Al Jazeera America shutting down

I used to think that they were probably biased simply because of their name, but it was suggested to me that that wasn't the case, that they were pretty good. I began to switch over to Al Jazeera from time to time to see for myself, and came away thinking that they were a lot better than I had previously given them credit for. I believe that it was their name - Al Jazeera - that kept a lot of people from tuning in, presuming a bias on their part. Sort of like if TASS or Pravda had opened US news agencies back in the 70's.

I used to think that they were probably biased simply because of their name, but it was suggested to me that that wasn't the case, that they were pretty good. I began to switch over to Al Jazeera from time to time to see for myself, and came away thinking that they were a lot better than I had previously given them credit for. I believe that it was their name - Al Jazeera - that kept a lot of people from tuning in, presuming a bias on their part. Sort of like if TASS or Pravda had opened US news agencies back in the 70's.

This is a pretty logical assesment

They waited a while, called it Russia Times and it worked.

:beer:

They waited a while, called it Russia Times and it worked.

JTSP disagrees.

Until it became a paid subscription, Naked News was my favorite. Great combination of coverage and lack thereof.

Which is an undervalued quality these days. Of course the Left construes that as a filter to shut off any inconvenient truths and story lines that don't agree with the agenda.