David Shaw

MattM

If Rex flames out next year, I wonder what it might take to pry Stanford's HC David Shaw out of Palo Alto. He's done a great job there, first for Harbaugh and then as HC the last few years. Would love to see the Bills take a look at him if (when?) Rex doesn't work out.....

I don't think he wants to go anywhere. Either that or he's great at keeping it under wraps, because even off the cuff and away from reporters he indicates he wants to be at Stanford for a long time.

What? When he could be the HC of the Browns? Or Dolphins?

If Rex flames out next year, I wonder what it might take to pry Stanford's HC David Shaw out of Palo Alto. He's done a great job there, first for Harbaugh and then as HC the last few years. Would love to see the Bills take a look at him if (when?) Rex doesn't work out.....

He's a great NFL HC candidate, but I think he's smart enough to know that Stanford is both a tremendous fit for him and a rare situation. I doubt he goes anywhere for a long time.

I've been saying the same thing for two years.

Edited by BarleyNY

I think most college head coaches are a lot like US Senators, instead of each of them seeing themselves as President some day, the coaches see themselves as some day winning a Super Bowl. Good for Shaw if he's that rare college HC who doesn't want to become a pro coach. Too bad for us, but good for him. Between the location and the school/atmosphere, can't imagine too many better places to coach or live.