Johnny Manziel (update: waived by Browns)

Camp fodder WRs are not the same as reps for your backup QB. Two different animals entirely.

And he's heard, "one more mistake", over the course of numerous mistakes already. Not worth the time and trouble for this team. Let him be somebody else's reclamation project. We are trying to build something lasting here.

GO BILLS!!!

Why can't he be 4th string?

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why can't he be 4th string?

You keep missing the point and I see no reason to belabor it any longer.

Maybe you could start a write-in campaign on his behalf. Or set up a picket outside the admin building. All of us here understand your love of Manziel. You need to convince One Bills Drive of your devotion instead.

GO BILLS!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a Manziel fan, but I do think he is as good as, if not better than, Tyrod Taylor.

His off field behavior is not a concern. He's a kid in his early 20s who likes to party. Big friggin deal.

If he can learn how to "play the game," as in, not put himself in stupid situations when he knows the media is just waiting, I think he can be a decent QB.

I would not be upset if the Bills cut EJ and acquired Manziel. Whoever the Bills' backup is in 2016 will end up being the starter; either due to injury or sucktitude. Of course, that's just my opinion.

I'm not a Manziel fan, but I do think he is as good as, if not better than, Tyrod Taylor.

His off field behavior is not a concern. He's a kid in his early 20s who likes to party. Big friggin deal.

If he can learn how to "play the game," as in, not put himself in stupid situations when he knows the media is just waiting, I think he can be a decent QB.

I would not be upset if the Bills cut EJ and acquired Manziel. Whoever the Bills' backup is in 2016 will end up being the starter; either due to injury or sucktitude. Of course, that's just my opinion.

There's no evidence he's even better than EJ. And his off-field behavior is a major concern, considering he's an alcoholic.

I don't know whether to

:death:

or

:censored:

or

:w00t:

or

:doh:

or

:sick:

or

:wallbash:

or

:cry:

but I definitely

:thumbdown:

& I wonder if you're

:wacko:

Oh boy

If we are gonna give anyone a chance it should be Daryl Washington, He would be a outstanding addition to this D, Before he was suspended he was a top MLB in the NFL. This dude is a flat out beast a sideline to sideline tackling machine with great coverage ability and did i mention a great blitzing LB the last time he played in 2013 had 131tkls, 9sks, 3 int, and 2ff. I'd rather add a all pro talent that fits a big need in Rex D then to add Johnny Crap Ball who would just bring a media circus with him.

DW is still young at 26yrs and hopefully has put his Mary habit on hold till after his playing career is over. When the NFL reinstates him i hope the Bills will be the first team that calls Arz bout a trade. They seem ready to move on without him and can be had relatively cheap based on his off the field habits.

That would be a good move. We are really weak at LB and for Rexs system we need at least 5 really good to decent LBs. Who cares if he smoked some buddah. as long as he preforms on the field.

Edited by Marty McFly

The Tyrod Taylor hate is strong in this one...i dont disagree that manziel can be decent and better than EJ , but better then TT at this point? thats crazy talk. TT > Manziel. easily on work ethic alone. I remember a lot of people on this board during pre-season saying TT wouldnt make it as the starter past wk9...and hed be benched before week 17....well were at the end of the playoffs and TTs playing in the pro bowl as an alternate.....3k yards 500+ yards on the ground 24 TDs vs 7 Ints total and he is without a doubt our starter for the 2016 season....kinda funny how that played out.

The Tyrod Taylor hate is strong in this one...i dont disagree that manziel can be decent and better than EJ , but better then TT at this point? thats crazy talk. TT > Manziel. easily on work ethic alone. I remember a lot of people on this board during pre-season saying TT wouldnt make it as the starter past wk9...and hed be benched before week 17....well were at the end of the playoffs and TTs playing in the pro bowl as an alternate.....3k yards 500+ yards on the ground 24 TDs vs 7 Ints total and he is without a doubt our starter for the 2016 season....kinda funny how that played out.

Funnier still is the ever changing yardstick used to define Tyrod. Every time he achieves a milestone a hater said he'd never reach, suddenly that becomes moot and a new milestone is set. Then when Taylor reaches that one...well, you get the picture.

Funnier still is the ever changing yardstick used to define Tyrod. Every time he achieves a milestone a hater said he'd never reach, suddenly that becomes moot and a new milestone is set. Then when Taylor reaches that one...,well, you get the picture.

its gonna continue to happen until we make the playoff....then it will all be about how he didnt get us to the super bowl and bla blah.....most Bills fans are so traumatized from the last 30 years its hard for them to billieve anymore

Funnier still is the ever changing yardstick used to define Tyrod. Every time he achieves a milestone a hater said he'd never reach, suddenly that becomes moot and a new milestone is set. Then when Taylor reaches that one...well, you get the picture.

Was there ever a post saying, "Call me when he makes a Pro Bowl?" I've never heard of anyone setting that as a benchmark. Ever.

And you cut him if you can't or won't carry him.

The Bills carried 4 QB's all preseason, IIRC.

Still tipping at windmills, I see.

Although the reps of a 4th string quarterback in training camp would provide you all the premanufactured outrage necessary to complain about how Johnny isn't getting a chance. Nice strategy.

GO SABRES!!!