Give a Letter Grade to Obama Presidency

B-Large

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He won a second term, so obviously the voters did not agree with you. And Obama was just a better president. Don't remember a Democrat running a challenge to Obama's nomination in 2012. Your question makes no sense

Carter had been president minutes before...

Do you think that it was Iran's fear of Carter or Reagan that made them release the hostages?

Prove it.

Ok! I'll try. This will turn into a obfuscationist cluster fok lol.

https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/polls/us-elections/how-groups-voted/how-groups-voted-2012/

Here, this shows older whites were the vast majority of Romney voters while Obama put together a multicultural coalition of voters

And this shows how the traditionally racist south supported the non-black candidate

http://www.270towin.com/2012_Election/interactive_map

Ok, quibble away!

Do you think that it was Iran's fear of Carter or Reagan that made them release the hostages?

Not fear at all. After all, look at the deal they got out of Reagan for far fewer hostages. Reagan gave our enemies so many weapons for a couple of hostages, and then they just grabbed a few more anyway. Ya, they were real scared of Reagan...

Here, this shows older whites were the vast majority of Romney voters while Obama put together a multicultural coalition of voters

It also shows a vast majority (93%) of blacks voted for Barack Obama.

So if you're arguing that a majority of whites voting for Romney is racist, then it stands to reason that a majority blacks voting for Obama is also racist, especially since the percentage of blacks for Obama was significantly higher than whites for Romney.

So by your own argument, racism didn't stop Obama. It actually got him elected.

It also shows a vast majority (93%) of blacks voted for Barack Obama.

So if you're arguing that a majority of whites voting for Romney is racist, then it stands to reason that a majority blacks voting for Obama is also racist, especially since the percentage of blacks for Obama was significantly higher than whites for Romney.

So by your own argument, racism didn't stop Obama. It actually got him elected.

No, because Obama was also able to get other groups to vote for him. Romney, not so much

https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/polls/us-elections/how-groups-voted/how-groups-voted-2012/

And this shows how the traditionally racist south supported the non-black candidate

Ok, quibble away!

Romney won 4% more of voters aged 45-64, and 12% more aged 65 and over. That's not exactly "the vast majority".

The more rural states have always voted more conservatively. Your choice of words in referring to them as "the traditionally racist south" is offensive, prejudiced, and more than a little ironic.

Ok, quibble away!

It's not an obfuscation You said "Older white Americans angry at a black president." Your links prove nothing. First, we have a secret ballot. And even though I guess people answered exit polls, who says they answered them truthfully and if they did, it says nothing about their motive. You can assume what it is, but you can't prove it or for that matter, even know it.

Some would describe me as an "older white American" (how old is old and how old is older?) and I voted for BO the first time but not the second time because I disagreed with his policies. The fact that he was black was only a coincidence. I resent someone saying I didn't vote for him because he was black which was your obvious insinuation.

It's not an obfuscation You said "Older white Americans angry at a black president." Your links prove nothing. First, we have a secret ballot. And even though I guess people answered exit polls, who says they answered them truthfully and if they did, it says nothing about their motive. You can assume what it is, but you can't prove it or for that matter, even know it.

Some would describe me as an "older white American" (how old is old and how old is older?) and I voted for BO the first time but not the second time because I disagreed with his policies. The fact that he was black was only a coincidence. I resent someone saying I didn't vote for him because he was black which was your obvious insinuation.

Well, I can't prove you are lying, but I believe you are. So...

Gator's own facts more often than not undercut whatever point he's trying to make. He's not interested in honest discussions on any topic, he only cares about hurling insults and claiming victory despite the facts. He's not a serious person, expecting to have a serious conversation with him is about as realistic as believing in Santa Claus.

Well, I can't prove you are lying, but I believe you are. So...

See?