Wegmans coming to Raleigh/Triangle

People put up with Kroger because of the gas discounts.

I've got a neighbor who is in management there and obviously he swears by those points. I'd love to know what kind of perks he gets through the job. His wife was talking about paying 60 cents per gallon recently.

I've got a neighbor who is in management there and obviously he swears by those points. I'd love to know what kind of perks he gets through the job. His wife was talking about paying 60 cents per gallon recently.

unfortuntely, Kroger is the nearest store to me and i do 90% of my grocery shopping there. End of month we are usually .60 to .70 cents off pump price, gas is hovering about $1.62 for regular near me...so we are at a $1.00 for at least one fillup per month.

Someone mentioned Trader Joes and Whole Foods earlier and said does not go thinking only organic...and TJs is as far from a Whole Foods as you can get.

We get a lot of our cheese from TJ's, about half the price for national brands such as Drunken Goat or Saint Andre than you get at Kroger or even Wegmans. Also, the frozen fish like Mahi and Monkfish is half of a whole foods and on par with Costco, just don't have to but 8 lbs! Thier pricing on nuts is great to, and we eat a ton of nuts between kids lunches etc.

Highly recommend looking at TJ again and comparing prices and quality to other stores.

Wegmans did not enter markets where another local family had a dominating presence For example, in Richmond Ukrops was family owned , Christian values , dominated the market. Once they sold to Abold and became Martins, Wegmans started to make their plans of the entering the Market. They respected the hell of the Ukrops as another family owned business, did not want to compete with them.

Key to Wegmans is really current and future demographics. They don't worry about the compitition , as they are entering a Richmond market already over saturated with grocery stores. Theyhave a planned growth strategy , key is parcels of real estate big enough to support not only the commercial development outside of Wegmans to create a destination , but also acclimate residential development and built in customers.

The Wegmans in West End richmond is coming with a Cabellas outddor store, like 4 local resturants, and a whole bunch of other retail Growlers to go is even going to be in there, so they not afraid of a store offering something similar to them.

My buddy who worked with them in deal said best people he has worked with in the 30'yeatsvhe has been in the business.

We have all those things, Wegmans!! Come to Central Ohio! Edited by YoloinOhio

Great news for the Sabres when they're in to play the Hurricanes.

Wegmans in Cary should be the new Bills/Sabres bar in the Triangle :-)-- close off part of the cafe on game days....

Edited by JoeF