Marrone/Schwartz to Miami? Nope. Gase it is.

YoloinOhio

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Marrone must have a great agent to be getting interviews and media buzz. I'd be shocked if he actually got hired to be a HC though.

starting to think the Browns job is is best chance, or Giants. But I don't think he's a good fit for either organization.

Jimmy Sexton's connections and media hype can't help Marrone once he gets in the room with an interviewing team.

i saw one reporter (josina Anderson I believe) say that some teams interview coaches simply as a favor to the agent as they have players repped by same guy. Makes a ton of sense.

I just don't want Gase in Miami, I like them at the bottom of the division.

I'm glad to see Quinn leave the Patriots.

I have no idea how good of a HC Gase will be, but what makes him a great candidate? He coordinated for Peyton and was Tebow's QB coach? So did Mike McCoy and he's a train wreck. He made Cutler look a little less like Cutler? To me it seems like the Philbin hire, only younger, and they are again putting all their eggs in the "can he fix Tannehill?" Basket. Edited by YoloinOhio

I have no idea how good of a HC Gase will be, but what makes him a great candidate? He coordinated for Peyton and was Tebow's QB coach? So did Mike McCoy and he's a train wreck. He made Cutler look a little less like Cutler? To me it seems like the Philbin hire, only younger, and they are again putting all their eggs in the "can he fix Tannehill?" Basket.

What will be more telling isn't who he brings in for the defense. The offense is that bad, they have some good receivers and just need to improve the running game a bit. The OL needs to be upgraded and overhauled but that's up to the GM to acquire the talent.

The defense is the real problem. It's a mess. No LBs to speak of. The DL is basically Suh, Wake isn't getting any younger. The secondary needs help as well.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

What will be more telling is who he brings in for the defense. The offense is that bad, they have some good receivers and just need to improve the running game a bit. The OL needs an to be upgraded and an overhaul but that's up to the GM to acquire the talent.

The defense is the real problem. It's a mess. No LBs to speak of. The DL is basically Suh, Wake isn't getting any younger. The secondary needs help as wel.

and apparently they won't be able to pay Olivier Vernon. Gase is supposedly targeting the Cincy DB coach Vance Joseph as DC. Edited by YoloinOhio

Not sure I buy that...

@JayGlazer

Adam Gase was the Dolphins no 1 target BEFORE they even played their last game. Got their man

Could easily just be the difference between who Ross wanted and who Tannebaum wanted as the first choice. I don't really believe any Marrone rumors though.

i saw one reporter (josina Anderson I believe) say that some teams interview coaches simply as a favor to the agent as they have players repped by same guy. Makes a ton of sense.

Indeed, makes sense and why not? If they interview, build some relatively cheap goodwill with the agent. If they love the guy, they hire him. If they think he sucks, they can still tell the agent "thanks, we think he's a strong candidate, lot to like there, we just feel so and so is a better fit for what our organization needs right now, best of luck"

Edit: Freudian slip? Instead of "best" I initially typed "bust". My feelings on St Doug as a HC, I'm afraid my feelings on Rex Ryan as a coach too but would love to be shown wrong.

Marrone must have a great agent to be getting interviews and media buzz. I'd be shocked if he actually got hired to be a HC though.

He does indeed have a great agent.

Could easily just be the difference between who Ross wanted and who Tannebaum wanted as the first choice. I don't really believe any Marrone rumors though.

It could but the St. Doug PR machine is strong. It was the same thing last year when he didn't get the Jets job. "Yea but he was Woody Johnsons first choice."

I think it's a bit of a save face and put out by his agent. I doubt Tannenbaum would deny it.

I know that I'm one of the resident Marrone apologists, but I think this is a good read. Lots of parallels to the start of Coach Coughlin IMO.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/giants-tom-coughlin-tribute-coach/

From Strahan -

We all heard stories about how strict he was coming from Jacksonville. I don’t think too many of us were looking forward to playing for him when we found out he got the job. The issues I had with his coaching style early on were well-documented.

It all started from one big argument I got into with him. I think when we both laid it out there, it was clear that we both wanted to accomplish the same things. We were just coming at it from different perspectives. And from that point on, both our mentalities shifted. He stopped being hung up on whether our socks were too low or our cleats were the wrong color. And we stopped viewing him as a boss, and more like a father who just wanted what was best for us.

Sounds like Coughlin had a rep as a control freak and hard-ass, but at his second stop, he eventually mellowed out and compromised with his new team.