Unfiltered With Sammy Watkins

Watch: Unfiltered With Sammy Watkins - Part One (7:51)

John Murphy sits down with wide receiver Sammy Watkins for part one of 'Unfiltered.' They discuss his breakout season, taking a step forward in becoming a team leader, and speaking out about getting the ball.

Watch: Unfiltered With Sammy Watkins - Part Two (9:23)

Part two of 'Unfiltered' with wide receiver Sammy Watkins. John Murphy discusses Sammy's success against the Jets in the season finale, the 2014 receiver draft class, and why having a good running game is more important than a good passing attack.

Sammy Watkins took a step toward dominance in 2015

1216-watkins-bills-records.jpg

It took almost half a season for him to get rolling, but once Sammy Watkins was fully healthy there were few that could stop him.

Watkins took a thinly veiled shot at Mario in that interview...

"If somebody doesnt live up to the hype or play the way they should play, get them out of here, Watkins said. I think now everybody understands that we can win."

Watkins took a thinly veiled shot at Mario in that interview...

"If somebody doesnt live up to the hype or play the way they should play, get them out of here, Watkins said. I think now everybody understands that we can win."

i say, good for him. These guys put in too much time and work into this to be ok with a teammate who is dragging the team down both on the field and in the locker room. The Bills lost several very close games and the line between 8-8 and a playoff berth this year was thin. What could have been if Mario was all in? What if he went out there and balled, instead of complaining and not putting 100% effort into the scheme and his 1:1 matchups? It must really burn his teammates. Especially at his salary. Edited by YoloinOhio

i say, good for him. These guys put in too much time and work into this to be ok with a teammate who is dragging the team down both on the field and in the locker room. The Bills lost several very close games and the line between 8-8 and a playoff berth this year was thin. What could have been if Mario was all in? What if he went out there and balled, instead of complaining and not putting 100% effort into the scheme and his 1:1 matchups? It must really burn his teammates. Especially at his salary.

"Give back some of that money you ain't f**k#ng earned!" - Eric Wood to another defensive player

Edited by Hopeful

"Give back some of that money you ain't f**k#ng earned!" - Eric Wood to another defensive player

Be careful -- Aaron was an unwitting victim of the horrible NFL machine that chewed him up and spit him out. Only recently was he able to recover and spend his time creating underwhelming works of art.

i say, good for him. These guys put in too much time and work into this to be ok with a teammate who is dragging the team down both on the field and in the locker room. The Bills lost several very close games and the line between 8-8 and a playoff berth this year was thin. What could have been if Mario was all in? What if he went out there and balled, instead of complaining and not putting 100% effort into the scheme and his 1:1 matchups? It must really burn his teammates. Especially at his salary.

Good for him, I really like Watkins!

That being said, Yolo, I think we'd be surprised by many players don't care about the playoffs, hate football, play just for the money, and view the skills they were born with as a curse. Sammy is not one of those players, that's for sure!

Good interview. He sounded like a captain

Captains are only assigned per game for coin tosses. Rex is dumb!! Assign some captains like other teams and sports and it will help the captains lead! Maybe it would have helped with the Mario situation at least with the other players! Common Rex, don't reinvent the wheel with everything. Stop trying to prove you are smarter than everyone. Winning proves that!!

Captains are only assigned per game for coin tosses. Rex is dumb!! Assign some captains like other teams and sports and it will help the captains lead! Maybe it would have helped with the Mario situation at least with the other players! Common Rex, don't reinvent the wheel with everything. Stop trying to prove you are smarter than everyone. Winning proves that!!

I think his thinking, based on his experience, is that leaders will lead regardless of a c on their jersey. Also, didn't the bills have a situation a few years ago, where one of the players voted by the players for captain was nixed by the coach? This avoids that possibility.