Coughlin or Lebeau can help Bills

Do you not understand the HUGE egos of these men? Everyone of them thinks their way is better than the other guys way. Why do you think Jim Schwartz left? They can't coexist with each other.

I am not saying that these men coaching here in realistic, especially Coughlin, but how the heck would you know that they have huge egos? Because they were successful NFL coaches they have big egos? A very simplistic and illogical way to think, unless you are leaving out evidence that you have on this.

Just because someone is successful does not mean that they have a big ego. In fact, from the little I know of both Lebeau and Coughlin they do not seem to be egotistical, seem fairly humble. When the Giants won the Super Bowl I was happy for Coughlin because of this; he never seemed arrogant, full of himself. Ditto for Lebeau, though I know less of him.

And again, nothing to back up the implication that Schwartz too has a huge ego, but there it is again. Now for Rex, you may be able to make a case for his ego problem.

Greg Roman may end up as HC in 2017.

jmo

I think this is a good possibility too. The offense was dramatically improved and Taylor is the real deal, will be the best quarterback the Bills have had since Jim Kelly, the line looks better and better, and the running game looked almost unstoppable. That was Roman's first year (for all that say give Rex the benefit of the doubt, 'what can you expect in a first year', 'blah blah...' )

Unless Ryan has a re-awakening, the defense will continue to underperform in dramatic fashion but the offense should be very good to excellent--and improve and improve and improve, just like they did this year. That is a sign of good/great coaching, the kind the Bills had in the Super Bowl years.

I hope I am wrong about Ryan's defensive coaching ability, but if not, yes, Roman is an excellent bet for head coach next year (or earlier, if the defense does not show they are much improved during next year's season...).

Edited by Mister Defense

It would make no sense to bring in a DC who runs a different scheme than Rex. It's not even a matter of whether Rex's ego would allow it. It's that Rex's scheme is the most fundamental aspect of what he brings as a coach. If you don't want that scheme you don't hire him.

You know what you get when to put ten of the most brilliant football minds in charge of one team?

A freaking mess.

I beg to differ the offensive side of the ball has some great coaches even better then our Defense has with Roman, Lynn, Kromor, Palmer, Lee & Sanjay Lal that,s definitely better then Rex, Thurman, Henderson and Dunbar obviously the D needs a little tinkering. I'm talking bout adding a great mind to help this D a older guy like Lebeau is probably not looking to run a D anymore as a DC but he might be a great Linebacker coach / D Quality control coach.. Having great minds helps they just have to be willing to work with one another for the betterment of the team. This would be much different then if Schwartz had stayed. Lebeau and Rex coach the same type of concepts as far 3-4 Zone Blitz scheme. Rex and Schwartz would of been a whole different situation

Is this another cockamamie fantasy scenario that fans will convince themselves of, then turn and throw a tantrum when it never comes close to happening?

God I love the offseason.

I find that the longer a post is, the more horrible and unrealistic the idea is.

I beg to differ the offensive side of the ball has some great coaches even better then our Defense has with Roman, Lynn, Kromor, Palmer, Lee & Sanjay Lal that,s definitely better then Rex, Thurman, Henderson and Dunbar obviously the D needs a little tinkering. I'm talking bout adding a great mind to help this D a older guy like Lebeau is probably not looking to run a D anymore as a DC but he might be a great Linebacker coach / D Quality control coach.. Having great minds helps they just have to be willing to work with one another for the betterment of the team. This would be much different then if Schwartz had stayed. Lebeau and Rex coach the same type of concepts as far 3-4 Zone Blitz scheme. Rex and Schwartz would of been a whole different situation

Yes...if one guy is the boss. But you can't have 10 bosses.

I am not saying that these men coaching here in realistic, especially Coughlin, but how the heck would you know that they have HUGE egos? Because they were successful NFL coaches they have HUGE egos? A very simplistic and illogical way to think, unless you are leaving out evidence that you have on this.

Just because someone is successful does not mean that they have a HUGE ego. In fact, from the little I know of both Lebeau and Coughlin they do not seem to have HUGE egos at all, seem fairly humble. When the Giants won the Super Bowl I was happy for Coughlin because of this; he never seemed arrogant, full of himself. Ditto for Lebeau, though I know less of him.

And again, nothing to back up the implication that Schwartz too has a HUGE ego, but there it is again. Now for Rex, you may be able to make a case for his ego problem, but none made here.

I think this is a good possibility too. The offense was dramatically improved and Taylor is the real deal, will be the best quarterback the Bills have had since Jim Kelly, the line looks better and better, and the running game looked almost unstoppable. That was Roman's first year (for all that say give Rex the benefit of the doubt, 'what can you expect in a first year', 'blah blah...' )

Unless Ryan has a re-awakening, the defense will continue to underperform in dramatic fashion but the offense should be very good to excellent--and improve and improve and improve, just like they did this year. That is a sign of good/great coaching, the kind the Bills had in the Super Bowl years.

I hope I am wrong about Ryan's defensive coaching ability, but if not, yes, Roman is an excellent bet for head coach next year (or earlier, if the defense does not show they are much improved during next year's season...).

Whatever, you keep thinking that.

I don't really know so honest question — isn't LeBeau's zone-blitz philosophy pretty similar to what Rex does? Lots of disguised pressure, things like that?

I remember the one year LeBeau helped out Greggy was one of our best defensive years during the largely pathetic '00s.

I don't really know so honest question — isn't LeBeau's zone-blitz philosophy pretty similar to what Rex does? Lots of disguised pressure, things like that?

I remember the one year LeBeau helped out Greggy was one of our best defensive years during the largely pathetic '00s.

Rex has mentioned Lebeau's schemes in pressers. Do people think Rex is not a student of the game ?

Coughlin coaching UNDER someone as an assistant? LOL...

LMFAO !!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh man. That was good.

as a consultant perhaps was the meaning?

I hear Marty Schottenheimer is available. :thumbsup:

Dick Vermeil & Marv are still alive :thumbsup:

Yes, Tom Coughlin could help the Bills provided they fire Wrex Ryan.

No doubt in my mind that Coughlin would right this ship asap. Keeping Greg Roman and hiring a decent DC to run a proper 4-3. Man 0 Man I'd love to see what this team would do against the Patriots then.

Am I the only one not in love with Coughlin? Credit him for the two playoff runs but his New York teams haven't been great outside of that.

That's like saying this dude nailed Jennifer Lopez and Megan Fox but after that settled for bar crumbs , The man still nailed those 2. All the while we have been settling for bar crumbs, C'MON Man!