Does anyone else read the NYC coverage and throw up a bit?

Thanks GoBillsInDallas for doing the Opposing Team Coverage every week

But does anyone else read it and get a little sick to their stomach and throw up a bit in their mouth?

Not because it's trashy in any way or disrespectful of Rex or the Bills

Because they sound so...functional. Happy. Forward looking as well as happy about the season. Team like. The talk isn't FItz as the long-term answer, it's "Fitz is great because he's buying us time to develop Petty or another late round QB". There's a quote from Fitz that could be a gentle jab at how EJ was handled: “For young guys, there’s so much pressure right away,” Fitzpatrick told The News. “It’s not an easy position. You have all these guys who are losing their opportunities to play because they didn’t succeed right away when they were young. They had no chance. Even though they were playing, they had no chance to grow and no chance to be successful because of everyone around them.”

Because they were 5-5 at one point and are now 10-5 and able to control their own destiny as to the playoffs, and we were 5-5 at one point and should have been able to do the same - but we didn't, and now we're talking about who to cut and planning locker-clean-out day and the best that will happen if we beat the Jets is we'll still be cleaning out our lockers on Monday and wondering how to find our way out of this shitstorm, but even if the Jets lose they'll have a 10-6 winning season and a lot of chemistry to build on for next year.

Because it seems like we could have been them

There's a song that expresses this perfectly

I mean that's NYC. It's over the top all the time. If they lose to us tomorrow, they will want everyone fired and cut. Sort of like this board. :)

And Fitz is right. It's kinda pathetic the overreaction everyone has to Qbs. The hardest position in all of sports with the most pressure and people want to get rid of them at the first signs of struggle.

Fitz is a shining example of how you just never know with Qbs. In a perfect world, we had Manuel (or whatever rookie) learn under Fitz for a few seasons.

I mean that's NYC. It's over the top all the time. If they lose to us tomorrow, they will want everyone fired and cut. Sort of like this board. :)

And Fitz is right. It's kinda pathetic the overreaction everyone has to Qbs. The hardest position in all of sports with the most pressure and people want to get rid of them at the first signs of struggle.

Fitz is a shining example of how you just never know with Qbs. In a perfect world, we had Manuel (or whatever rookie) learn under Fitz for a few seasons.

So here's a question: do you want to see Manuel kicked to the curb?

PS actually, the reason I want to throw up a bit is that the coverage didn't strike me as over-the-top, unbalanced, giddy, dysfunctional the way NY media usually does. It struck me as balanced and reasonable. Then I felt sick. Maybe I have the sequence backwards, and I feel sick, therefore it struck me as balanced and reasonable?

Edited by Hopeful

Who is it that you want to die? Fitz? Rex?

btw, I had never heard of that performer before, but she is pretty awesome. Hot, cute and psycho.

The Bills had plans to sit EJ for a while, but injuries forced him to play before he was ready. The Jets had a similar plan with Geno, but when he crashed and burned, they went out and got Fitz. When it became obvious that EJ wasn't the guy, the Bills went out and got TT. I don't think that is the part of the plan that led to the Jets being better than the Bills this year.

Since the Bills have had such bad play on the defense, I would look there to see if that is how the Jets have succeeded where the Bills have failed. I would also assume that the Jets have a better O-Line than the Bills.

So here's a question: do you want to see Manuel kicked to the curb?

PS actually, the reason I want to throw up a bit is that the coverage didn't strike me as over-the-top, unbalanced, giddy, disfunctional. It struck me as balanced and reasonable. Then I felt sick. Maybe I have the sequence backwards, and I feel sick, therefore it struck me as balanced and reasonable?

I'm the wrong the person to ask because I guess I'm a Manuel homer haha.

Personally, I think fans completely overrate the backup qb market. Minus 5 minutes against the Jags, Manuel was at worst an average backup. This is the best offensive coaching he has had in his entire career.

That said, it maybe best for everyone to turn the page and let him start over somewhere. I won't be shocked if he was a late bloomer like Fitz but I'm probably LT the only one who thinks that haha.

He costs us the same if we cut him or keep him, actually. His salary of $1.6M is fully guaranteed.

I didn't know the number, but I knew it was not very high since it is still a rookie deal.

Either way, worth keeping. As a training camp body he is more capable than many others we'd get to use up. ...Jesse Palmer...?

btw, I had never heard of that performer before, but she is pretty awesome. Hot, cute and psycho.

The Bills had plans to sit EJ for a while, but injuries forced him to play before he was ready. The Jets had a similar plan with Geno, but when he crashed and burned, they went out and got Fitz. When it became obvious that EJ wasn't the guy, the Bills went out and got TT. I don't think that is the part of the plan that led to the Jets being better than the Bills this year.

Since the Bills have had such bad play on the defense, I would look there to see if that is how the Jets have succeeded where the Bills have failed. I would also assume that the Jets have a better O-Line than the Bills.

LOL! No one specifically, that just conveys my emotion with the situation. Gailey. Fitz. The Jets, for seemingly "getting their act together" and hiring Bowles, who is looking far more likely to be "Mr Right Coach" for them than Rex is looking for us right now. I want to kill the situation the Bills are in, I suppose.

Yeah, Storm Large (no joke). Hot cute and psycho, you nailed it.

I know the Bills had those plans, but I don't feel it took a genius to predict they were more likely to come to fruition with Fitz than with "German word for Made of Glass" Kolb, and they really didn't have a Plan B. What they should have done was what the Bills did this year: bring in the best 2nd tier Dark Horse FA sleeper they could find, a Chase Daniel/Case Keenum/Tyrod Taylor type. Bring in the best veteran they could find, which they kind of did with Kolb, except...that injury history. And then see what they had in EJ.

You can pick out individual players and say "better" on the Jets, but really what's better is the fact that they seem to be playing as a unit with everyone bought in, and a coach that is disciplined and willing to call players out when they goof too much.

LOL! No one specifically, that just conveys my emotion with the situation. Gailey. Fitz. The Jets, for seemingly "getting their act together" and hiring Bowles, who is looking far more likely to be "Mr Right Coach" for them than Rex is looking for us right now. I want to kill the situation the Bills are in, I suppose.

Yeah, Storm Large (no joke). Hot cute and psycho, you nailed it.

I know the Bills had those plans, but I don't feel it took a genius to predict they were more likely to come to fruition with Fitz than with "German word for Made of Glass" Kolb, and they really didn't have a Plan B. What they should have done was what the Bills did this year: bring in the best 2nd tier Dark Horse FA sleeper they could find, a Chase Daniel/Case Keenum/Tyrod Taylor type. Bring in the best veteran they could find, which they kind of did with Kolb, except...that injury history. And then see what they had in EJ.

You can pick out individual players and say "better" on the Jets, but really what's better is the fact that they seem to be playing as a unit with everyone bought in, and a coach that is disciplined and willing to call players out when they goof too much.

What I never got with Gailey here is why he didn't draft a qb earlier in the draft. It was the perfect situation for a young qb to develop under Fitz.

Besides his choice of DCs, this was his biggest failing. You should always have a development qb.

I'm the wrong the person to ask because I guess I'm a Manuel homer haha.

Personally, I think fans completely overrate the backup qb market. Minus 5 minutes against the Jags, Manuel was at worst an average backup. This is the best offensive coaching he has had in his entire career.

That said, it maybe best for everyone to turn the page and let him start over somewhere. I won't be shocked if he was a late bloomer like Fitz but I'm probably LT the only one who thinks that haha.

LOL "Homer" "Lover" or "Fanboy" is TBD talk for anyone who can see both positives and negatives in whatever player it's currently in fashion to hate here. When it was in fashion here to hate Fitz, I couldn't believe some of the stuff said to me just because I couldn't agree he was the worst QB in the league.

I agree, Manuel is at worst an average backup who had a horrible 5 minutes against the Jags. And, it's possible that the Jags may have had an edge in a coach who had a couple years to learn his tendencies and work against them.

What I see happening with EJ is the same ol same ol with Lynch, Fitz, now probably Mario: a player who wears out his welcome with the Bills and goes on to success elsewhere.

What I never got with Gailey here is why he didn't draft a qb earlier in the draft. It was the perfect situation for a young qb to develop under Fitz.

Besides his choice of DCs, this was his biggest failing. You should always have a development qb.

I could be wrong, CBiscuit, but didn't Gailey report to Nix when he was here? Nix seemed pretty much in control of personnel, and Gailey would say stuff like "it's my job to work with the players they give me". Now clearly that wasn't the be-all, end-all, because it seems highly likely Gailey influenced the draft choice of Spiller and of Graham.

But that's a nit - I don't understand why Nix didn't draft a young QB to develop under Fitz, whatever Gailey thought. We missed several opportunities (2011: Dalton, Kaepernick in the 2nd, Mallet in the 3rd. 2012: Russel Wilson or Kirk Cousins in the 3rd 2013: one of the QB who went later, Glennon maybe.)

LOL "Homer" "Lover" or "Fanboy" is TBD talk for anyone who can see both positives and negatives in whatever player it's currently in fashion to hate here. When it was in fashion here to hate Fitz, I couldn't believe some of the stuff said to me just because I couldn't agree he was the worst QB in the league.

I agree, Manuel is at worst an average backup who had a horrible 5 minutes against the Jags. And, it's possible that the Jags may have had an edge in a coach who had a couple years to learn his tendencies and work against them.

What I see happening with EJ is the same ol same ol with Lynch, Fitz, now probably Mario: a player who wears out his welcome with the Bills and goes on to success elsewhere.

I could be wrong, CBiscuit, but didn't Gailey report to Nix when he was here? Nix seemed pretty much in control of personnel, and Gailey would say stuff like "it's my job to work with the players they give me". Now clearly that wasn't the be-all, end-all, because it seems highly likely Gailey influenced the draft choice of Spiller and of Graham.

But that's a nit - I don't understand why Nix didn't draft a young QB to develop under Fitz, whatever Gailey thought. We missed several opportunities (2011: Dalton, Kaepernick in the 2nd, Mallet in the 3rd. 2012: Russel Wilson or Kirk Cousins in the 3rd 2013: one of the QB who went later, Glennon maybe.)

Great post Hopeful. The Pats spend 2nd round picks on Qbs and have Brady. With Qbs, you should assume failure because most will fail. That's why you need to give yourself as many chances as possible to hit on one.

I would argue that Tyrod Taylor has been developed better than Manuel.

Except Tanny?

Great post Hopeful. The Pats spend 2nd round picks on Qbs and have Brady. With Qbs, you should assume failure because most will fail. That's why you need to give yourself as many chances as possible to hit on one.

One of the oddest things to me was that Nix was quoted multiple times as saying something to the effect of "If you wait until you do not have a quarterback to draft one, you’re too late."

And yet he never would pull the trigger (except for Levi Brown in the "next stop UDFA" rounds) until just before he stepped down.

Why? Given the negativity tossed at Whaley over the EJ Manuel pick, was it fear of failure, better to refrain from trying than swing and be seen to miss?

Because you're exactly right, after the first round the success rate for QB in the NFL is something like 20-30% and they can take several years to develop. So a team needs to take their best shot on a regular basis.

The jets have a better coach. And yes their s is really good

Better now without Rex.