Favorite Scotch, Whiskey, or Bourbon And How Do You Take It?

I like whiskey.

Up to about Jameson level of quality, I'll have either neat or with a cube or two of ice. Nice ones either neat or with a splash of water if it's high proof. I think most good whiskey tastes better at room temperature, more flavorful.

Shout out to Evan Williams for being a suprisingly good whiskey at a very low price point.

A friend of mine is a whiskey connoisseur, and swears by Evan Williams white label, when he can find it.

My girlfriend's father is into whiskey, so naturally, to show "how man I am" I had a glass of whiskey and cigar with him on Christmas. It was a local brand of bourbon called 1835, with ice and water, goes down real smooth.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big fan of rusty nails. Scotch and Drambuie. It is surprising how many bartenders these days don't have a clue how to make a proper classic drink though. I usually have to explain how to make it. Even an old fashioned or manhattan will draw a blank stare once in a while.

It's gotta have a funny or hip name. Usually using some new type of liquor, or something fruity.

It's gotta have a funny or hip name. Usually using some new type of liquor, or something fruity.

I ordered a "TRBJ" the other day. The bartender proceeded to dip the rim of my glass in chocolate chip cookie crumbs, added ice, poured a shot of Tequila (Houston TX area), an ounce of milk, and topped it off with a dead cricket.

Bulleit bourbon is my usual go-to for brown spirits, and I usually drink it neat or with a few ice cubes. I love manhattans, but would never use a good whiskey like Bulleit. There is a local distillery here in Vermont called Whistlepig that makes a tremendous, award winning bourbon. I rarely drink it, however, as it is like $95 for a 750 ml bottle. Delicious stuff though.

Crown -straight up on the rocks or in a Manhattan with moonshine soaked cherries

Ditto....I got Crown Black for a Christmas present, it's pretty good, but I like the original best. Although Crown XO is pretty smooth and a close second.