Arcade at Two Guys Department Store

ChevyVanMiller

Came across this pic recently.

I've got a lot of nostalgia for the 1970's. As much as I can appreciate an arcade like the one at Dave and Buster's, I'd give almost anything to be able to spend an hour or two at a vintage arcade like this one at the defunct Two Guys Dept. Store.

Big Ball Bowlers, Pinball, Home Run Baseball - man, those were the days.

post-2416-0-59768200-1451837843_thumb.jpg

Last year, actually 2014 now, I stopped at a Park Inn in Sharon, PA that used to be a Sheraton that my Dad would take us to when he had to go to the area on business trips. Spent many hours in their onsite game room. I was surprised that the game room was still there, not as many games, but it was there.

IMG_0306.JPG

Last year, actually 2014 now, I stopped at a Park Inn in Sharon, PA that used to be a Sheraton that my Dad would take us to when he had to go to the area on business trips. Spent many hours in their onsite game room. I was surprised that the game room was still there, not as many games, but it was there.

IMG_0306.JPG

It's shocking in a way to think how old these games now look. I can remember at the county fair they would have a tent set up with just arcade games and every bar, pizza place or hangout would have a couple of games somewhere.

Nice find, Thanks, Doc. I'm good friends with the Michael Rizzo quoted in the piece.

URW. And pretty cool. You'll have to mention to him that you read the piece.

There is a new pinball arcade that just opened near me, just down the road from where you recently stayed, jack. They do tournaments every week and there is a very active group of people that visit the place.

We go to Disney 1-2 times a year and got tickets that allow us to go to Disney Quest. They have every single arcade game ever made there. Unfortunately they're going to tear it down and replace it with some stupid NBA thing (which should be put in their "Wide World of Sports" complex). :censored:

Came across this pic recently.

I've got a lot of nostalgia for the 1970's. As much as I can appreciate an arcade like the one at Dave and Buster's, I'd give almost anything to be able to spend an hour or two at a vintage arcade like this one at the defunct Two Guys Dept. Store.

Big Ball Bowlers, Pinball, Home Run Baseball - man, those were the days.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I faintly remember Two Guys in Buffalo...or was it Twin Fair. To me it was like a Kmart. In any event, I think it later became a similar store called Gold Circle.

I too am fond of the video game machines that used to be in the front of stores, the neighborhood deli (before they morphed into gas stations that sold snacks), and in malls. All the neighborhood kids lines up to play Space Invaders. Then Asteroids, Berzerk, and Missle Command came along. Those were the days.

I used to love the Penny Arcades! This place on Fisherman's Wharf is a lot of fun.

http://museemecaniquesf.com/

Was there about 4 years ago and glad to hear it's still in business. A truly awesome collection of games long before my time.

On a side note, is that navy submarine still available to tour around the corner? Never got a chance to go below deck. My 4 year old son gashed his forehead on a pipe on the front deck. Spent a nice "daddy and me day" in the ER on my first day of vacation. He's fine and we laugh about it now. :wallbash:

Edited by DDD

Anyone in the WNY area looking for a nostalgic video game experience should check out the video game museum upstairs at the Strong Museum of Play in Rochester.

They have a lot of old school coin-ops as well as some modern things. Plus the game/toy museum itself it pretty cool to go through.

http://www.museumofplay.org/collections/video-and-other-electronic-game-collections