Frank Reich fired as Chargers OC (also Metzelaars and Joe D)

YoloinOhio

Agree. Too many injuries on their O-line sunk them.

Why? Bills led league in rushing yards, yards per carry and rushing TD's I believe. They certainly have room for improvement, but there is no need to get rid of Kromer.

This. With the resolve that the Oline showed against some tough Dlines this season, Kromer is nowhere near a hot seat.

Scapegoat IMO

I think so too. Also, I'll bet that HC Mike McCoy wants to hire Whisenhunt back as OC and Frank was in his way.

"Also gone are offensive line coach Joe D’Alessandris, tight ends coach Pete Metzelaars, wide receivers coach Fred Graves, defensive line coach Don Johnson and assistant offensive line coach Andrew Dees."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/04/chargers-fire-six-assistant-coaches/

Who they should be firing is the strength and conditioning coaches because that team was so riddled with injuries to the offense all year. I also thought Joe D was a good coach so how is it his fault that that line was injured so often.

Agree. Too many injuries on their O-line sunk them.

Why? Bills led league in rushing yards, yards per carry and rushing TD's I believe. They certainly have room for improvement, but there is no need to get rid of Kromer.

Plus with that suspension, he didn't really get a chance to do his thing this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Whisenhunt is back

@bftb_chargers

Ken Whisenhunt Returns as San Diego Chargers Offensive Coordinator

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2016/1/13/10763358/ken-whisenhunt-returns-as-offensive-coordinator?utm_campaign=boltsfromtheblue&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Edited by YoloinOhio

Joe D is a very good OL coach. I think that the Bills OL improved noticeably once Aaron Kromer returned from his suspension, so I would not change him out. However, don't think D'Alessandris will be without a job very long.

Joe D is a very good OL coach. I think that the Bills OL improved noticeably once Aaron Kromer returned from his suspension, so I would not change him out. However, don't think D'Alessandris will be without a job very long.

Joe D did us pretty well.

May end up in Philly

@lesbowen

Doug Pederson and Frank Reich were very briefly Panthers QBs together in 1995. Source tells @inkstainedretch Pederson would like Reich as OC

I also thought I saw somewhere that he was being looked at for the Dolphins OC job

It would kinda feel a little dirty watching Reich with the 'Phins.........

Every Chargers HC Rivers had couldn't really get anything going with him for a QB...

The OC's could, and that's what Frank Reich was, and obviously what I was referring to.

Why post something so disingenuous? We are talking about the OC, and they have had some very good offenses.

2006 14-2 #1 offense (Rivers first year starting)

2007 11-5 #5 offense

2008 8-8 #2 offense

2009 13-3 #4 offense

2010 9-7 #2 offense

2011 8-8 #5 offense

Will cost them more for salaries than moving expenses; coaches usually get full contract when dismissed.

Assistants don't always have multi-year deals like head coaches.

I also thought I saw somewhere that he was being looked at for the Dolphins OC job

It would kinda feel a little dirty watching Reich with the 'Phins.........

Like when Thurman played for them?