Whither Snap-Back....?

Since we were assured that the recent agreement with Iran included snap-back responses to violations, I'm sure we'll soon see a strong response to the two recent egregious taunts/threats by Iran. POTUS may select from a range of possible responses including the always-feared line in the sand option.

On the other hand, Iran has sent some processed uranium to Russia in keeping with a specific tenet of the agreement that they send "some" uranium to Russia.

Do we know how to nail down an agreement or what...? All hail John Larry...er, Merry...oh well, you know who I mean; the foreign affairs toadie.

Link

The denial came a day after Cmdr. Kyle Raines, a U.S. Central Command spokesman, said Guard vessels fired several unguided rockets about 1,370 meters (1,500 yards) from USS Harry S. Truman aircraft carrier and other Western warships and commercial traffic last Saturday. The firing came after Iranians announced over maritime radio 23 minutes earlier that they'd be carrying out a live fire exercise, according to Raines.

I'm guessing that there will be a different kind of firing, or perhaps an "unrelated" reassignment delivered by the administration to Cmdr. Raines.

Just a guess

Since we were assured that the recent agreement with Iran included snap-back responses to violations, I'm sure we'll soon see a strong response to the two recent egregious taunts/threats by Iran. POTUS may select from a range of possible responses including the always-feared line in the sand option.

On the other hand, Iran has sent some processed uranium to Russia in keeping with a specific tenet of the agreement that they send "some" uranium to Russia.

Do we know how to nail down an agreement or what...? All hail John Larry...er, Merry...oh well, you know who I mean; the foreign affairs toadie.

I think people don't give Obama enough credit for keeping his word. He campaigned in '08 that he would be willing to sit down with the Iranians. Now he can check off that box.

Link

I'm guessing that there will be a different kind of firing, or perhaps an "unrelated" reassignment delivered by the administration to Cmdr. Raines.

Just a guess

Doubtful. As a spokesman and a mere Commander, he's not senior enough. They need to find a captain to pin this on.

Doubtful. As a spokesman and a mere Commander, he's not senior enough. They need to find a captain to pin this on.

He said something that made the President and the SoS....pictured below....look bad. Bye.

doormat.jpg?t=1431968969

Also I'd like to ask the OP to change the title. If I don't realize I'm in PPP and read it to quickly it makes me think Donte is coming back.

He said something that made the President and the SoS....pictured below....look bad. Bye.

doormat.jpg?t=1431968969

Also I'd like to ask the OP to change the title. If I don't realize I'm in PPP and read it to quickly it makes me think Donte is coming back.

He's an O-5. No one gives a **** what an O-5 says. Particularly an O-5 that's keeping an O-6's chair warm over the holidays.

He's an O-5. No one gives a **** what an O-5 says. Particularly an O-5 that's keeping an O-6's chair warm over the holidays.

I'm thinking Obama and not a doormat would prefer that the knowledge of Iranians firing rockets at us be unknown. Whatever his rank, his career path just got tougher.

I'm thinking Obama and not a doormat would prefer that the knowledge of Iranians firing rockets at us be unknown. Whatever his rank, his career path just got tougher.

The Iranians didn't fire rockets "at us." If they had, the Iranian Navy would be at the bottom of the ocean, just like in 1988.

The Iranians didn't fire rockets "at us." If they had, the Iranian Navy would be at the bottom of the ocean, just like in 1988.

I stand corrected JTSP. Keep splitting hairs. I misunderstood because they were Farsi rockets and hard to understand. I'm sure their intention was to say "Happy New Year". And how much would it cost to drag a sunken boat all the way to the ocean like that?

Edited by 4merper4mer

I stand corrected JTSP. Keep splitting hairs. I misunderstood because they were Farsi rockets and hard to understand. I'm sure their intention was to say "Happy New Year". And how much would it coast to drag a sunken boat all the way to the ocean like that?

The difference between shooting at someone and not shooting at someone is not "splitting hairs."