Rochester Cancels New Years Fireworks Due Terror Threat

boyst

http://abcnews.go.com/US/feds-thwart-alleged-years-eve-plot-inspired-isis/story?id=36030872

The FBI has arrested a man it says was planning to launch an ISIS-inspired attack on New Year's Eve in upstate New York.

Federal authorities accuse Emanuel Lutchman, 25, of plotting to attack revelers inside a restaurant-bar in Rochester. He has been charged with attempting to provide material support to ISIS.

Well that would not be politically correct

That would also not be due process, which in one thing that makes this country what it is. Do away with it and you are lowering yourself to their level.
You are fighting an enemy that doesn't wear a uniform and hides among civilian populations. What does the good Colonel recommend? A nuke strike? There's being a kitty and there's not being stupid.

Time to start charging these clowns with treason and lynching them.

Well that would not be politically correct

That would also not be due process

To be fair he did at least say to charge them

What does the good Colonel recommend?

11 herbs and spices?

And before anybody goes all racial and sh*t, let's be clear her. Tso outranks Sanders

It's a sad thing when this cannot remain in OTW. That it had to become political.

Instead of focusing on the simple fact of News or the pleasure that a plot was foiled we instead rip apart our own machine and blame ourselves.

sad. sad. sad.

Time to start charging these clowns with treason and lynching them.

That would also not be due process, which in one thing that makes this country what it is. Do away with it and you are lowering yourself to their level.

You are fighting an enemy that doesn't wear a uniform and hides among civilian populations. What does the good Colonel recommend? A nuke strike? There's being a kitty and there's not being stupid.

We're woefully inept at countering their efforts in online media. That has to change. We always excel in preparing for the last war. Frankly, I think the US needs to put stronger anti-terrorist laws on the books, and execution is an apt penalty upon completion of due legal process, IMHO.

This enemy reminds me of the fanatical Japanese in WWII. They would rather die blowing themselves up and taking Americans out with them, than surrender. We as a nation don't have the stomach these days to fight the kind of war we fought in the Pacific in WWII. The Japanese thought we would sue for peace in the face of their fanaticism. They were wrong. But that was a different time. We're a different nation now, and resolve is measured in days not years. We lost more men wrestling Iwo Jima from the Japanese in a two month battle than we lost in Iraq and Afghanistan combined. We still have troops in Japan and Germany 70 + years after the conclusion of WWII. We couldn't stay in Iraq for two years following the defeat of Iraq, and that's part of the difference.

It's a sad thing when this cannot remain in OTW. That it had to become political.

Instead of focusing on the simple fact of News or the pleasure that a plot was foiled we instead rip apart our own machine and blame ourselves.

sad. sad. sad.

At least it wasn't blown up, like threads I have started or contributed to heavily. That sucks.

why are reports coming out that this was targetting nyc? or is that media sensationalism and spin?

Some media person had to look Rochester up on a map and saw it was in New York state. To the media folks, New York is NYC and Albany

Rochester is just flyover country to them.

why are reports coming out that this was targetting nyc? or is that media sensationalism and spin?

The article I say labeled the target as simply "new York" and obviously everyone else in the country who doesn't have connections to western/ upstate by just thinks that anything new York = NYC

The article I say labeled the target as simply "new York" and obviously everyone else in the country who doesn't have connections to western/ upstate by just thinks that anything new York = NYC

Including NYC. When I was in college, the NYT did a survey. Most people in NYC couldn't find Buffalo on a map of New York. The majority put it north of Plattsburg, on the basis of "Well, it's near Canada, right?"

For NYC residents, anything north of Westchester County is simply undiscovered territory populated by uneducated savages.

Forget anybody from California. I would tell colleagues and clients - look, you're in LA. We're as far away from NYC, as you are from SF

Oh, got it!

Next time - I say I went to the Sabres game last night. Oh, do they play at Madison Square Garden?

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: