Super Bowl 50: Broncos vs. Panthers

Super Bowl 50 Winner  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins Super Bowl 50?

• Panthers and the New School Cam
    • Broncos and the Old Mann-ing

As others have stated what's a lot more likely is a 35-14 win by Carolina.

I don't see how Carolina scores 35 unless Denver turns the ball over a few times. The Broncos confused the smartest QB in the league last week with their D. Give them two weeks and I have a feeling they'll be able to slow down Carolina too. I'm not sure it will be enough though as the Panthers have a stout D as well. The game will be within striking distance late for the Broncos because of their D. Whether Manning can pull it out or not...I don't know.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not have a rooting interest for either team. at the moment. Just the fact that the pats*** won't

Be playing is so great. watching pats*** superbowls was as nerve racking as the Bills during their run.

But for the opposite reason. No hoody/Brady BS to put up with for the next 2 weeks. No GOAT hype.

Just hope it is a good competitive game and my board numbers pay out.

To he clear I can't even really get into the game the years the pats*** play. This year will be great. Hey Brady buy your wife a cheeseburger man.

Cam Newton, Von Miller, No. 1 and 2 picks in 2011 draft, face off in Super Bowl 50
The 2011 NFL draft was one of the best, so it's fitting that its first two picks -- Cam Newton and Von Miller -- will face off in Super Bowl 50.

Bell: Bet on Thomas Davis to play in Super Bowl 50
Carolina linebacker Thomas Davis, who broke a bone in his right forearm in the NFC title game, expects to be back for the Super Bowl. Stephania Bell explains why he's correct to be optimistic.

Manning brothers keep Patriots' dynasty in check
If not for a couple of kids from New Orleans, Tom Brady and Bill Belichick's impressive legacy could be even better. Kevin Seifert ranks the Patriots' most painful Manning-influenced losses.

If the Broncos try to run that same scheme they will be lucky to hold the Panthers to 35. Brady does not have the mobility cam does. Newton would find the holes left wide open by the speed edge rushers and pick up 8-10 yards a scramble.

Denvers edge pass rush is going to be slowed down completely.

Cam was the 12th most sacked QB this season. He's hardly a sack avoiding machine. Where he's dangerous is on called runs.

Not too many people thought Denver would beat NE and they beat them but this won't be in Denver.

Carolina wins but I don't think it will be a blow out like last time (as long as Peyton doesn't give up a safety in the opening seconds of the game this time).

Considering Panthers got to the play the AFC's weakest division (South with Texans, Colts, Jags, Titans), NFC's weakest division (East with Redskins, Giants, Eagles, Cowboys), and their own weak division (NFC South with Bucs, Saints, and Falcons), that's an awfully favorably schedule. I think they're good, but not the epicly dominant they're being made out to be.

Considering Panthers got to the play the AFC's weakest division (South with Texans, Colts, Jags, Titans), NFC's weakest division (East with Redskins, Giants, Eagles, Cowboys), and their own weak division (NFC South with Bucs, Saints, and Falcons), that's an awfully favorably schedule. I think they're good, but not the epicly dominant they're being made out to be.

Well please explain the ass whippings they laid on the Seahawks and Cardinals.

crappy field got the better of seahawks, but once they got new cleats and adjusted they shut out panthers in 2nd half, and made it a one score game. Cardinals simply werent that good, carson was not the same with a broken finger on his throwing hand, and honey badger lost late in the season. they got lucky getting by green bay in AZ

Edited by truth on hold

Carolina led the league in turnover ratio with +20, Denver finished at -4.

Points per game Carolina finished #1, Denver #19. Defensive points per game, Denver finished #4, Carolina #6, so Denver's defensive advantage is mostly nullified.

Denver is going to need 2 TDs from their D or special teams to win this game. Other than that I can see Denver's D keeping it close but eventually getting overwhelmed and blown out, especially if Manning is forced to try and pass all game or is in pass mode trying to play catch up. Carolina has a tendency to score points in bunches...

Pretty much my thoughts. Denver is simply too limited offensively against an excellent Panthers D that generates turnovers in waves(see the last 2 games). Considering Manning led the league in INTs even though he missed several games and I think this could get ugly like the first Bills-Cowboys Super Bowl.

If I'm the Panthers I play 8 in the box and squat on short routes daring Manning to try and throw over the top because he had several Fitz ducks against New England that should have been picked off...

Denver has a better CB than Patrick Peterson?? Don't think so.

Agree on most of what you said but hell yeah Aquib Talib is better then Peterson, more experience, more picks returned for touchdowns. Only thing Peterson has on Talib is age, nasssty punt return skills and FFs. I looked into it to back up the eye test and its true, he played one less game then peterson and still has almost double the passes defensed this season. look at the stats brah.

Talib

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster/Aqib-Talib/8b5aba78-4164-4bc6-a4cd-7b6c32dbb294,

Peterson

http://www.azcardinals.com/team/roster/Patrick-Peterson/e4ed9342-7c52-415f-a3e5-6b0cd789877b

I really hope it dont look like the 1st Bills vs Cowboys SuperBowl but it wudnt surprise me. Still rootin for the underdawg Broncos tho. Really want to see a classic so yeah Denver has to count on an LB or DB pick 6 or FF to give a short field for Denver to keep it close. Newtons only thrown 2 picks in his last 10 games he's on fire rite now I think the only way they can stop him is by out coaching or maybe Cam gets 1st time SB shakeys. Panthers have a wayyy better STs unit and a healthy O-Line too so Broncos got the deck stacked against them.

That actually kinda gives me hope that the Broncos can pull it off. Look how Seattle shut down Cam and co in the 2nd half. The Cardinals looked like they spent all week chillin playin metal gear solid instead of game prepping. Panthers killed them. Yes the Panthers had an easy schedule but dont let that fool you they were/are the best team in the NFL this year.

Not too many people thought Denver would beat NE and they beat them but this won't be in Denver.

Carolina wins but I don't think it will be a blow out like last time (as long as Peyton doesn't give up a safety in the opening seconds of the game this time).

That was terrible. I knew when that happened the game was over not cuz im pessimistic but it was a bad omen. That Denver team had more Off weapons but no defense. This time its reversed. Denver has all their stars on DEF and only Manning and Dem Thomas on OFF.

Edited by Marty McFly

Maybe if they had Odell Beckham they would be a better version of 17-1?

but what about all the dab'ing? What about the pretty smile and cute one liners Cam gives? What about the whole they are all about team?

What about allllll of the hype? Do I think they'll win? I am bordering right now on saying yes but I picked the broncos to win the super bowl week 17 and have only had 1 playoff game wrong so far (skins over pack)

In no way do I see this being the match that everyone thinks. Its going to be a good game whether reflected in the score. You have so many parts of this that are so alluring when looking st just the game.

Its the hype of Carolina. Its living here amongst panther fans that don't know **** about football. I asked 9 guys at work to name 6 panther players. The best I got was 5. Newton, keuchly, Ginn, Norman and also me thing the center and Olsen.

I don't even follow the panthers closely and can name their entire OL and WR unit and all 4 rbs.

Newton: 'I'm true to my roots'

Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton speaks to the media about how he defines himself and his journey to where he is today.

How to survive the madness: Four keys for newbies
Gary Kubiak and Ron Rivera are going to their first Super Bowl as head coaches. Brian Billick knows all about that. Our Lombardi Trophy-winning coach provides a to-do list for the preparation process.

Eli: One game shouldn't affect Peyton's legacy

Eli Manning has been a Super Bowl MVP twice in his life. For the big game this year, he'll serve as a ticket jockey for his big brother, Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning.

"Early on, (I'll) just say, 'What do you need from me? How can I help? How many tickets you need me to get for you?'" Manning said during a Wednesday conference call. "That's what he's done for me in the past, what I've done for him in other Super Bowls, so just try to make it easy on him."

The younger Manning will be a popular media request leading up to the Super Bowl. His older brother will be the storyline of the week and Eli is in a unique position as a brother with expert knowledge of the Super Bowl process for a franchise quarterback.

@SeanGTomlinson

Putting together a Ted Ginn piece. Still amazing he caught Patrick Peterson (who isn't slow) after starting here...

It was a nice hustle play but Pat Pete was hardly at full speed he spent the majority of that play running behind his blockers if I remember correctly. The best chase down of all time was Benjamin Watson probably a decade or so a go.

CZwXa8JVIAAhySO.jpg

but what about all the dab'ing? What about the pretty smile and cute one liners Cam gives? What about the whole they are all about team?

What about allllll of the hype? Do I think they'll win? I am bordering right now on saying yes but I picked the broncos to win the super bowl week 17 and have only had 1 playoff game wrong so far (skins over pack)

In no way do I see this being the match that everyone thinks. Its going to be a good game whether reflected in the score. You have so many parts of this that are so alluring when looking st just the game.

Its the hype of Carolina. Its living here amongst panther fans that don't know **** about football. I asked 9 guys at work to name 6 panther players. The best I got was 5. Newton, keuchly, Ginn, Norman and also me thing the center and Olsen.

I don't even follow the panthers closely and can name their entire OL and WR unit and all 4 rbs.

They're really an over hyped team. Not saying tneyre not good, they are, but theyre not this just juggernaut theyre made out to be. Only 4 teams they played in regular season had a winning record, and 2 those ....Texans and redskins ....winning records were the product of horrible divisions. Edited by truth on hold