Now that Bledsoe is Gone

BB27

I am actually relieved. I really thought Bledsoe was a class act, but he just couldn't get it done.

I really think that we can focus our energy back on the true arch rivals of the Bills, the phins.

The whole Bills vs. patsies came about all because of the Bledsoe trade. With him gone, we can get back to our lives. I for one would have rooted for the Patsies in the last two superbowls if it wasn't for the Bledsoe trade/rivalry.

Even if we take a few years to get back into it, at least this chapter is over. I don't really think it will take very long for JP to shine. He is trully surrounded by talent, I guess I wish we had started him after the loss to the patsies so he would really be ready.

Good luck to Bledsoe, where ever he ends up, but I am really looking forward to watching the BILLS next year!

I am actually relieved.  I really thought Bledsoe was a class act, but he just couldn't get it done. 

I really think that we can focus our energy back on the true arch rivals of the Bills, the phins.

The whole Bills vs. patsies came about all because of the Bledsoe trade.  With him gone, we can get back to our lives.  I for one would have rooted for the Patsies in the last two superbowls if it wasn't for the Bledsoe trade/rivalry.

Even if we take a few years to get back into it, at least this chapter is over.  I don't really think it will take very long for JP to shine.  He is trully surrounded by talent, I guess I wish we had started him after the loss to the patsies so he would really be ready.

Good luck to Bledsoe, where ever he ends up, but I am really looking forward to watching the BILLS next year!

243332[/snapback]

You said it! No more statue in the pocket... and 100 sacks/ year.... finally!! :)

You said it! No more statue in the pocket... and 100 sacks/ year.... finally!! :)

243338[/snapback]

I hope you are right but you know something, JP is not exactly Michael Vick. More mobile than Drew? Sure he is but so is the stapler on my desk. I am not sure the sobriquet "mobile quarterback" really fits. You want to solve the sack problem, get an offensive line that can open holes on first down runs so we aren't facing 2nd and 11 all day long.

You said it! No more statue in the pocket... and 100 sacks/ year.... finally!! :doh:

243338[/snapback]

So the sacks are all Drew's fault? The offensive line and a non-blocking back had nothing to do with that?

Then why when Willis started in 11 games did Drew only get sacked 14 times. But 23 times when Travis was in there as the starter. Coincidence I think not.

BTW, when was Drew sacked 100 times in a year?

I don't think that all the sacks were Drews fault, but a lot of them were. I used to cringe whenever Drew started dancing in the pocket. There were many games when Drew had all the time in the world, and he couldn't throw worth ****.

One sack in particular was clearly Drew's fault. Last game of the season, guy is running right at Drew, no way he didn't see him, he just stood there and took it, fumbled too.

I think JP will be able to avoid some of those sacks. The Oline and McGahee did a decent job of protecting Drew in the second half of the season, that should continue with JP and his mobility (he's not M Vick, I agree) should help him even more.

drew did well his first year here for first half of the season and sucked the second half with the same line in front of him for the whole year . then drew did the same sh-- play for the next one and a half years . must be all the O lines fault . glad drew is out and glad JP gets his shot . :doh: LETS GO BILLS

I hope you are right but you know something, JP is not exactly Michael Vick.  More mobile than Drew?  Sure he is but so is the stapler on my desk.  I am not sure the sobriquet "mobile quarterback" really fits.  You want to solve the sack problem, get an offensive line that can open holes on first down runs so we aren't facing 2nd and 11 all day long.

243349[/snapback]

I think that issue should mostly take care of itself in the form of a superstar, future HOF'er in Willis McGahee!! :doh:

So the sacks are all Drew's fault?  The offensive line and a non-blocking back had nothing to do with that? 

Then why when Willis started in 11 games did Drew only get sacked 14 times. But 23 times when Travis was in there as the starter. Coincidence I think not.

I had 16 sacks in 10 games started, but it's actually 16 in 11 games started (forgot a start), which works out to a little over 23 sacks a season, which is LESS than Brady took.

I think onw of the reasons there were more sacks of Bledsoe running the Kevin Killdrive offense than when he ran the Clements offense was that Killdrive seemed to buy the false conclusion that Bledsoe was a statue. Clements/MM instead ran an offense that realized that just because Bledsoe was not nearly at his best running the ball or throwing on the run, he could still do it and even be effective doing it if it was employed time to time and was not used as the routine for Bledsoe.

In fact, because Killdrive refused to use Bledsoe as a runner at all (I remember few QB draws, sneaks on short yardage, and in fact many running plays at all by the RB even on 3rd and short) that Ds knwew the pass was coming and just flat-out rushed the passer with no hesitation that the Bills might just run or run Bledsoe on the play.

This past year we saw Bledsoe actually run plays like the fake sneak on 3rd and 1 and pitch back to WM for a TD, passing for a TD on the rollout a couple of times to Evans and amazingly pick up 5-7 yards on a QB draw play on 2nd and 9 after WM got stoned on 1st down (which did happen from time to time). Trying to get a 1st down on 3rd and 2-4 yards is just a huge difference from trying to get a 1st on 3rd and 9 because the D is laying for a pass play after we got stoned on 1st down.

The Bills had fewer sacks under Clements because we were likely to run any time on almost any down and an LB who went wide on a rush on 2nd an 9 was running the risk of giving up 5-7 yards to a QB draw if he left the middle unprotected so fewer blitzes were called or the LB will hesitate a moment and make sure it is not a quick hitter run up the middle.

Just cause Bledsoe was not nearly at his best running, this did not mean you never ran, in fact it meant you had to run some just to keep the pass rush honest.

So the sacks are all Drew's fault?  The offensive line and a non-blocking back had nothing to do with that? 

BTW, when was Drew sacked 100 times in a year?

243358[/snapback]

I should have been clearer, you're right... Drew was sacked 414 times in his 4 years in Buffalo ie: on average he was sacked 100 times a year. Feel better? :doh:

I should have been clearer, you're right... Drew was sacked 414 times in his 4 years in Buffalo ie: on average he was sacked 100 times a year. Feel better? :doh:

243417[/snapback]

Actually he has 402 sacks in 12 years, so it is less than 35 per year. Also he was only in Buffalo for 3 years.

Again, that facts thing tends to get in the way of you Drew haters,.

Actually he has 402 sacks in 12 years, so it is less than 35 per year.  Also he was only in Buffalo for 3 years. 

243420[/snapback]

The funny thing is, you're defending him by saying he actually only got sacked 35 times a year...

oh lord...

Actually he has 402 sacks in 12 years, so it is less than 35 per year.  Also he was only in Buffalo for 3 years. 

243420[/snapback]

get over it , drew has left town . would you pick him to be the QB of your team after seeing what he did in buffalo ????????????????????? :doh::lol:

243420[/snapback]

1) I am not a DREW hater! I hated him when he was with the Pats, but not as a Bill. It would go against my being a DIE-HARD fan of this team if I hated our QB.

2) Maybe I saw him take so many sacks it just seemed like 400+, looking back on it now are you sure it wasn't 500?

3) Only 3 years? Really? I guess it just seemed alot longer.... Y'know "time flies when you're having fun" and the opposite holds true!! :doh: