Chris Mortenson NFL Insider

Wondering what's going on with him? Yesterday he didn't look good - like he'd been up for days; and today he's speech is altered. Hope it's nothing serious.

Bad news - Mortenson diagnosed with throat cancer.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14577195/espn-senior-nfl-analyst-chris-mortensen-throat-cancer-taking-sabbatical-treatment

Edited by Thrivefourfive

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering what's going on with him? Yesterday he didn't look good - like he'd been up for days; and today he's speech is altered. Hope it's nothing serious.

It seems to me it has been like that for a while. I'm not a big fan but I hope all is well or gets well with his health.

That was worse than what I saw earlier. It's got to me medical. (I hope....and not too serious)

That video was just posted an hour ago. I certainly hope he's okay. While searching, there were at least 4 other message board threads going back to 2010 questioning if he was drunk on air.

That video was just posted an hour ago. I certainly hope he's okay. While searching, there were at least 4 other message board threads going back to 2010 questioning if he was drunk on air.

At 8-10:00 am when I saw him? Oh my.... Regardless, praying for the best.

That definitely didn't play as drunk to my untrained eye either. I would've guessed medical too

Yeah, and if it's drunk it's too obvious for them to put him on. Just hope he's OK. And it was early am when I first noticed!

Edited by Augie

I noticed this a week or so ago but thought it was just me.

My first thought was that he had a minor stroke and we didn't know about it because it wasn't reported

Didn't notice it earlier, but I don't do ESPN like I used to. If Cordy can lose a kidney with no comment, Chris can have issues too. Sounded funny, but didn't seem drunk. You may be correct.