Johnny Manziel (update: waived by Browns)

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@rapsheet

Officially, #Browns carried over their $20M in cap space to 2016, like 29 teams did. To cut him, would need space to absorb his guarantee.

@tompelissero

Like other teams #Browns rolled over unused cap space (~$20.7M) day after season ended. So Manziel cut & $4.33M cap hit can't occur til 3/9.

Edited by YoloinOhio

He's gone and not getting another NFL job, thank goodness. He certainly hasn't earned it.

He's gone and not getting another NFL job, thank goodness. He certainly hasn't earned it.

He will certainly be on an NFL roster. He has shown flashes of looking like a dynamic player. Can he put it together consistently on and off the field? I doubt it. I don't doubt his ability, I doubt his desire. He just doesn't care. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I don't think he ends up on a roster until training camp. I think teams will want to see he can keep a clear name for at least 6 months. Putting him on a roster would create ton of pressure on the current qb and teams want their current qb as confident as possible.

he will end up somewhere. likely Dallas. And will likely be his last shot unless he proves maturity and performance.

i really wonder if he ends up there. The Cowboys really need to add a QB behind Romo with some promise. Most anticipate they draft one relatively high since they happen to have such good draft position this year. Would you want JFF in the QB room with the guy you are developing to be your next franchise QB? He is the worst possible example for a rookie. Edited by YoloinOhio

i really wonder if he ends up there. The Cowboys really need to add a QB behind Romo with some promise. Most anticipate they draft one relatively high since they happen to have such good draft position this year. Would you want JFF in the QB room with the guy you are developing to be your next franchise QB? He is the worst possible example for a rookie.

Unless they view Manziel as that guy? They can potentially sign JFF, draft Jalen Ramsey and take Connor Cook in Round 2. Just thinking out loud

I see little chance he's in Dallas. The Cowboys tired of Greg Hardy's personality and problems to the point he won't be back on a team desperate for pass rush.

I don't think they want a sequel.

IMO, I don't see any team that's willing to put up with his off the field shenanigans. The on the field return isn't there.

Jerry Jones and the Cowboys will definitely give him another shot. It should be interesting to watch. If the Cowboys pass on Wentz just because they can pick up Johnny Flameout, it will be typical bad JJ decision making because Romo is injury prone and cannot play forever.

Jerry Jones and the Cowboys will definitely give him another shot. It should be interesting to watch. If the Cowboys pass on Wentz just because they can pick up Johnny Flameout, it will be typical bad JJ decision making because Romo is injury prone and cannot play forever.

Huh? Since when?