Rob Ryan joining Bills staff

FluffHead

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone so upset at the hire? I'm asking legitimately. All I hear is complaints about the hire but no one is breaking down stats on why hiring him is a bad thing.

Because his stats are well known. Google his Saints team. Or his Cowboys team.

Because he likely knows Rob is not going to get a DC job right away and they both think this will be fun to work together and show the world next year that we are geniuses. It's not true but that is what they are thinking.

Why is he not gonna get a DC job right away? He's a genius.

I'll tell you one thing, I am missing the hell out of Ralph right now.

Why is everyone so upset at the hire? I'm asking legitimately. All I hear is complaints about the hire but no one is breaking down stats on why hiring him is a bad thing.

Really? You need stats to prove Rob is a bad hire? Look no further....

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/111564/saints-defense-making-history-in-the-worst-way

Also- factor in the Dallas fiasco, his hire is pathetic. Didn't realize the Bills were in the feel good business of helpin' a brother out.

Let's just hope the hire was to give Rob a place to sleep and eat.

Strangely, I kind of like this move. He was responsible for bringing along Ted Bruschi and Willie Mc Guinest, 2 very good linebackers. I've noticed that whenever he has good personnel he usually conquers. Conversely, if the personnel sucks then he struggles. Don't hate on him just yet people lets see how's this plays out. I have a really good feeling about this.

Honest question... how have his defenses been? Was he always the weak unit on his teams? Traditional 34? What can I expect

he isn't the DC, it doesn't matter. He's just helping Rex with player development and scheme implementation. Rex's schemes and game plans, not his. Edited by YoloinOhio

My "glass half full best case"...Rob is the Chris Palmer of the defense....Palmer's contribution was likely under appreciated this year as he likely helped Lee with developing Tyrod and Roman with game planning.

Despite my jokes about Delta Tau Bills -- I have no doubt that Rob is serious about rehabbing a tarnished reputation and both Ryan's want to honor Buddy with a great team...strong motivation.

I don't believe either will tank it for the dollars...I do believe that this has a higher likelihood of blowing up than succeeding just because Rex appears too lax with both players and staff....

For all of us -- I hope this is a move we look back on with positive vibes this time next year...

I had posted this in a thread several weeks back. Check out the Defensive rankings:

http://www.pro-footb...hes/RyanRo0.htm

(edit - Big Cat beat me to it)

Rare to find single digits in any category. Not sure if you are implying this, but I want to see anyone brings stats and solid information to say why this hire is a good thing for the Bills.

It is wrong from the football perspective (as shown above). It stinks of nepotism. It send a wrong message to any future coaching candidates. It also raises questions about who made this decision and why.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

You can't be delusional as you say and pragmatic at the same time.

He got that title before he coached a down here.

Hitler is an example. His delusion led to a very orderly plan of genocide. He thought it pragmatic for sure.

Rex's delusion is what leads him to believe the Pegulas should do this favor. The Pegulas weren't equipped to say no.

And you know this how?

how do I know he isn't the DC? Because that's not his title and we already have one.

@viccarucci

Apparently there's no change to the role of #Bills DC Dennis Thurman. Anthony Lynn remains assistant head coach/running backs.

Edited by YoloinOhio