Marvin Lewis

boyst

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lewis was likely given a muligan because Dalton was out had his team not imploded with idiocy to lose the game. After that performace I dont see how he keeps his job.

Sure, it was Lewis who fumbled the ball and was called for two unsportsman-like penalties. Players are accountable for doing dumb things.

Sure, it was Lewis who fumbled the ball and was called for two unsportsman-like penalties. Players are accountable for doing dumb things.

IMO the coaches are just as accountable as the player committing the offense

Personal fouls are a lack of discipline

Is anyone forgetting what a mess the Bengals were before Lewis arrived. Geez!

IMO the coaches are just as accountable as the player committing the offense

Personal fouls are a lack of discipline

They sure are a lack of discipline...on the players part.

1:36 left- pitt has all timeouts and cinci up by one. Cinci has ball on the 20ish area of pitt. I would of downed it 3 times, burned clock to 50 seconds , kicked field goal, kicked off and make pitt score a td with 45 seconds left or so. Instead they fumble on a run up the gut. That started the downward spiral. Just plain dumb football.

With a lack of discipline being sort of a thing in Cinci and after this embarrassing lack of composure to close out a crucial game; I wonder how hot his seat just got?

There aren't many possible replacements out there, but if he doesn't deliver big next year than he will shirely be ousted...right? No way he's canned this weekend?

edited title for clarity.

0-7 in playoffs and team blows games on the way to the loss. I think he is a good coach, but he's gotta go if I'm the boss in 'Nati.

With a lack of discipline being sort of a thing in Cinci and after this embarrassing lack of composure to close out a crucial game; I wonder how hot his seat just got?

There aren't many possible replacements out there, but if he doesn't deliver big next year than he will shirely be ousted...right? No way he's canned this weekend?

edited title for clarity.

no

marrone won't cost him much, especially if he can insist his assistants stay as is and marrone has to come in as the business manager aspect for the sideline. i could see that working out with the talent they have coordinating both sides.

Marrone won't cost much because he's getting a paycheck on the side...

Edited by Uffalo Ills

Was just thinking he could get fired for this. Unreal. They had the game

I watched a couple of post game shows and they all blame Lewis for the players' behavior! If he could divine the intentions of his team, I don't think he would be 0-7. No, everybody needs to be held accountable for their own actions. Instead of his dismissal, cut the offenders or find trades for them.

Pacman Jones should be fired for being that stupid he should have held his tongue but you have to consider the source .

Burfict will be fined i'm sure but how hard is it to stop your self running full bore at some one . I don't think it was intentional helmet to helmet i think he hit him with his shoulder & from the collision their heads hit .

Plus with the play calling in the last 1:36 does Jackson get looked at as a HC ? He should have had a lot better plan in that instance.

Lewis could have & probably did have a talk with the guys in the locker room about doing stupid things on the field but packman has a history of stupid !!

The reason why Burfict went so low in the draft was because of his history of violence on the file d mixed with a bit of stupid while in college so it was only a matter of time for something like this to happen & cause them the game .

I don't get it. I was at a bar with friends during the last two minutes of that game, so I couldn't hear the play by play, but it looked to me like the refs gave Pittsburgh a bogus 15 yard penalty and then followed it with another 15 yard penalty because they weren't happy about having a playoff game stolen. Did I miss something?

Pacman Jones should be fired for being that stupid he should have held his tongue but you have to consider the source .

Burfict will be fined i'm sure but how hard is it to stop your self running full bore at some one . I don't think it was intentional helmet to helmet i think he hit him with his shoulder & from the collision their heads hit .

Plus with the play calling in the last 1:36 does Jackson get looked at as a HC ? He should have had a lot better plan in that instance.

Lewis could have & probably did have a talk with the guys in the locker room about doing stupid things on the field but packman has a history of stupid !!

The reason why Burfict went so low in the draft was because of his history of violence on the file d mixed with a bit of stupid while in college so it was only a matter of time for something like this to happen & cause them the game .

T Master- on the play calling- read my post above. Tell me if im nuts. Wouldnt that of been a good strategy? I couldnt believe they ran right into the teeth of the Steelers D.

There was some talk of replacing Marvin Lewis with one of his coordinators previous to this WC game and now it looks like a real possibility.

I'm thinking the Bengals fire Lewis tomorrow and hire Hue Jackson as their new HC. They probably stand to lose both coordinators anyway and I've read that the owner is tired of not winning a playoff game. Six out of 14 seasons in the playoffs and now not one single playoff win and they were all wildcard games, save this year...yikes!

The irony is, Rex would take Burfict in a heartbeat. Burfict has been doing that stuff since college, it's what he's known for.

IMO both sides played dirty all night. It's the refs fault as much as the coaches' - the refs never established control of this game. As many flags were thrown, there should've been way more - there were late hits, taunts, and spears by both teams the entire game. You can't let that stuff go until the last two minutes.

I get Cincy players went nuts but the Steelers got away with two major blows to the head on Bengals players that the refs allowed. One that caused a fumble when G.Bernard blacked out from it. Shazier needs to be suspended.

Edited by PromoTheRobot