Looks like we'll have to draft a WR #2

Bills certainly need a #2 WR but I would prioritize OL first regarding the offense. It doesn't sound like Whaley is going to be very active in the FA market so it's going to have to be via the draft. I'd be looking at LB, OL and QB in the first three rounds in some order.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need one that can get open so that our star WR isn't double (and tripled) on big passing plays. A #2 WR is a big need on this team. It isn't as much about their receiving numbers as it is the way that teams have to defend the Bills.

And be able to stay healthy, to state the obvious.

And be able to stay healthy, to state the obvious.

That is a good point too. The Bills had their number 2 in Harvin but he is a huge is (and was) a huge injury risk. Sure enough, he missed a ton of time and the Bills were basically left with a #1, #3 and #4. They lost a really good TE (who also has injury history) and were left with #3 & #4 type TEs. It is too easy to defend.

That is a good point too. The Bills had their number 2 in Harvin but he is a huge is (and was) a huge injury risk. Sure enough, he missed a ton of time and the Bills were basically left with a #1, #3 and #4. They lost a really good TE (who also has injury history) and were left with #3 & #4 type TEs. It is too easy to defend.

Yup. I will beat my dead horse in that Bills season was toast once Harvin was lost.

I think Robert Woods can be a solid #2. I don't know what happened to him this year besides not having chemistry with Taylor.

10000% unfounded speculation:

Was he a steroid-crazed madman who went off the juice this year?

I think he's a solid #2 as well. This was just an off year for him with a different role (more of a blocking WR) in a new offense. I think he'll take the #2 spot back next year. Needs to be used better. Biggest needs are LB's who can execute Rex's system, and more help on the O-Line.

Edited by BmarvB

The Bills' offense desperately needs a deep threat across from Watkins. It honestly might be their biggest single priority (although I'd probably put the collective OL ahead of it). Sanu or Benjamin would be FA possibilities if they make it.

As for Gordon, Cleveland won't be letting him go and he's looking for a big payday as soon as he can get it. He's in debt to his agent already.

I think Sanu would be a good FA get, but I think he would really like Roman's scheme as it would maximize his versatile skill set. The guy is a more than capable #2 WR (IMO), but also can line up all over the field for screens/designed runs as you stated. Hell, he can even throw the ball every once in a while. Good blocker too. Roman would love him.

poor mans harvin.

marvin jones is robert woods doppleganger.

We need one that can get open so that our star WR isn't double (and tripled) on big passing plays. A #2 WR is a big need on this team. It isn't as much about their receiving numbers as it is the way that teams have to defend the Bills.

Percy Harvin! UGhhhh No!