11foot8 dot com

Unbelievable. If you are some yahoo renting a big UHaul to do your own move, I get how it can happen. But a full time guy driving a truck for a big company? How could you not know the height of your truck or not pay attention to signs? Hysterical.

I know of that one when I lived in Raleigh. There is also a very similar on in Delaware OH - near where I live. Maybe I'm attracted to them?

I know exactly where that one is! Another similar one is in Gary, IN on Buchannon close to the ramp for 90. There's a handful of overhead RR bridges all with signs and the automated flashers and warning sound if a truck is close to the max height. I've been told it still gets hit every couple months.

Edited by billsfanmiami(oh)

That's an interesting fetish.

God - I hope not :doh:

I know exactly where that one is! Another similar one is in Gary, IN on Buchannon close to the ramp for 90. There's a handful of overhead RR bridges all with signs and the automated flashers and warning sound if a truck is close to the max height. I've been told it still gets hit every couple months.

Remember seeing some report recently that the one in Delaware OH was going to install some sort of electronic measuring system that would block off the intersection.

Awesome site. Here's a great pic from a few years back when a double decker bus shaved off it's top going under the Whirlpool Bridge in NF, ON.

** No Japanese tourists were injured. **

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Duh. Because they're short. Were any tourists of other nationalities injured?

Unbelievable. If you are some yahoo renting a big UHaul to do your own move, I get how it can happen. But a full time guy driving a truck for a big company? How could you not know the height of your truck or not pay attention to signs? Hysterical.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Holy **** how many times (well not too many but you get it) have I used a U-Haul and had no idea what my clearance was Clarence....let alone my Vector Victor.

Since they can't raise the bridge they need to dig the road out and lower it. All these warning lights and stuff aren't going to work, having the proper distance will.

And just exactly what is that "proper distance", pray tell?

Since they can't raise the bridge they need to dig the road out and lower it. All these warning lights and stuff aren't going to work, having the proper distance will.

Apparently not.

"City officials say the trestle can’t grow because of the train tracks above and utility lines below."

Apparently not.

"City officials say the trestle can’t grow because of the train tracks above and utility lines below."

ahh, read that wrong, thought they were all above. I say nonsense, they can fix it just have to do it wright.

And just exactly what is that "proper distance", pray tell?

15 ft

Good idea. Can't wait for the video of all the cars driving into 4' of water every time it rains. :lol:

You live off the Merrit. In my short time here I've seen two trucks with severe damage because they ignored numerous signs.

You live off the Merrit. In my short time here I've seen two trucks with severe damage because they ignored numerous signs.

That's even worse. Trucks aren't allowed on the Merritt at all but sure enough, every few months someone tries and gets stuck under an overpass.