Browns hire Hue Jackson

YoloinOhio

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who they hire as GM is going to be more important that who they hire at HC. They've consistently BOMBED at making all the wrong decisions in the offseason. Manziel, Justin Gilbert, Josh Gordon, Trent Richardson, Barkevious Mingo, Brandon Weeden, just to name a few.

So true! And another reason trading up for Sammy was good. The Browns make mistakes extremely frequently.

Jackson didn't let Palmer go. Jackson signed Palmer. Dennis Allen let him go.

Yeah, I don't what he was talking about. Jackson was the one who wanted to trade for Palmer since he worked with him before. Jackson had the Raiders plying really well with Jason Campbell. Campbell got hurt and they made the Palmer trade, which got ripped at the time. Gotta love hindsight.

Jackson is a good offensive coach. I just don't know if the Browns is a place any coach should go right now.

Yeah, I don't what he was talking about. Jackson was the one who wanted to trade for Palmer since he worked with him before. Jackson had the Raiders plying really well with Jason Campbell. Campbell got hurt and they made the Palmer trade, which got ripped at the time. Gotta love hindsight.

Jackson is a good offensive coach. I just don't know if the Browns is a place any coach should go right now.

Come on, with a sleazy trucking mogul, lawyer, and baseball guy running the show what could go wrong?

Come on, with a sleazy trucking mogul, lawyer, and baseball guy running the show what could go wrong?

Honestly, maybe they are thinking that nothing they have done has worked before. So let's just hire random people and hope for a miracle. The Browns are crazy like a fox.

Honestly, maybe they are thinking that nothing they have done has worked before. So let's just hire random people and hope for a miracle. The Browns are crazy like a fox.

i do give them credit for trying something different. What they were doing before sure didn't work. But it's kind of an experiment and I don't think Browns fans are in the mood for once of those.

That said, the owner has publically called it a multi-year rebuild, so he set the bar very low in terms of expectations, at least for this coming season. Not the worst thing. It is what allowed the jags and raiders to let their rookie QBs play and develop through 3 win seasons, stockpile high draft picks, and they look headed in the right direction now.

The key, of course, is drafting the right QB and then drafting the right players around him. Right now, they don't have a GM in place.

Edited by YoloinOhio

i do give them credit for trying something different. What they were doing before sure didn't work. But it's kind of an experiment and j don't think Browns fans are in the mood for once of those. That said the owner has publically called it a multi year rebuild, so he set the bar very low in terms of expectations, at least for this coming season. Not the worst thing. It is what allowed the jags and raiders to let their rookie QBs play and develop through 3 win seasons and they look headed in the right direction now.

Good post. I do think the whole "football guy" stuff is overrated anyways. Most of those guys get handed jobs because of people they know.

If you want to build a good culture, find a qb.

Good post. I do think the whole "football guy" stuff is overrated anyways. Most of those guys get handed jobs because of people they know.

If you want to build a good culture, find a qb.

yep. I don't care if their head coach is chudzinski, Pettine, or hue. If they'd drafted Watkins and Carr instead of Gilbert and Johnny in 2014, they would be completely different right now. IMO.

yep. I don't care if their head coach is chudzinski, Pettine, or hue. If they'd drafted Watkins and Carr instead of Gilbert and Johnny in 2014, they would be completely different right now. IMO.

Yeah. I never liked Manziel but since you drafted him, you should have played him. Teams and fan bases don't have the patience to develop Qbs anymore.

Honestly, Tyrod Taylor probably is one of the few Qbs that gets developed right. No pressure to play and learn under NFL coaching for a few years.

He is putting together a helluva staff in CLE. Doug Pedersen as well in Philadelphia. Hired Jim Schwarz as DC and Frank Reich as OC. So glad. Now Schwartz and Reich can be in line when Rex loses his job next year.

He is putting together a helluva staff in CLE. Doug Pedersen as well in Philadelphia. Hired Jim Schwarz as DC and Frank Reich as OC. So glad. Now Schwartz and Reich can be in line when Rex loses his job next year.

I suggest you listen to Doug Pedersen's explanation for that "hurry-up" KC drive last weekend; it doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence. Reich was fired in San Diego; aside from appreciating him as an ex-Bill what exactly has led you to believe he's a great OC?

As for Ray Horton in Cleveland; yes, he's a fine DC, but the funny thing is Cleveland was going to have to pay him this season anyway...so "hiring" him is the only move that made sense.

Edited by eball