The Official "Unofficial" American Idol Thread

OnTheRocks

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the most excruciating hour of ass yet to be excruciated. I felt like Simon punched me in the face near the end when he said that going on the show was akin to crossing over to the dark side. It was like being awakened from a trance and wondering what I have been doing all these weeks watching this. I felt used.

But Mimi looked hilarious. I'm not buying her line about the $6.00 glasses, though. 1) they were not $6.00 and 2) she did not buy them.

That was a very painful show indeed.

1.2.Carrie + Constantine were both wretched, but they've got too many people backing them out there, they're still top 2.

3. Claynthony was probably the best :lol:, I think he may sneak into tbe top 3 tonight.

My bottom 3 are:

4. Bo: looked like a clown... massive pimp job again by judges & audience for an awful performance, I don't think America's buying it this week. Either him or Claynthony in this spot.

5. Baby V: blew whatever momentum she had going... but I think she picks up a lot of Anwar votes, so it's not her.

6. FaFu: if he would've halfway stepped up, he'd easily be safe as bad as the rest were. But he didn't, so he's gone. :P:lol:

That was a very painful show indeed.

1.2.Carrie + Constantine were both wretched, but they've got too many people backing them out there, they're still top 2.

3. Claynthony was probably the best :lol:, I think he may sneak into tbe top 3 tonight.

My bottom 3 are:

4. Bo: looked like a clown... massive pimp job again by judges & audience for an awful performance, I don't think America's buying it this week. Either him or Claynthony in this spot.

5. Baby V: blew whatever momentum she had going... but I think she picks up a lot of Anwar votes, so it's not her.

6. FaFu: if he would've halfway stepped up, he'd easily be safe as bad as the rest were. But he didn't, so he's gone. :D  :P

320713[/snapback]

Good job as always Rico. Keep it up and you could be sitting between Randy and Simon next year. :lol: I thought Simon was the only one correct in regards to Vonzell. While Randy and Dippy fawned all over her, Simon said "the first part of the song sounded flat". Flat or something else, it sounded terrible.

Apparently, I watched a different show. I thought the first 3 were very good. The last 3 sucked.

1. Bo - sorry Rico, you're wrong here. Bo absolutely ROCKED!

2. Baby V- Flat to start, but she finished strong.

3. Carrie - If you like country, she sang a good version of that song.

4. Claynthony - picked a good song for his voice. Surprised me, but he's still not an American Idol.

5. Constantine - Wow, that was horrid!

6. Round Man - Sucks, always has, always will. So, why don't his mom and dad sound like they are from the ghetto? GONE!

That's my $.02.

Apparently, I watched a different show.  I thought the first 3 were very good.  The last 3 sucked.

1. Bo - sorry Rico, you're wrong here.  Bo absolutely ROCKED!

2. Baby V- Flat to start, but she finished strong.

3. Carrie - If you like country, she sang a good version of that song.

4. Claynthony - picked a good song for his voice.  Surprised me, but he's still not an American Idol.

5. Constantine - Wow, that was horrid!

6. Round Man - Sucks, always has, always will.  So, why don't his mom and dad sound like they are from the ghetto?  GONE! 

That's my $.02.

320796[/snapback]

News Flash....

If ANY of those clowns had a lick of real talent, they would have been signed to record deals long ago rather than being on that dog-and-pony show.

My bottom 3:

Scott: And as someone else mentioned...if he came out and even did a half way decent job he would still be in the bottom three...however i think he would have ended up being safe. There was one note in the beginning...he missed so badly...i was impressed he had the courage to finish the song.

(as it is...I think he will be gone.) He is a mean brooding, arrogant character.

I hope security is at a peak when he is shown the door.

Bo: He has lost a lot of his appeal in the last month.

EuroFederov: I think he is worse than Scott....but,...that's just me. I think he has a fan base that will keep him in the competition longer than he should be.

Other Comments:

Carrie is interesting. I only watch her because her face is nice to look at. I closed my eyes last night and realized she actually has a pretty decent voice. But until she gets blood to flow through her robot body that allows her to actually move, she won't win.

Constantine is another one that just has a tremendous fan base. I think he could walk out there and literally fart a top 10 tune and he would still get the votes.

Last night he was horrrrrrible.

Vonzell. She is my favorite. She has it all. Great voice. Great looks. Great personality. Last night was weak. But she is by far the best contestant in this competition.

News Flash....

If ANY of those clowns had a lick of real talent, they would have been signed to record deals long ago rather than being on that dog-and-pony show.

320803[/snapback]

It's kind of like, if any of the clowns on this message board had any real football knowledge, they would be working for an NFL team.

[sarcasm] I heard somewhere that Bo plays in a band, is this true? [/sarcasm]

Ok, Ok. I'll talk about the show. After the pimp trance last week, it's very difficult to gather enough information to even talk about this on a weekly basis. I will say that my dog actually howled this week. No sh--.

Simon should win, he is the only one who is consistent and excellent every week.

So the country girl came out first, after 5 minutes of her petting a ferret. I wanted to remind her that PETA is full of liberals, and that would ruin her cred with her base. Still, once it was showtime, what I would have liked to have seen was for her to come out with a big-assed boom box, stand there in the middle of the stage, press the play button, just to hear a tape of her singing the song, while she just stood there, holding the boom box, but moving slightly to her dope-ass beats.

Simon said it doesn't matter what he thought. I wanted to jump through the TV and give him money. Spot on, sir.

Next, Mimi Bolton. Reminded me of the scene during the Drew Carey show when Joe Walsh made a cameo. Anywhoo, in his scene, he looked at Mimi and said "I thought I was the only person here that saw you". Sounded like ass, but Randy made sure to tell me what rock music really is. Thank you, Randy.

Was it the girl, or the singing Rutger Hauer-as-a-kid lookalike (if Rutger Hauer was a kitty) / lite rock hits crossbreed that was next? Not sure, the show kinda goes flat then. But the girl's two brothers were the stars of the night. Those two guys were absolutely the best performance of the night, especially the one who was sleeping standing up. Those two made me want to root for her, but her whole scene is so boring!

Rocker/B looked like he shaved and took a shower, which was refreshing, but Nickelback sucks. I remember the MTV Cribs' episode with Nickelback. The Nickelback guy looks like Tom Green and he is the most smug, materialistic dude going. He was all about his cars and his home-built recording studio, but then again, it was MTV Cribs, yo. Still that episode was better than Rocker/B's singing tonight. Even so, he is still way more interesting than anybody else left.

Then, Simon pulled the rug out on the whole empire that is 19e Entertainment by waking everyone out of their American Idol cult-like trance by telling us that going on the show was the equivilent of crossing over to the dark side. I pictured millions of households across America, with millions of people, holding the cup of poisoned Kool-Aid, snapping out of the trance, seeing the cup of Kool-Aid, wondering what is going on, then turning off the TV and continuing on with their lives.

The trailer park dude brought up the rear. No pun intended. Simon made a risky move by telling him to pack his suitcase. This guy has to win, because I'm not scared of him losing, or watching him leave, but rather what he does next.

News Flash....

320803[/snapback]

News Flash...

Don't watch it then. I for one enjoy it. This show is about fun. It's fun to see undiscovered talent find their way to potential stardom even though they've never been "discovered." I've seen many people with all sorts of talent that for one reason or another never pursued stardom.

Remember one thing... they are singing LIVE! How many concerts have you ever gone to that the band sounds totally different live (most of the time not for the better.) These kids are belting it out without the benefit of all the in-studio mixing equipment to hide their flaws.