Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi thread

Just Jack

I really enjoyed the path that they are sending it down. I thought Leia was done early into the movie. The twists and the dark path Luke went down was very well done. They even added allot of humor and a few cool looking creatures to keep it lively. My daughter wants a crystal fox and porgs now.

Just saw it. Here's my takes. 

I was expecting so much more! 

For Pete's sake:

Who exactly was that codebreaker guy? Did we ever get a name for him? How did he cut that deal?

Why the hell did they kill off Snoke so fast? The guy could mind-rape anyone in the room, but he couldn't see Ben impaling him? Reminded me of how Jackson killed off Smaug within 5 minutes of the third Hobbit movie. 

What goal did Phasma serve, except as a one-dimensional villain for Finn to kill?

How did Leia survive being exploded/shot into space?

You'd think the fleeing rebel ships would have tried more evasive maneuvers than none at all. 

Who in the hell is that little orange alien with the goggles?

Also, I didn't like the Rose/Finn romance angle too much, and the constant back and forth mutiny on the rebel cruiser was confusing. 

That said...

I like what they did with Luke and his struggle with the light side. The bit where he almost killed Ren earlier was really really well done. 

I'm curious to see what they do with Kylo Ren. They really have developed his character nicely, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Luke/Han "haunt" him. 

Likewise, I want to see what's left to do with Rey. She's still not quite there as a character for me. 

Porgs are cool. 

I guess my problems with the movie lie with the first half, which felt nothing like a Star Wars movie. I wish they didn't end plot lines by killing major villains. 

I'll probably watch it again, but as of right now I give it a 6/10.