2016 Draft LS thread

boyst

51. Drops mic..

:w00t:

I already knew the pirate part so no need to say arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. I don't get the rest.

yify, to put it best... i can't explain, so they will...

They steal them from the scene. The Scene have people working in printing warehouses and other production plants where the blu-rays are prepared weeks before they are shipped to stores. These people get a hold of early copies that are binned for bad printing and other stuff. The disc and the media on it are fine but the printing isn't good so it's binned. The people working in the scene steal it from the bin and upload the full BD25/BD50 (untouched blu-ray with DRM removed) for the scene group they're part of to make an encode out of. Once this encode is out YIFY download it and transcode using ****ty settings to get the file size down. YIFY like to pretend they're underground "YIFY doesn’t reveal specific sources but says it mostly relies on “leaked Blu-ray disks from friends.” but really they just steal from the scene.

So, there are 4 major types of pirating in the video industry.

1) broadcast live sports/events/tv to the internet - like an NFL game

2) ripping tv shows to download - like an episode of The Honeymooners

3) using a camcorder to film a newly released movie and putting it on the net - like the Howard The Duck

4) ripping directly from a Blu-Ray disc or physical device and uploading it to the internet

4 - This has been done with the movie Hateful Eight. It has been done with other movies like The Wolverine and Super 8. These are stolen screeners usually sent to celebs and execs.

-or-

when the Blu-Rays are being printed for sale at stores a copy is taken and released to the internet weeks before its available in a store. This happens a lot with certain movies - being they are released internationally on blu-ray or dvd before they are released in the US domestically.

the same goes for films. major films can be watched weeks ahead of domestic release through bootleg filming at a movie theatre. Avatar was an example of this.

:w00t:

yify, to put it best... i can't explain, so they will...

So, there are 4 major types of pirating in the video industry.

1) broadcast live sports/events/tv to the internet - like an NFL game

2) ripping tv shows to download - like an episode of The Honeymooners

3) using a camcorder to film a newly released movie and putting it on the net - like the Howard The Duck

4) ripping directly from a Blu-Ray disc or physical device and uploading it to the internet

4 - This has been done with the movie Hateful Eight. It has been done with other movies like The Wolverine and Super 8. These are stolen screeners usually sent to celebs and execs.

-or-

when the Blu-Rays are being printed for sale at stores a copy is taken and released to the internet weeks before its available in a store. This happens a lot with certain movies - being they are released internationally on blu-ray or dvd before they are released in the US domestically.

the same goes for films. major films can be watched weeks ahead of domestic release through bootleg filming at a movie theatre. Avatar was an example of this.

why would I pirate a term? Is the thread's title misleading? Should it be shut down?

I don't profess to be the sharpest horse in the bush & modern appliances do confuse me, but, I just don't get this. I'm not sure if my microwave is mocking me or if it's got a loose screw. Maybe it a riddle, I'm just not sure. Have any of you ever seen something like this? If the microwave isn't making fun of me what is it trying to tell me?

Here's the message that periodically appears: "The door is a jar."

I don't profess to be the sharpest horse in the bush & modern appliances do confuse me, but, I just don't get this. I'm not sure if my microwave is mocking me or if it's got a loose screw. Maybe it a riddle, I'm just not sure. Have any of you ever seen something like this? If the microwave isn't making fun of me what is it trying to tell me?

A jar of what? Pickle juice perhaps?

I don't think this post contributes to the overall theme of the thread. Whether this post contributes to the conversation is secondary. If I was the OP I'd report this to mods.