Johnny Manziel (update: waived by Browns)

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He needs to get his act together. One thing to party too much at his age (who among use did not do that?) but to get physical with women is a deal breaker. I question his character and in the current state of the NFL and domestic violence, no team will want him now. Take a year off and get into therapy to address these issues. Come back in tow years and work your way back into the NFL. I would rather have Tebow than Manziel on my team. I wish the young man well and hope he turns his life around.

someone very wise ( & wonderful) said much the same up thread. He can't be that stupid.

But...if he wasn't that stupid he'd be partying not allegedly abusing a female so maybe he's cray cray and also wants out of Cleveland. The sad thing is that if he wants out of there there's probably little chance he'd be interested in Buffalo. It would be really great if he landed here.

I hope that is sarcasm. If not that says a lot about the staying power of hype.

If we get him then he might as well change his name to Johnny Chippewa. I think we are smarter than that though. I think Dallas will take a shot on either him or RG3. Maybe Houston might be interested in whoever is left out of those two. Otherwise it's off to Canadia! Or maybe a year off where he can prove he can stay out of trouble (which I don't think he can)

#1 - he's going to dallas

#2 - he's one big distraction that the bills don't need

#3 - it's VERY unlikely he will change his off field behavior.

#4 - on the field he's mediocre at best and not worth the headache.

conclusion...hell no

This The Cowboys learned to handle Dez.....big problems there....so, they will have to more than replicate that kind of babysitting to deal with JM.

Edited by bigK14094

This The Cowboys learned to handle Dez.....big problems there....so, they will have to more than replicate that kind of babysitting to deal with JM.

They keep dealing with all of these problem players, but they don't seem to get any better at it.

@marykaycabot

The police report released by Fort Worth today confirm that the female with #Browns Johnny Manziel was Colleen Crowley.

In the Fort Worth police report, Colleen Crowley tells police that #Browns Manziel struck her several times and seemed to be on drugs

Edited by YoloinOhio

@marykaycabot

The police report released by Fort Worth today confirm that the female with #Browns Johnny Manziel was Colleen Crowley.

In the Fort Worth police report, Colleen Crowley tells police that #Browns Manziel struck her several times and seemed to be on drugs

Pre-draft, I heard a few stories about him that put me off wanting him but nothing this bad.

Either the Browns were negligent in their background checks or he's just spiralling out of control.

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/johnny-manziel-threatened-ex-girlfriend/32613842

DALLAS - The ex-girlfriend of NFL superstar quarterback Johnny Manziel told police that the Heisman Trophy winner told her "shut up or I'll kill us both" after forcing her into a car, hitting her and dragging her by the hair.

Really dark stuff. As I've said many times before he needs help.

I hate to say it this way, but even if you assume the best from him and worst from her he's still dumb enough to continue to put himself in this situation over and over.... And that is if you are going out of your way to paint him positively.

Pre-draft, I heard a few stories about him that put me off wanting him but nothing this bad.

Either the Browns were negligent in their background checks or he's just spiralling out of control.

He could very well be out of football in 2016.

As I mentioned the Browns had concerns about the girlfriend being in Cleveland this season (last season she was in Texas). I can't remember who told me that but she's not good for him (and looks like he's not good for her). Unfortunately I don't know if manziel's family is taking an active role in his life to force him to make positive changes - the previous history we know of how his parents dealt with him before points to that not being the case. Pettine was probably the one person who ever held him accountable for anything.

Edited by YoloinOhio