Trade Targets

The Bills were extremely active in the trade market the last few years (by NFL standards). Who is a possible trade target for the Bills and what do you see them giving up? I'll throw one out Robert Woods for Brian Orakpo. The thought is that Chip Kelly gets the Titans job and you know that he is high on Woods. The Bills are going to be looking for an upgrade at the 2nd WR and can get that OLB to play opposite Hughes.

Again, not likely but not too crazy. The Bills have been active and I would expect at least a couple of trades.

*Probably should have put the word hypothetical before the topic.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Not a bad thought and this is a GREAT thread topic, but the Titans have a bunch of good young WRs that just need to be coached up. I just don't see where Woods fits into a WR corps that already has Kendall Wright, Dorial Green-Beckham, Harry Douglas and Justin Hunter... that said, you're right that Tennessee has a great front seven and might be able to deal someone from that group...

How about a linebacker? We desperately need a linebacker, or six.

Also, and unrelated, where do we think Matt Forte ends up? Jets? Patriots? Saints?

And as I said elsewhere, the Bills should take the cap savings from cutting Mario and give it to Calvin Johnson. With Johnson and Watkins on the outside, plus McCoy and Clay, they'd be impossible to stop.

Not a bad thought and this is a GREAT thread topic, but the Titans have a bunch of good young WRs that just need to be coached up. I just don't see where Woods fits into a WR corps that already has Kendall Wright, Dorial Green-Beckham, Harry Douglas and Justin Hunter... that said, you're right that Tennessee has a great front seven and might be able to deal someone from that group...

Also, and unrelated, where do we think Matt Forte ends up? Jets? Patriots? Saints?

And as I said elsewhere, the Bills should take the cap savings from cutting Mario and give it to Calvin Johnson. With Johnson and Watkins on the outside, plus McCoy and Clay, they'd be impossible to stop.

Forte: Patriots, Chargers, Packers or Cardinals.

i could see forte ending up in tenn. They have a bunch of cap room and need a rb and rec threat for marcus. His 1400 all purpose yards would have been more than all their rbs combined I think. They need a tackle to keep marcus and maybe they go after russell okung and could draft treadwell to really upgrade their offense. Not treadwell at one but if they trade back in the top ten. If they sign chip kelly you can bet they go big and try and make some noise in that garbage division.

Edited by aristocrat

Since they are committed to Rex, after cutting Mario, I believe they should shop Dareus, for picks or players, unload Kyle and extend Lawson. Let bradham walk, Then put all effort into getting at least one or two stud MLBs. Then draft or pick up a free agent a prototypical SS and 2-3 big body space eaters for the d line. Finally find another deep threat, ginn type or so to keep the coverage over the top from cheating to Sammys side.

Along the same lines as the CJ thought,An interesting add might be anquan bolden if the niners make him a cap casualty. Was great for Roman in the past, tough as nails, great run blocker.

Since they are committed to Rex, after cutting Mario, I believe they should shop Dareus, for picks or players, unload Kyle and extend Lawson. Let bradham walk, Then put all effort into getting at least one or two stud MLBs. Then draft or pick up a free agent a prototypical SS and 2-3 big body space eaters for the d line. Finally find another deep threat, ginn type or so to keep the coverage over the top from cheating to Sammys side.

Along the same lines as the CJ thought,An interesting add might be anquan bolden if the niners make him a cap casualty. Was great for Roman in the past, tough as nails, great run blocker.

I couldn't disagree more with your thoughts on the DL.

First off, Dareus won't be traded. And Kyle can't be lost because of his leadership and experience. But I'll play along and say that they do get rid of both those guys...you want to replace them with "space eaters"? For what, so we could be even more inefficient at rushing the passer? I just don't see Rex wanting a Vince Wilfork type player.

I could see an EJ trade for some LB depth, but not anything that is considered a big splash. Four possibilities I see of teams that may kick the tires on EJ, and could offer a MLB who could come in and provide depth at the position for us;

Houston - Akeem Dent

Dallas - Andrew Cachkar

St. Louis - Jame Laurinaitis (this would be a stretch, and Bills would likely need to throw in another player or cash)

Philadelphia - Kiko Alonso (Not at all likely, but how cool would this be, as it would essentially mean we got McCoy for EJ and a one year loan on Kiko?)

Or, perhaps we look for some safety help/depth. Focusing on QB needy teams (again, going out on a limb and assuming we could get anything at all for EJ), San Francisco could be a likely partner. Jimmie Ward is a former first round pick who has not done much for SF. Perhaps they would be interested in a guy like EJ to add another name to a QB competition in training camp, and while Ward is a former high pick, it is not like they are giving up much on-field production by trading him.

Maybe so, your thoughts make sense. I wonder if the Bills would consider trading Karlos? IMO the numbers are better than the player. He is a one cut guy.

I couldn't disagree more with your thoughts on the DL.

First off, Dareus won't be traded. And Kyle can't be lost because of his leadership and experience. But I'll play along and say that they do get rid of both those guys...you want to replace them with "space eaters"? For what, so we could be even more inefficient at rushing the passer? I just don't see Rex wanting a Vince Wilfork type player.

So it's important to state I like Dareus and Kyle a lot, they just aren't the right guys for the Rex system. A loaded front 4 with 3 technique tackles and thumper lbs cleaning up the middle was how this d was built. Rex's system doesn't want the interior linemen penetrating, he wants them controlling gaps so the linebackers can pursue. What it means is not only are Kyle and Dareus poor fitsfor the scheme, their quick penetration and disruptive capability would be a huge asset to the right defense elsewhere while marginalized by this scheme.

For a Rex front you need a big fat immovable object in front of the center. And possibly 2 more at end to boot. Then an all pro middle linebacker or two and some decent OLB talent that can cover. Outside of Lawson and Hughes at OLB I think they need to retool the rest to put the money I the right place.

Again this is all contingent upon Rex refusing to scheme to the personnel. But I think that's a done deal.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Clowney coming off microfracture surgery, his attitude, lack of production, overvalued no thanks. Mercilus would be solid to see at the right price

He is 2 years removed from micro fracture surgery. His attitude and injury history are exactly WHY he may be available. Mercilus has contributed 12 sacks across from Watt this year. Maybe they think that they are fine with him there and use Clowney to upgrade the offense? Just a thought...

He is 2 years removed from micro fracture surgery. His attitude and injury history are exactly WHY he may be available. Mercilus has contributed 12 sacks across from Watt this year. Maybe they think that they are fine with him there and use Clowney to upgrade the offense? Just a thought...

I'll bite.

Let's say they do shop Clowney, which I doubt they will. But what the hell, right? What would you be willing to give up, what would they be willing to take? I couldn't sacrifice picks for him. Clay? Sammy? Idk man

Maybe so, your thoughts make sense. I wonder if the Bills would consider trading Karlos? IMO the numbers are better than the player. He is a one cut guy.

Was thinking the same thing, I think we could get somebody decent for him, maybe Kiko??

I'll bite.

Let's say they do shop Clowney, which I doubt they will. But what the hell, right? What would you be willing to give up, what would they be willing to take? I couldn't sacrifice picks for him. Clay? Sammy? Idk man

No!! Karlos and a 3rd? It depends on what happens here. Apparently Clowney threw a fit before the game. Maybe they decide that they want him out like the Eagles did with Desean Jackson? Edited by Kirby Jackson