Rochester Cancels New Years Fireworks Due Terror Threat

boyst

For NYC residents, anything north of Westchester County is simply undiscovered territory populated by uneducated savages.

I used to work with a guy that grew up on Long Island. He said for them, anything above the Tappen Zee was considered to be Canada.

Including NYC. When I was in college, the NYT did a survey. Most people in NYC couldn't find Buffalo on a map of New York. The majority put it north of Plattsburg, on the basis of "Well, it's near Canada, right?"

For NYC residents, anything north of Westchester County is simply undiscovered territory populated by uneducated savages.

So, they pretty much nailed it. :w00t:

I used to work with a guy that grew up on Long Island. He said for them, anything above the Tappen Zee was considered to be Canada.

Years ago, while I was living in NC, I was driving to Rochester with a friend who was a native of NC. Shortly after we crossed the NYS border, he asked how much longer before we got to New York. The conversation literally was this:

Him: How much longer until we cross the state line?

Me: We crossed it 20 minutes ago.

Him: We're in New York?

Me: Yes.

Him: Where are all the buildings?

Years ago, while I was living in NC, I was driving to Rochester with a friend who was a native of NC. Shortly after we crossed the NYS border, he asked how much longer before we got to New York. The conversation literally was this:

Him: How much longer until we cross the state line?

Me: We crossed it 20 minutes ago.

Him: We're in New York?

Me: Yes.

Him: Where are all the buildings?

Back when I was living in Buffalo, a group of tourists asked me for directions to the Statue of Liberty.

My answer was something along the lines of "Get on the New York State Thruway, drive six hours, and ask someone else."