Rob Ryan joining Bills staff

FluffHead

Got it......you know more then NFL pro clubs......got it

He isn't even getting DC jobs anymore. Safe to say they agree. Then again, the Saints thought CJ Spiller deserved a top 10 RB contract. Who was right then, me or the NFL pro club?

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And NFL executives from all over the league with several different clubs have been signing off on it

I guess they are ALL stupid

Most of them probably are. Dallas has made questionable decisions since Jerry Jones took over. Cleveland has been perennially bad since it rejoined the league with a front office that has raised eyebrows consistently. Oakland for a long time has had a crappy front office. At this point, given Rob Ryan's proven ineffectiveness over an extended period of time I think it is safe to say anyone hiring him, particularly under these circumstances, is stupid.

Im suprised you didnt say it was because of their dad

Don't discount the familial connection. Bobby Bowden's sons got their jobs after working with Dad, and after some earlier success crashed and burned and are now toiling away at the University of Akron (Rex's initial success followed by mediocrity sounds familiar). Mike Stoops has made a lot of money as Bob Stoops' brother as has Mark Stoops (I know first hand how mediocre Mike was as a head coach and Mark isn't exactly setting the world afire at UK). Somehow people get it in their heads that coaching is in the genes, and more often than not they end up disappointed in the result.

And NFL executives from all over the league with several different clubs have been signing off on it

Most of them probably are. Dallas has made questionable decisions since Jerry Jones took over. Cleveland has been perennially bad since it rejoined the league with a front office that has raised eyebrows consistently. Oakland for a long time has had a crappy front office. At this point, given Rob Ryan's proven ineffectiveness over an extended period of time I think it is safe to say anyone hiring him, particularly under these circumstances, is stupid.

Don't discount the familial connection. Bobby Bowden's sons got their jobs after working with Dad, and after some earlier success crashed and burned and are now toiling away at the University of Akron (Rex's initial success followed by mediocrity sounds familiar). Mike Stoops has made a lot of money as Bob Stoops' brother as has Mark Stoops (I know first hand how mediocre Mike was as a head coach and Mark isn't exactly setting the world afire at UK). Somehow people get it in their heads that coaching is in the genes, and more often than not they end up disappointed in the result.

I still find it funny how fans think they know more then NFL people on how to run a football club

You guys are all missing your callings!

He isn't even getting DC jobs anymore. Safe to say they agree. Then again, the Saints thought CJ Spiller deserved a top 10 RB contract. Who was right then, me or the NFL pro club?

The saints have made some bad choices no doubt.

What you are saying is that you are smarter then several different nfl clubs

Your not

I still find it funny how fans think they know more then NFL people on how to run a football club

Your not

Yeah? Prove it. Show me where I was wrong, and the Raiders, Browns and Saints were right. Oh wait.

Your basic fallacy is saying the NFL teams must be right because they're NFL teams. Even though there are constant firings, turnarounds and mistakes made by almost every NFL team every year.

Edited by FireChan

Yeah? Prove it. Show me where I was wrong, and the Raiders, Browns and Saints were right. Oh wait.

Your basic fallacy is saying the NFL teams must be right because they're NFL teams. Even though there are constant firings, turnarounds and mistakes made by almost every NFL team every year.

Why are you not working in the NFL? I will write you a letter of reference

Your not

He was hired and fired as DC by 4 teams in a row. How smart can these guys be?

After the 4th team let him go (why would they hire him??), he said this, in typical fired-Ryan fashion:

“Everything in New Orleans is being blamed on me including Katrina and I think it’s a little farfetched,” Ryan said. “So the bottom line is this. I’ll hold my head high and walk out into the sunset, but believe me, I’m coming back with a vengeance.”

Yeah, right, which I'm sure you love way more than being GM of an NFL franchise, which you would be better at than a lot of if not most of the guys that have those jobs now.

I didn't say I'd be better than an NFL GM. I'm saying they aren't automatically correct because they are in the NFL. See the difference?

And yes, I love it more.

Point blank, I was right and Payton was wrong about CJ Spiller. I don't care if he's a garbage man or a HoF coach. It's irrelevant and fallacious to say otherwise.

Edited by FireChan

I didn't say I'd be better than an NFL GM. I'm saying they aren't automatically correct because they are in the NFL. See the difference?

And yes, I love it more.

Point blank, I was right and Payton was wrong about CJ Spiller. I don't care if he's a garbage man or a HoF coach. It's irrelevant and fallacious to say otherwise.

That is a interesting way to twist it

Im not making any argument at all

I said Id write you a letter.......submit your application!

Yes you are.

Your all over the place on this

First he is Rex is doing it from a postition of power

now

Now its "Why now?"

WHich is it?

Yes, they are. That's why he keeps getting fired after sucking.

Got it......you know more then NFL pro clubs......got it

That's exactly the argument you made. Don't pretend you didn't.

Rex has been fired 4 times. Is he not being fired because it was a mistake to hire him?

Whenever these seemingly Big events occur, folks get divisive.

Is it really a big deal Rex brought his brother in?

Let it play out for Gosh sakes.

I mean who did not see that coming anyways. as soon as we saw the pics of Rob on the practice field in Buffalo Bills colors the logical next step was bringing him in.

He has a title that barely defines his role. Almost like a consultant perhaps?

And the Def definitely needs tweaking.

say at the LBs.

Wonder if Rob has any skillset there?

Its all or nothing for Rex this year.

Should be fun to watch either way!

My money goes against the popular opinion.

I say

Bills make the playoffs as a seeded team.

regardless it will be a popcorn sucking season to behold. I want a Front Row Balcony seat, and a X-large box of jujubes to toss randomly at innocent bystanders

Edited by 3rdand12

I find it funny how you automatically assume all these NFL front offices know how to run teams. Haven't you seen some of these clubs' records over the last 5-10 years? Suffice to say, much than less half of NFL teams have FOs that know how to competently run a team. It's usually the same old teams making playoff runs. Why else would we be seeing such HC/FO turnover we do?

It's true. The NFL is a zero-sum league. Someone has to lose. But, we keep seeing the same teams each year losing. The same few teams keep making the playoffs while the rest remains lost. Are these teams competently run?

As for the nepotism charge? This is nepotism as its finest. If Rex wasn't our HC and we were looking for a DC, Rob wouldn't be in the equation. In fact, how many other teams were in pursuit of Rob's fine services? Perhaps some networks were.

Edited by Saint Doug

I have no real view on this. Let's see what we get on the field next year and go from there, shall we? I'm more interested in whether Aaron Williams and Kyle Williams are retained and come back to near 100%. and whether Dareus is emotionally ready to go. and whether they get Gilmore signed... That stuff is worth sweating over.

Rob won't do all the crazy Dareus coverage drops crap Rex told Thurman to do.. you should actually like having him in between Rex and the defensive calls..,,

Bills fans are so jaded, bitter and broken. Not a shred of optimism in this group anymore. Come on guys, we finally have an offense, weapons, real NFL tools.. get positive

Unacceptable. We need to decide, right now, whether this portends doom.

I find it funny how you automatically assume all these NFL front offices know how to run teams. Haven't you seen some of these clubs' records over the last 5-10 years? Suffice to say, much than less half of NFL teams have FOs that know how to competently run a team. It's usually the same old teams making playoff runs. Why else would we be seeing such HC/FO turnover we do?

It's true. The NFL is a zero-sum league. Someone has to lose. But, we keep seeing the same teams each year losing. The same few teams keep making the playoffs while the rest remains lost. Are these teams competently run?

fans should obviously be running those teams.

Yes you are.

That's exactly the argument you made. Don't pretend you didn't.

Rex has been fired 4 times. Is he not being fired because it was a mistake to hire him?

Rex?