B'up QB Rumor

MattyT

Bills | Miller Could be Option as Backup QB - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:25:18 -0800

Mark Gaughan, of the Buffalo News, reports the Buffalo Bills intend to have a veteran backup quarterback behind projected starter QB J.P. Losman next season and their first preference would be to re-sign QB Shane Matthews, who served that role last year. If Matthews decides to retire or signs elsewhere, the Bills could consider veteran QB Jim Miller (Patriots) during the offseason.

Anybody know how reliable this Gaughan guy is?

Bills | Miller Could be Option as Backup QB - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:25:18 -0800

Mark Gaughan, of the Buffalo News, reports the Buffalo Bills intend to have a veteran backup quarterback behind projected starter QB J.P. Losman next season and their first preference would be to re-sign QB Shane Matthews, who served that role last year. If Matthews decides to retire or signs elsewhere, the Bills could consider veteran QB Jim Miller (Patriots) during the offseason.

Anybody know how reliable this Gaughan guy is?

243660[/snapback]

He used to be the WGR Bills Beat Reporter if that helps. He reports on the obvious. I have a feeling his "inside contacts" with nthe Bills don't go very deep.

What does "B'up" mean?

243725[/snapback]

Hehe...its an abbreviation that I commonly use for backup. Now that I am thinking about it I'm wondering if I made it up or if I've seen it elsewhere. Not sure.

Sorry for the confusion.

Hehe...its an abbreviation that I commonly use for backup. Now that I am thinking about it I'm wondering if I made it up or if I've seen it elsewhere. Not sure.

Sorry for the confusion.

243758[/snapback]

Heh...when I worked in automotive, we had a zillion of them. To an outsider, we might have sounded like vacationers from Jupiter. :doh:

If Matthews decides to retire or signs elsewhere, the Bills could consider veteran QB Jim Miller (Patriots) during the offseason.

243660[/snapback]

Jeez...that's a real gem. I think the Bills COULD consider just about anyone they wanted.

Jeez...that's a real gem.  I think the Bills COULD consider just about anyone they wanted.

243808[/snapback]

Exactly. That's why I was wondering if this writer was a particularly good source, or if they're just flinging crap at a wall to see if something sticks.

Exactly. That's why I was wondering if this writer was a particularly good source, or if they're just flinging crap at a wall to see if something sticks.

243851[/snapback]

Mark must have read it on someone else's website and decided to pass it along to the readers. He's not real bright and usually asks a lot of dumb questions that piss off the rest of the media at press conferences.