Super Bowl 50: Broncos vs. Panthers

Super Bowl 50 Winner  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins Super Bowl 50?

• Panthers and the New School Cam
    • Broncos and the Old Mann-ing

Denver's chances in the Superbowl come down to whether Manning can play without turning the ball over. In games where Carolina is +2 or better in the turnover battle, they're getting about 5.7 points a turnover. That means about 80% of the time, they're scoring touchdowns off of their opponents miscues. Carolina is young and hungry and Cam Newton is playing stellar football. For the Broncos to win, they need to get to him early and often, as they did with Brady.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carolinas special teams and run offense can win them this game. These big games always give a big return. Ginn to the house is a real possibility. But if Denver can mask the flaws of limited running and keep possession they have a good chance. I see them being able to get to Newton with a spy watching.

I am game planning this thoroughly.

Carolinas special teams and run offense can win them this game. These big games always give a big return. Ginn to the house is a real possibility. But if Denver can mask the flaws of limited running and keep possession they have a good chance. I see them being able to get to Newton with a spy watching.

I am game planning this thoroughly.

Kubiak has a good running scheme if Davis is out for Carolina I fully expect the Broncos to have a good game running the ball. I hope he finally turns to Anderson instead of this RBBC.

It sure looks like the only chance Denver has is if Carolina becomes stupid and overconfident. I wouldn't necessarily bet on that, but i don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. I really think Newton has a screw loose, so that might give Denver a chance (?).

Really, I just want to see Wade win, and that is the best I can do to make it seem plausible to myself. That was an absurd beating they put on Arizona last night.

This, and many posts so far, bring back strong memories (I'm old) of a team who'd threatened in recent years but couldn't put it all together -often times at their own undoing. They finally did have a fantastic season -spiked by numerous unlikely miracle finishes and earned Home Field through the playoffs. They weren't ever really challenged in those 2 games, winning the Conference Title game 51-3. The were installed as 7 point favorites to hoist the Lombardi.

Anyone know how THAT turned out?

This, and many posts so far, bring back strong memories (I'm old) of a team who'd threatened in recent years but couldn't put it all together -often times at their own undoing. They finally did have a fantastic season -spiked by numerous unlikely miracle finishes and earned Home Field through the playoffs. They weren't ever really challenged in those 2 games, winning the Conference Title game 51-3. The were installed as 7 point favorites to hoist the Lombardi.

Anyone know how THAT turned out?

I remember all too well. :cry: Marv and Jim allowed the Bills to be out coached and out schemed by Parcells and Belichick despite being the more talented team. It's a different scenario with the Panthers.

I voted for Carolina, though am rooting for Denver as would like to see Peyton win one and go out on top. But will be surprised if it happens as can't see Denver being able to hold Carolina from scoring enough.

Don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but it kind of reminds me of the 91 Bills Giants game. Bills crushed Oakland 51-3, beat Miami the week prior pretty good, offense was humming along. Giants were playing their back up QB, everyone was asking how could the Giants slow down Buffalo's offense. Granted the Giants did have a better running game than Denver, but in many ways reminds me of that game as no one is giving Denver much of a chance, mainly due to Peyton.

@davelozo

Hey everyone. Brace yourself for two weeks of Cam Newton Hot Takes, because they are coming. http://uproxx.com/sports/cam-newton-garbage-takes-super-bowl-week/3/

proxy.jpg?t=HBhTaHR0cDovL3Vwcm94eC5maWxl

@theMMQB

Can Carolina handle Denver's pass rush? @Andy_Benoit previews #SB50SB50.png’s critical matchup: http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/25/nfl-denver-broncos-carolina-panthers-super-bowl-50-ultimate-mismatch

CZkQE6GXEAAhCzo.jpg

Not in any way. They couldn't even make it to the show and were a high flying offense that was built upon the passing game with Moss, Carter, and Cunningham.

I'll disagree there. Let's see, Minnesota had the best offense in the league. Threw for 4,300 with 41-16 TD-INT. 1,900 on the ground for another 17 TD. Top-10 defense to boot. Scored 556 and gave up 296 points. Carolina had 3,600 passing with 35-10 TD-INT and 2,300 on the ground for another 19TD. Top-10 defense to boot. Scored 500 and gave up 308. I don't think it's as different as you think. They got beat by a ball control team in the Falcons that they were supposed to completely demolish. That was NFC Championship game, but they were rolling everyone on both sides of the ball before the playoffs, just like Carolina has been doing. Just because it's Greg Olsen and not a WR doesn't mean they're getting it done differently. Cam is throwing his fair share. They're running more, but both teams were/are high powered offense backed by a good defense.

It sure looks like the only chance Denver has is if Carolina becomes stupid and overconfident. I wouldn't necessarily bet on that, but i don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. I really think Newton has a screw loose, so that might give Denver a chance (?).

Really, I just want to see Wade win, and that is the best I can do to make it seem plausible to myself. That was an absurd beating they put on Arizona last night.

Cam is greatly misunderstood by some...He's a bit of a goofball at times...But there is a humility to him most never see...He loves to have fun...But that kid is a major grinder...He's sharp and he does not try to substitute anything for hard work...There's a reason he goes to people like MJ for advice...He wants to be the best ever...Though all you really hear him talk about is team oriented goals...I've followed his career from day #1 because I lived in Charlotte for 20 years, and I'm on the coast in NC now...He just keeps getting better and better...And there is no secret as to why...He works at it...He'll be ready for this game...

He's not crazy...He's driven...But he has a lot of little kid left in his personality, that's all... B-)

I'll disagree there. Let's see, Minnesota had the best offense in the league. Threw for 4,300 with 41-16 TD-INT. 1,900 on the ground for another 17 TD. Top-10 defense to boot. Scored 556 and gave up 296 points. Carolina had 3,600 passing with 35-10 TD-INT and 2,300 on the ground for another 19TD. Top-10 defense to boot. Scored 500 and gave up 308. I don't think it's as different as you think. They got beat by a ball control team in the Falcons that they were supposed to completely demolish. That was NFC Championship game, but they were rolling everyone on both sides of the ball before the playoffs, just like Carolina has been doing. Just because it's Greg Olsen and not a WR doesn't mean they're getting it done differently. Cam is throwing his fair share. They're running more, but both teams were/are high powered offense backed by a good defense.

Totally different teams irrespective of the numbers on offense with the Vikings as pass first and the Panthers run first.

The Bears head coach might want to avoid his television on Feb. 7.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Ginn was standing in the end zone, 10 yards behind Peterson who runs about a 4.3. I agree that him catching up to him to save the TD was the play of the game to save the momentum - if Peterson had taken another angle though probably scores.