Whaley signs multi-year extension with Bills

YoloinOhio

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why even bother with an extension? The Pegulas could easily wait to determine his fate if they were thinking along these lines. If things are to their satisfaction extend Whaley and if not his contract would be up anyway.

IF that is the contract the Bills have with Whaley it is for the Pegula's to cover their butt. It prevents Whaley from skipping town for a different job because his contract expired and still not having to commit to him long term.

Edited by Manther

I think someone at the bills just leaked some false info to make the snooze look bad

I consider this a real possibility. The animosity from OBD towards the Buff Media is starting to show in the pressers.

How many times and how many players/coaches can be asked how many times about the spoiler angle in the Jets game ?

This is dumb. Not liking the Pegulas decision making thus far as owners.

Why is it dumb?

For what it's worth, I agree that extending Whaley is a bad decision. I was hoping that both he and Rex would be shown the door. Am I surprised? Not at all.

Who gets the next big contract? Brandon?

Whaley has been the best GM this decade and it is dumb to resign him?

I have had that thought before and mentioned it here, because of his agenda to get his son back into a GM role

crazy talk, conspiracy theorist and certainly possible.

Someone has been trying to break the band up, all the way back to Days of Marrone.

i have said it before. Pegulas should hire someone to track this garbage down and expunge them.

So that's where babies come from...

and stuff...

Whaley has been the best GM this decade and it is dumb to resign him?

First of all, thanks for the dialogue.

My fairly strong reservation wrt Whaley is that he is a bit too free with the team resources for my liking. Hey, he certainly has hit a few home runs. Tyrod (I will credit him for TT), Darby, and my man Karlos were fine moves.

Sammy, imo, while a ballsy move, was costly. And when the deal was made there was no Tyrod. In retrospect it was a good move but that draft was chock full of top wideouts.

EJ was a major blunder, as were Bryce Brown and Kujo. Hiring Rex was a disaster too imo. There were others, such as the McCoy contract.

Badol will disagree with me, but imo draft choices are worth more since the rookie salary cap was implemented. No more spending 36 million on a Donte Whitner. I prefer getting more to giving them up.

Hey, jmo. :)

If I owned the team I would not let him be reckless with trades and contracts.

Edited by Bill from NYC

My fairly strong reservation wrt Whaley is that he is a bit too free with the team resources for my liking. Hey, he certainly has hit a few home runs. Tyrod (I will credit him for TT), Darby, and my man Karlos were fine moves.

Sammy, imo, while a ballsy move, was costly. And when the deal was made there was no Tyrod. In retrospect it was a good move but that draft was chock full of top wideouts.

EJ was a major blunder, as were Bryce Brown and Kujo. Hiring Rex was a disaster too imo. There were others, such as the McCoy contract.

Badol will disagree with me, but imo draft choices are worth more since the rookie salary cap was implemented. No more spending 36 million on a Donte Whitner. I prefer getting more to giving them up.

Sammy and McCoy are still good moves in my eyes. EJ is a big bust on him, Kujo the same. Bryce Brown? Ah well we will live without that 4th round pick.

@tydunne

Parameters of the extension still need to be presented to Pegulas, but they're getting a deal done. Team trusting patience, continuity.

That's going to be the theme of the off-season, too. #Bills will emphasize re-signing their own. Belief within is the talent's is in house.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I can dig this facet of critique.

Doug got a bit out of hand with the win now motto.

As he has said recently though, expect little activity in FA.

Sign the developed players.

Hope he doesn't get all antsy in the draft again and fall in love !

Sammy is turning up up roses without question :thumbsup:

But from a sound business perspective , that was nuts.

@tydunne

Parameters of the extension still need to be presented to Pegulas, but they're getting a deal done. Team trusting patience, continuity.

That's going to be the theme of the off-season, too. #Bills will emphasize re-signing their own. Belief within is the talent's is in house.

Trying something new eh?

sounds fine by me.... for now....