Great listing of Buffalo's Resurgence and Top Places to See

ChevyVanMiller

For those that moved away and have fallen out of touch, it's not the Buffalo you left anymore. I recently went to Riverworks, what a gem, and can't wait to see the new hotel that Croce is about to unveil.

Millennials are pouring back by the thousands. Global warming has turned the winters into Carolina North. The proximity to two of the Great Lakes has made the summers some of the best in all of America.

Yeah, Buffalo is the new place to be. Seriously!

http://www.visitbuffaloniagara.com/2016/01/10-ways-2016-will-buffalos-best-year-yet/

I left in 1970. I'll agree with the building/infrastructure changes but Global Warming :doh:

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek there, but I live in the Northtowns and we barely saw snow last winter. This year we have .001 inches total, my plow guy probably has forgotten where I live and I just came back from a walk in 50 degree temps.

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek there, but I live in the Northtowns and we barely saw snow last winter. This year we have .001 inches total, my plow guy probably has forgotten where I live and I just came back from a walk in 50 degree temps.

You'll get dumped on in April...

Nice to see steps forward in B-lo

The last two western NY winters were some of the most bitter cold and stormy on record. Less snow perhaps, but hellacious. Prior to that we had some very warm ones and this year has been very mild yet again but sweet jeezus those last two winters were brutal. The ice was so thick on the lakes around WNY las spring that many didn't thaw completely until well into May..........and of course there was that snow pile in Buffalo that would not melt! :lol:

The last two western NY winters were some of the most bitter cold and stormy on record. Less snow perhaps, but hellacious. Prior to that we had some very warm ones and this year has been very mild yet again but sweet jeezus those last two winters were brutal. The ice was so thick on the lakes around WNY las spring that many didn't thaw completely until well into May..........and of course there was that snow pile in Buffalo that would not melt! :lol:

Syracuse - February 2015 - coldest month ever.....

http://www.syracuse.com/weather/index.ssf/2015/02/february_2015_weather_syracuse_coldest_month_on_record_northeast.html

And December 2015....

http://www.syracuse.com/weather/index.ssf/2016/01/how_warm_was_december_2015_lets_count_the_records_broken.html

i still stand by my weather predictions, it's going to get fairly cold by the end of the month and last a short bit and remind everyone it's winter. late winter snows will also pop up. it'll be wet. but it's going to be dry up there the rest of the year. most of the east coast will be dry.

i still stand by my weather predictions, it's going to get fairly cold by the end of the month and last a short bit and remind everyone it's winter. late winter snows will also pop up. it'll be wet. but it's going to be dry up there the rest of the year. most of the east coast will be dry.

tough winter in Vermont for skiing. And here in CT I am still waiting to see snow. It was 60 degrees yesterday(another record high). Tomorrow we might have snow mixed with rain. El Nino makes for mild New England winters

I was back last August and really enjoyed myself. My cousin has lake front property on Lake Erie and my sister has lake front property on Lake Ontario. Spent a day at each place and just loved it! I also attended one of those free Thursday night concerts at Canalside and was very impressed. And every time I visit I hit the Finger Lakes which is only an hour away. Great wines, great views and not too crowded mid-week. I would consider moving back when I retire but only if I could afford a place someplace warm. Other than that I would never relocate. The winters can just be brutal.