50 week
A day closer to Super Bowl 50 gives us more clarity on injuries, Ron Rivera's practice approach and the complimentary nature of Denver's linebackers. Here are Wednesday's takeaways.

As the weeks have gone by, I have felt more strongly that Denver has a very good chance.

Denver's D can neutralize the Carolina WRs. Denver's D is also #1 against the run.

As long as Denver doesn't implode like the Seahawks and Cardinals did in the first 20 minutes of the game it is going to be close.

Atlanta, led by a psycho QB who turns beet red, throws 5 INT and then smashes his helmet on the sidelines, easily beat them this season. Denver can find a way.

Edited by TheFunPolice

As the weeks have gone by, I have felt more strongly that Denver has a very good chance.

Denver's D can neutralize the Carolina WRs. Denver's D is also #1 against the run.

As long as Denver doesn't implode like the Seahawks and Cardinals did in the first 20 minutes of the game it is going to be close.

Atlanta, led by a psycho QB who turns beet red, throws 5 INT and then smashes his helmet on the sidelines, easily beat them this season. Denver can find a way.

They certainly have a chance, but I wouldn't call it very good.

I know it sounds strange, but I think that the way Carolina beat Seattle and Arizona makes them seem a bit more unbeatable than they really are.

In the Seattle game they went down and got 7. Then Seattle tossed them an easy pick. Then another. Before you even knew it the game was over. Then everything works for you because the other team presses even more and makes even more mistakes.

Arizona was the same issue. Palmer became a turnover machine. Once Carolina got up a bit Arizona started pressing even more and making even more mistakes.

If Denver plays a clean game and Carolina has to drive up and down the field on Denver's defense it is going to be tough.