Browns hire Hue Jackson

YoloinOhio

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone think he makes it to week 17 of the 2018 season?

I have strong doubts.
I also think this illustrates what an unattractive candidate he is. Why, I don't know. But the dude has gotten A LOT of interviews these past two off seasons, and this is the first position he's offered? And he accepts it?
Granted, we don't know if he declined other offers. And if he did, by all means, I'm wrong.
But if this was his first post-Oakland shot, it says something about the caliber of organization(s) that are willing to take a flyer on the guy, and the ones that are not.
Edited by The Big Cat

Anyone think he makes it to week 17 of the 2018 season?

I have strong doubts.
I also think this illustrates what an unattractive candidate he is. Why, I don't know. But the dude has gotten A LOT of interviews these past two off seasons, and this is the first position he's offered? And he accepts it?
Granted, we don't know if he declined other offers. And if he did, by all means, I'm wrong.
But if this was his first post-Oakland shot, it says something about the caliber of organization(s) that are willing to take a flyer on the guy, and the ones that are not.

He is abrasive there is now doubt. That is why York backed away from him - he didn't want another Harbaugh on his hands. But if he is left to coach I believe he is a hell of a football coach and a terrific leader of men.

Cleveland has just hired the best candidate on the market. He will take them back to the play-offs within 2 years.... job 1 - as always.... find a Quarterback.

Hue was fully available for hire last year.

And Jed went with one-and-done Tomsula for 2015, so it makes you wonder.

The organizations with ownership who change coaches so frequently, SF, CLE, TB, and TEN bring much of their issues on themselves.

Will this be 1 or 2?

1. The Bills hiring of Kaye Stephenson

2. The Pats hiring of Beleickek

We fans can bloviate all we want, but only time will tell.

..ooops dissociative moment... WTF am I posting about Cleve in a Bills board?

This is the second train wreck he is taking over with the Raiders and now the Browns. The difference with the Raiders now is the son isn't as bad as the dad at meddling, and they have a better GM and Front Office.

Jackson was by some considered the most experienced and best HC candidate. I would have taken him over Case. I hope he gets the support this time from mgmt to bring him better talent, and can compete.

I for one am sick of seeing the Browns at the bottom. Those fans deserve some hope. At least Whaley and Nix have added talent to this team.

This is the second train wreck he is taking over with the Raiders and now the Browns. The difference with the Raiders now is the son isn't as bad as the dad at meddling, and they have a better GM and Front Office.

Jackson was by some considered the most experienced and best HC candidate. I would have taken him over Case. I hope he gets the support this time from mgmt to bring him better talent, and can compete.

I for one am sick of seeing the Browns at the bottom. Those fans deserve some hope. At least Whaley and Nix have added talent to this team.

I'm good with them being on the bottom for one more year. Then, once they're off our schedule, I hope they take the division in perpetuity!