Marvin Lewis

boyst

Are you out of your mind? Of course he's on the hot seat.

There aren't many possible replacements out there? There are only 32 teams, I'm certain that there are at least 33 people qualified to coach an NFL team.

Put down the moonshine.

LOL

Maybe he's in Minn right now. In that case, keep drinking!

-26 wind chill

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there is anything in the world that a coach can do to stop a time bomb like Burfict. You can bench him and it doesn't make him less insane but hurts your team not having him out there. You can say enough is enough and cut him but that is the GMs job. It's sometimes possible that a player will mellow himself after many years but it isn't often. It's like a drug addict. You have to really want to quick yourself, 100%, or you are not quitting no matter what anyone says to you. You want Burfict on your team making great plays and INTs you have to put up with him being a madman and ****. I don't think Lewis is responsible for that although I know a lot of people do.

Losing seven playoff games though, should be reason enough.

I don't think there is anything in the world that a coach can do to stop a time bomb like Burfict. You can bench him and it doesn't make him less insane but hurts your team not having him out there. You can say enough is enough and cut him but that is the GMs job. It's sometimes possible that a player will mellow himself after many years but it isn't often. It's like a drug addict. You have to really want to quick yourself, 100%, or you are not quitting no matter what anyone says to you. You want Burfict on your team making great plays and INTs you have to put up with him being a madman and ****. I don't think Lewis is responsible for that although I know a lot of people do.

Losing seven playoff games though, should be reason enough.

get him off the field in that situation.

a time bomb is consistent in that it will go off in time - when time is most critical and time most pressured is when the bomb goes off. get him off the field in such a critical time.

get him off the field in that situation.

a time bomb is consistent in that it will go off in time - when time is most critical and time most pressured is when the bomb goes off. get him off the field in such a critical time.

You know when the bomb is going off? He had just made a potentially game winning play a minute or so earlier.

You know when the bomb is going off? He had just made a potentially game winning play a minute or so earlier.

you know the variables of pressure and time. you know the results.

at the end of the game when its on the line you know the risk goes up and the outcome more detrimental. therefore, you remove the bomb.

at the end of the game when its on the line you know the risk goes up and the outcome more detrimental. therefore, you remove the bomb.

But in doing that, you're taking your best defender off the field in the most crucial time.

Can't do that.

So he should have known beforehand to bench his best player in the last series of a playoff game after that player had just played great and should have won the game for him. Got it.

The game was arguably on the line because of the great plays Burfict made with the hit on Big Ben and the interception.

So the coach is supposed to magically know when one of his best players is going to switch from hard-hitting great football which is helping to put the team in position to win, to being a crazed timebomb at a specific time near the end of the game?

Riiiiight.

Lewis IMO made some questionable coaching decisions - such as the lack of pressure on Big Ben that last series - but not benching one of his best players who had just made a series of heads-up plays, wasn't one of them.

Edited by Hopeful

LMAO thats what he was saying. No telling what can happen when the morality crowd gets going.

say what?? I am the morality crowd? No. I like the way Burfict plays. Lewis just needs to get him under control. I don't have morals.

But in doing that, you're taking your best defender off the field in the most crucial time.

Can't do that.

see below

So he should have known beforehand to bench his best player in the last series of a playoff game after that player had just played great and should have won the game for him. Got it.

see below

The game was arguably on the line because of the great plays Burfict made with the hit on Big Ben and the interception.

So the coach is supposed to magically know when one of his best players is going to switch from hard-hitting great football which is helping to put the team in position to win, to being a crazed timebomb at a specific time near the end of the game?

Riiiiight.

Lewis IMO made some questionable coaching decisions - such as the lack of pressure on Big Ben that last series - but not benching one of his best players who had just made a series of heads-up plays, wasn't one of them.

This was not the exact game to remove him. The game to remove him was a season or so ago. Let him know it won't be tolerated. Ya know, coach him?!

As someone else pointed out---this is why Lewis will never win in the post season. ANd this is why you fire a guy who will never win in the post season.

Before that rock head Pacman bumped/pushed Porter, another Bengal came up behind Porter and shoved him with his chest. Lewis should have had his players off the field immediately. He's just not bright enough himself to see what was coming. He's another blank stare HC.

Totally Mr Weo I thought in that situation you play the smart card/conservative clock on your side kind of footbll.

People that say "The players need to control themselves"...Lewis brought in those players knowing full well that they are idiots. He has a long record of bringing in players with problems.

Wrex has some of this going on too. Bringing in a guy that punched the quarterback in the face on his last team (and isn't even a good player) is really stupid.

Edited by HoF Watkins

People that say "The players need to control themselves"...Lewis brought in those players knowing full well that they are idiots. He has a long record of bringing in players with problems. (Wrex does the same).

Burfict has also made 100 excellent plays and 4-5 total bonehead ones. They aren't in a position to win without him. That's a tradeoff I think I would have to make. But it's surely a trade off.

People that say "The players need to control themselves"...Lewis brought in those players knowing full well that they are idiots. He has a long record of bringing in players with problems.

Wrex has some of this going on too. Bringing in a guy that punched the quarterback in the face on his last team (and isn't even a good player) is really stupid.

And yet IK didn't do anything untoward this season while playing for the Bills. He wasn't very good but he certainly wasn't a locker room issue or a bad actor at all in the red, white, and blue.