The Non Pet Peeve Thread..AKA Awesome Stuff

plenzmd1

does that mean you are uber happy...or that Uber is happy as you keep running around town? Either way that sounds great!

Are you from Richmond? Also, do detail where you been and where you going..would love to hear. Maybe even have a suggestion or two for food depending where you are and if you are just visiting.

Live in Norfolk, been on a few dates with a girl who lives there I met in Hampton.

**all of these things are awesome. Richmond blows Hampton roads away in the restaurant/brewery options

23rd and main. Dinner the other day Burrata, Salad, Meats Pizza, Manhattans/Wine. Good stuff

social 52 Valentine's Day brunch. Pitchers of mimosa, brisket and grits, best breakfast biscuit I think I've ever had.

Blue bee/Ardent/Isley were cideries/breweries we hit. Loved it all. Salute to Richmond. Guess Jefferson breakfast is where it's at though ? Green Bay packers style waiting list ?

Can take it to pm or new Richmond thread.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sitting on the beach in Punta Cana. Those European and South American women sure know how to wear a bathing suit. Wow...

Please do share the photo album, "South American thongs" in a thread when you return

This subject intrigues me.

What's awesome **

50 year old Sofia Vergara shaking her butt at the Grammys

Live in Norfolk, been on a few dates with a girl who lives there I met in Hampton.

**all of these things are awesome. Richmond blows Hampton roads away in the restaurant/brewery options

23rd and main. Dinner the other day Burrata, Salad, Meats Pizza, Manhattans/Wine. Good stuff

social 52 Valentine's Day brunch. Pitchers of mimosa, brisket and grits, best breakfast biscuit I think I've ever had.

Blue bee/Ardent/Isley were cideries/breweries we hit. Loved it all. Salute to Richmond. Guess Jefferson breakfast is where it's at though ? Green Bay packers style waiting list ?

Can take it to pm or new Richmond thread.

All great places. And there are so many more open/opening all the time. Why Richmond is really getting "street cred" in food/beer circles.

Next time you in town for a date, if you can get to Rappahannock Tues-Thursday for happy hour, do it . They cultivate their own oysters in the Rappahonack and the Bay, $1 a pop at happy hour, along with draft prosecco at $4 and cans of craft for $3. . If you like briny...the Olde Salts may be the best oyster you will ever have...and if i hear you put anything put a drop of lemon on it yo are dead to me!

Max's on Broad great Belgium Beer selection, Graffito across the street by Tom Isabella, one of the top chefs in DC...cant get in the Graffiota there, always space here. Around the corner from Max is Saison, great small farm to table.

Fat Dragon in Scotts Addition for great Chinese, Hardywood right around the corner for some of the best crafts around, The Roosevelt for awesome modern southern on Church Hill, Millies been doing it for twenty years in the Bottom...could go on forever. For a serious date, L'Opposum on Oregon Hill is freaking awesome. Have to plan that one a bit out...but damn , there is a reason why its getting listed in all kind of Top 10 list in the South.

PM me next time you coming up!

Edited by plenzmd1

No you're not. ;)

I love the Bay Area , but damn is it crazy the prices! I have some opinions about tech/ non tech that belong in PPP.

For what is awesome, the quality of cars astounds me to this day. This is the 2nd car I have had that I have driven over 2ook. Since 96, I have had exactly 2 cars. Both American made.

Growing up an American vehicle with 75k and 4 years old was thought to be dead. Now, it is just getting broken in! Awesome!

I love the Bay Area , but damn is it crazy the prices! I have some opinions about tech/ non tech that belong in PPP.

No kidding. I'm seeing another bubble here. We bought our place 3 1/2 years ago for $475k. We've put in about $100k but we'd likely get at least $900k. Wish there was someplace I'd like to retire where I could buy a nice place for cash and have a few hundred thou left. Unfortunately not sure where that would be. Palm Springs maybe.

No kidding. I'm seeing another bubble here. We bought our place 3 1/2 years ago for $475k. We've put in about $100k but we'd likely get at least $900k. Wish there was someplace I'd like to retire where I could buy a nice place for cash and have a few hundred thou left. Unfortunately not sure where that would be. Palm Springs maybe.

Buffalo?!!!!!!!

Pretty good documentary if you have not already seen on HBO

http://www.newsweek.com/san-francisco-tech-industry-gentrification-documentary-378628

No doubt there was a bubble, been a huge haircut this past month as well. Linkedin got a 50% beating just last week.

Bigger bubble was the valuations and the money startups were getting from VC...that is burst as well. Zenefits ain't worth that billion valuation they got last round...that money is cooked!

So what is awesome is seeing some of these Richard head tech guys get their teeth kicked in....and I just joined another startup in San Francisco :doh:

Edited by plenzmd1

• 2 weeks later...