Twilight Zone Marathon

boyst

Be more specific, Burgess Meredith was in four episodes

see below

The Invaders

The 7th is made up of Phantoms

I enjoy the 7th is made of phantoms. perhaps you'd also enjoy the one "100 yards over the rim," as well.

I love the Twilight Zone! A few favorites are the Shatner one, the Burgess Meredith one, the beauty one, how to serve man....

He was in Time Enough, At Last. Where he gets all the time in the world to read books but breaks his glasses.

The Obsolete Man, a dark episode of a world without religion and such and is deemed obsolete so he gets to choose his own death tricking a man in to joining him and becoming obsolete.

The Printers Devil, where he a newspaper jockey and makes a deal with the devil.

Mr Dingle the strong man - where he gains massive strength from aliens.

The Twilight Zone was still an active series when I was a little kid, and I have the whole series on DVD. My favorites are 'One For The Angels' (Ed Wynn as Mr Bookman, a street peddler that saves a little girl's life by distracting Death with his salesmanship skills) and 'The Changing Of The Guard' (Donald Pleasence as a teacher at a young men's preparatory school who is saved from suicide by the spirits of former students whom he had inspired to do right by sacrificing themselves in noble acts as adults). I love the entire series, and can cite nearly every single one of them, but those two in particular are favorites because of their poignancy.

It begins!

Playing them in order this year, I do not remember them doing it last year. Burgess Meredith played great roles.

Whats your favorite?

I love the Burgess Meredith in which he's the bibliophile.

I also like the one in which Buddy Ebsen is the gambling addict.

So many great ones to choose from. What channel is Syfy on TWC?

I love the Burgess Meredith in which he's the bibliophile.

I also like the one in which Buddy Ebsen is the gambling addict.

So many great ones to choose from. What channel is Syfy on TWC?

53 if you have the queensbury twc

that's a great episode. great ending with the guy getting nothing.

Edited by Boyst62

the episodes airing now were shot by videotape and transferred to 16mm. they look awful and have no depth.

How about the one where the little girl went under her bed and fell into the 5th dimension. That's a fun episode.

the sounds to that and the dog drove me nuts.

I think The Obsolete Man is the best ........................Rod really lets loose.

images2.jpg

a7d0vm-0mp-hoxtzfjkysoucaipk3qedjlt0poiu

After that I guess I would go with........"A Game of Pool" or "Death's-head Revisited"

Game of pool, great moral.

obsolete man is terrific.

death's head is terrifying to think of the reality that some faced returning.

Down here in Norfolk there's small peninsula called Willoughby Spit. Every time I drive by and see the sign, in the back of my mind I can hear that train conductor:

Next stop Willougby...

That's a good one too. "He just stepped right off the train...."