NFL Network: Shady McCoy on Chip vs. Rex

Bills' McCoy says Rex's laid-back style better fit

McCoy on Rex Ryan: 'You can trust him and he's honest' (1:19)

Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy talks about head coach Rex Ryan and how players can approach him when they have a problem with the way things are being done.

McCoy on Patriots defense: 'They bend, but they don't break' (3:15)
Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy joins the "NFL Total Access" crew to discuss the keys to victory for the Denver Broncos over the New England Patriots.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting comments.... The real question for the Bills now is can Rex get a hold of the players he has on D because there will not be many additions outside of the draft. People point to Mario being the issue but the Bills invested a lot of money in Kyle Williams and Dareus. It appears that Dareus is not bought into Rex either.

Chip beat Rex with a lesser talented team. And I don't even think Chip is anything special. So.... :mellow:

lesser talented how? The Eagles were quite talented and even more importantly, completely healthy vs a depleted Bills team. What does that have to do with the interview though?

lesser talented how? The Eagles were quite talented and even more importantly, completely healthy vs a depleted Bills team. What does that have to do with the interview though?

I'd take our talent over the Eagles for the most part. And injury excuses only go so far. And I'm tired of McCoy talking about Chip.

I'd take our talent over the Eagles for the most part. And injury excuses only go so far. And I'm tired of McCoy talking about Chip.

injury excuses only go so far for a 3 point loss on the road missing starting LT, starting CB1, starting LB and Karlos Williams? It's not like they lost to the Browns. They played a close game and couldn't pull it out... I don't think it had anything to do with chip being a dictator and Rex having an open door policy being the difference in the win.

He was asked for his opinion on comparing the two coaches and he answered honestly and without criticizing anyone.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Tell the media to stop asking him about Chip. Problem solved.

He could always just say 'no comment'.

injury excuses only go so far for a 3 point loss on the road missing starting LT, starting CB1, starting LB and Karlos Williams? It's not like they lost to the Browns. They played a close game and couldn't pull it out... I don't think it had anything to do with chip being a dictator and Rex having an open door policy being the difference in the win.

He was asked for his opinion on comparing the two coaches and he answered honestly and without criticizing anyone.

Records are all that matters, Yolo. I'm tired of having excuses for close losses. Every year 'well if this one play, or this injury... we coulda been in!'

Sorry it makes me cynical, I'll try to rein it in :)

"Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy talks about head coach Rex Ryan and how players can approach him when they have a problem with the way things are being done"

Then why don't they do that instead of complaining to the press about the problems with Rex's system, execution, etc?

McCoy should just shut up about Chip. He sounds like a bitter ex. Move on.

And personally, I'd want a coach that is relatable and holds plays accountable. I worry about Rex doing the latter. Of course players would like him more if he doesn't call their BS out.

I can tell that you didn't listen to the interview because he didn't come off as bitter in any way. He was asked questions about the differences between the coaches and he simply gave his answers.

Records are all that matters, Yolo. I'm tired of having excuses for close losses. Every year 'well if this one play, or this injury... we coulda been in!'

the injuries were more of a reason for the loss than Chip's coaching style vs Rex's, was my point to your post about the interview and the game result of them head to head. The interview was about their difference in coaching styles, which I don't think lead to one team winning and the other losing. But the bills did have a better record than the Iggles, who finished with 6 wins under Chip and 7 overall. Edited by YoloinOhio

McCoy should just shut up about Chip. He sounds like a bitter ex. Move on.

And personally, I'd want a coach that is relatable and holds plays accountable. I worry about Rex doing the latter. Of course players would like him more if he doesn't call their BS out.

he didn't sound the least bit bitter.he gave chip credit, in fact... Was very even keeled. Edited by YoloinOhio

he didn't sound the least bit bitter.

No. If you actually listen to the 6 minute segment...

He's asked about Chip no less than four times. Asked flat out: where did it go wrong with Chip? Not once does he say anything derogatory.

If anything, he damns Chip through his praise of Rex.

No. If you actually listen to the 6 minute segment...

He's asked about Chip no less than four times. Asked flat out: where did it go wrong with Chip? Not once does he say anything derogatory.

If anything, he damns Chip through his praise of Rex.

i saw it live last night and thought the segment was well done. I liked how he talked up the Bills, took accountability and said he needed to be better for the team to be better (even though he was one of the best performers all season) and his advice to the Niners to listen to chip because his offense works even if you don't immediately understand it. He sounded really good.

He also sidestepped the Mario question rather well.

Edited by YoloinOhio

If he said "no comment" it would sound much worse than what he actually said as, based on their history, he wasn't a fan of Chip ..so it would lead to the assumption that he is still upset and has nothing good to say so won't say anything at all. In fact, he didn't say anything negative about Chip last night, he just compared the coaching styles when asked about it, and said some positive things as well. He did say he loves Rex's style of managing NFL players, which is probably the right thing to say since he does play for him. And true based on Shady's personality. It actually seemed like Burleson was pushing for something more controversial from him, but he didn't go there and kept it light.

Edited by YoloinOhio