Did we overlook these comments by Dareus?

No man, I read a lot of the topics and a lot of your posts and your just wrong a lot.

what does that have to do with what I just posted?

And guess what....when your off the kiddie table at 200 posts and you have 19K like I do? Your gonna be wrong sometimes.

Now go get your juicebox kid

Edited by John from Hemet

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I actually can take it and dont care what people think of my postings

but I am pretty sure that calling someone out specifically on this forum is against TOS......yet is getting overlooked by the mods?

I believe it's constructive.

Edited by FireChan

So...I'm guessing I'm not the only one who is well beyond concerned that keeping Rex means this may get a lot worse before it gets better...

Again... B-)

To be perfectly honest I was torn at the time......I thought that a team of H. Jackson and keeping Schwartz (if possible) had some real possiblities and said as much

But not in my wildest nightmares did i think a Defensive coach with the success Rex has had AS a defensive coach would turn out to be such a disaster for a top 5 ranked defense.......I honestly thought there was no way he would screw that up.

Then he brought in Roman.....who had playoff and super bowl experience as a OC.....

No way did I think it was gonna end up like this

Just think we should always #StayHumble.

Yes...you should def check yourself.......because you dont follow that rule

you coach what you know...what you trust...what has a 15 year track record of success. THAT is what you do-

two new schemes one on each side of the ball unfortunately it rarely meshes in a year, then throw in the injuries like no other......they will be good next year this isnt back to back seasons of 2-14 its 9-7 and (8-8 maybe) they aren't far away...keep grinding. OR cry your choice

perfect......should I start pulling up your posts and start checking over the "quality"?

No....I wont do that....because its a bull **** move to do it in the first place

Alright buddy relax, I just called you out because you owned being wrong and then quickly deviated to asking the all high and mighty whether it was ok to target your inaccuracies. It was comical. No hard feelings.

Alright buddy relax, I just called you out because you owned being wrong and then quickly deviated to asking the all high and mighty whether it was ok to target your inaccuracies. It was comical. No hard feelings.

Im wrong sometimes

At least I own it.....you have some people on here who try to make like they have NEVER been wrong on a player or situation with this team....then pull up previous threads and make fun of them

We could ALL do that.......including the posters acting like TBD lawyers who think admitting they were wrong on something would forever hurt their credibility.

People have opinions....sometimes those opinions are wrong.

To be perfectly honest I was torn at the time......I thought that a team of H. Jackson and keeping Schwartz (if possible) had some real possiblities and said as much

But not in my wildest nightmares did i think a Defensive coach with the success Rex has had AS a defensive coach would turn out to be such a disaster for a top 5 ranked defense.......I honestly thought there was no way he would screw that up.

Agreed...I was right there too...As completely naive as it may have been I honestly thought Rex would sell Schwartz on coming back when he was hired...

I have to say though that the minute I heard Schwartz would not return i was a bit concerned...But even then, like you, I thought there was no way Rex could screw it up as bad as he did...The thought never crossed my mind...Until week #2 that is...Then the thought hit me like a sledgehammer to the temple... B-)

Good take.

Not that many people doing the usual shout down of a negative take......but John from Hemet was in there criticizing the messenger again. :lol:

Isn't it against forum rules to call out other posters?

I cringed when I read these back then. A good coach has a million systems he can use based on his personnel. I was disappointed to see that our coach was not able to take advantage of our almost $250 million DL. It's too bad.

And that's what is completely frustrating. We had the best pass rushing d line in the NFL. It was a huge strength. We didn't need to blitz to get pressure. Almost every team in the NFL would want that. So we decide to just have these guys occupy blockers and space?

I'd be pissed too if I was Dareus and Mario. When are cos he's going to fit their systems to the players? So frustrating.

I wish it was just the pass rush which makes the discipline angle false also. He didn't ask players to be more disciplined and play more technical because they didn't.

In 2014 we were 4th in yds against - 4th in points - 11th against the run - 3rd against the pass - 30 takeaways (6th in differential w/ 23 giveaways)

In 2015 we are 20th in yds against - 16th in points - 15th against the run - 23rd against the pass - 22 takeaways (10th in differential w / 18 giveaways)

Schwartz had this team disciplined in every area of the defense and if he had only 18 giveaways he would have had us tied for 3rd in 2014. My point is our pass rush obviously helped with the other passing stats - but even with Rex's so called stay in your lane philosophy it didn't work because we got ran on then the pass just opened up. I think everyone would agree that Darby and Gilmore saved Rex from being in the high 20's in every statistical category.

There's all this talk about Rex having proved himself but so did our defensive players. They were both proven and he couldn't make it work. Rex has proven he's a players coach and we have loyal players - Rex couldn't make it work. I'm not saying he can't figure some things out but he is absolutely the one to blame imo. No one likes when players start speaking out especially to the extent Mario did and with the lost comments from Dareus as this thread brings up - but clearly they were upset. If it was Hughes and Dareus' contract years they would have gotten totally screwed. Mario probably figured I'm going to get cut because my numbers aren't there so I'm speaking out. I would bet whoever the anonymous person that spoke out about Mario isn't a player on the D line from last year - and I'd also bet most support his comments anonymously. The defensive players from last year must be pissed as every one of their resume's except maybe Gilmore were damaged.

Edited by Triple Threat

you coach what you know...what you trust...what has a 15 year track record of success. THAT is what you do-

two new schemes one on each side of the ball unfortunately it rarely meshes in a year, then throw in the injuries like no other......they will be good next year this isnt back to back seasons of 2-14 its 9-7 and (8-8 maybe) they aren't far away...keep grinding. OR cry your choice

" they will be good next year " This d will not be good next year. This d has to be rebuilt to match Rex. In Rex' d our lb are no good, our d line has been relegated to trying to trick the oline instead of attacking. Pretty sure none of the dline wants to play in this scheme. Mario is the only one to complain out loud cuz he was gone whether he did well or not. Too much $ for a d tackle in rex' scheme. Rex is a clown. I wish he and Thurmond would just leave. Gonna be at least 2 more yrs for the rebuild and I have no faith this clown can lead us to the playoffs.

What's ironic is that Rex's defense appears to be premised on disciplined execution of your role.

that's how Belichicks been doing it all these years... seems to work for them... :) just guys "doing their job" in their system. in this era of unrestricted free agency, you need to be able to plug guys in on defense and still be successful, which means defenses based on big $$ mega stars probably can't work over the long haul bc you can't keep the stars together for more than a year or two...

actually Rex probably has it right, as the mega stars will thin out and he will build it more like the Pats "role player" style of defense...Pats let guys go b4 they decline (think of Revis) they just plug other guys into the system. then we can spend our $$ on the offensive side of the ball where the league and the rules are so biased right now... this is one way to look at it... Rex and Whaley are just building it different than others would..

I'm good with it.. the on field communication needs to get integrated tho, as Schwartz was more of a high school "just let em go" kind of approach with no real communication. fans resonate more with that sort of 'high school' approach as its easy to understand and watch... Rex's defenses require fast communication and confuse both the fans and (hopefully) the opposition. exotic blitzs will frustrate the heck out of and will get to statue QBs like Flacco, Brady , Ben , Palmer , Foles and others we will face next year.. I am optimistic. Yeah, Rex is a blowhard, but hey, Jauron was a corpse, Williams was a pirate, Gailey was strictly an OC, and Mularkey was just in over his head... on balance, Rex will do.

Hey Pegs blew it all up last year, he's to blame if anyone is... of course he saved the team as well... um....

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

Reminds me of Grego destroying our 3rd ranked Wade Philips D for his 43 and we promptly went 3-13. So all this playoff draught is really Greg Williams fault.

This precedent isn't brought up nearly enough. The 2000 Bills had two excellent defensive tackles (Ted Williams and Pat Williams) with an effective pair of ends (Phil Hansen and Marcellus Willey). Gregg Williams, defensive genius a la Rex, walked in and blew it all up, and a team that had been one play away from the conference championship two years before never recovered. It's always the same story: scheme before players, even if the scheme is excellent already for the players.

Worst case scenario for next year: mediocrity--"Hey, a few bounces and we would've made the playoffs!"-- meaning Rex gets still another year to bumble on, a la Gregg Williams.

You know I actually can take it and dont care what people think of my postings

but I am pretty sure that calling someone out specifically on this forum is against TOS......yet is getting overlooked by the mods?

It's not about calling someone out for being wrong--everyone who posts here frequently (and actually has a take) is going to be wrong on occasion. It's about calling people out for shouting down someone for expressing what turned out to be a remarkably prescient take. This isn't the first time it's happened. It's called accountability. If it's against the rules here, it shouldn't be.