Marrone/Schwartz to Miami? Nope. Gase it is.

YoloinOhio

Why? I keep hearing this but I never understood the reason. You think that one game would of magically jump started EJ's careeer. You don't think the Bills brass honestly knew that EJ was going to be a bust at that point. If EJ would of played better he would of started last year but he got beat out by a journeyman QB that didn't even bother showing up for training camp.

Come on, Gordio, you're better than this. There was no reason not to start EJ other than St. Doug's desire to put up a "winning" record as he left town. The Bills' brass clearly hasn't given up on EJ -- at least as a backup -- and it made sense to give him the start in a meaningless game. It's not that it would have "jump started" his career, but it's one more opportunity for a young QB to play football and get better.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Come on, Gordio, you're better than this. There was no reason not to start EJ other than St. Doug's desire to put up a "winning" record as he left town. The Bills' brass clearly hasn't given up on EJ -- at least as a backup -- and it made sense to give him the start in a meaningless game. It's not that it would have "jump started" his career, but it's one more opportunity for a young QB to play football and get better.

i still wonder if Marrone didn't know that Orton was planning on retiring the next day. It was awfully abrupt.

@jasonlacanfora

The Fins will make a strong, strong push for Adam Gase I'm told. Been locked on him for a while. Will try to keep from getting back to PHI

Um ... Ok Lacanfora

@armandosalguero

Adam Gase will have to convince other people on Dolphins coach committee because he's not their personal fave at start of the process.

Edited by YoloinOhio

How guys like LaContorta keep their jobs is fascinating. In what other industry can you be right approximately 20% of the time and still be considered an "insider?"

it just shows how many of the national guys are tweeting info they are told to put out there by agents

Why anyone even pays attention to this stuff is beyond me. When it happens, we'll all know. I can wait.

im mostly interested in dolphins search due to being in division. Not as much the others, although Marrone watch is intriguing to me as a Bills fan.

im mostly interested in dolphins search due to being in division. Not as much the others, although Marrone watch is intriguing to me as a Bills fan.

Same for me. Hoping for Miami to make a dumb hire -- so naturally I'm praying they wind up with St. Doug.

Not to mention with all of the hand-wringing over Rex, it's interesting to see who other teams target, hire and how they do. The grass is always greener...

Once a quitter, always a quitter?

Never saw this mentioned before:

He once confessed to dropping out of high school following his junior year, only to re-enroll because of football opportunity. He admitted to contemplating transferring from SU after his junior season and playing one final campaign for West Virginia, Syracuse's bitter rival. He packed his bags and abandoned the Orangemen on the Monday prior to their 1985 season opener at Mississippi State, (being ruled "absent without reason" by school officials) before returning to the squad the next day.

There is a lot of "anyone other than Rex " going on....Rex has proven he can coach in the league....I think this off season will get us some players to run his defense effectively and buy into his system....

I don't want Rex gone, but how exactly is he proven? He has had 2 winning seasons in his career.