States where people moved to/from over the past 12 months

One third of the states are "outliers?" Stop sniffing glue. You have any other evidence to support your ideologically crafted theory?

The map kind of supports the theory that older rust belt Americans are moving to the south. But that wouldn't support your partisan beliefs, huh? Now California would be an outliner there, but, of course, its also attracting immigrants and actually saw a population increase.

Are you looking at the same map as everyone else? California LOST population.

NY IL CT CA NJ MI have some of the highest taxes in the country, they all lost population.

NY IL CT CA NJ MI have some of the highest taxes in the country, they all lost population.

Screw the map. I talk to people almost every day that are planning on moving out of CA at retirement because of the taxes. I imagine those of you in NY hear the same thing.

Screw the map. I talk to people almost every day that are planning on moving out of CA at retirement because of the taxes. I imagine those of you in NY hear the same thing.

I would bet at least a decent percentage of them are considering Oregon. It seems like that is the popular move from the bay area to escape.

I'm waiting for somebody to propose an "exit" tax where a state or city imposes either a one time fee or a percentage on income earned after leaving their political boundary to cover the debt the city/state incurred on the citizens behalf

Some already have. Google it. Maryland has a particularly creative one.

Do you know how to read? The map does not include immigration into the country.

Again, your view is totally simplistic.

Here is yet another way to see this. Which states get more money from the federal government and which states give more. (Spoiler alert, you conservatives will not like it)

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/#main-findings

We're actively planning it.

Where are you moving to and what made you decide that country/location?

Do you know how to read? The map does not include immigration into the country.

Again, your view is totally simplistic.

Here is yet another way to see this. Which states get more money from the federal government and which states give more. (Spoiler alert, you conservatives will not like it)

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/#main-findings

California "might" have increased their population... But it's not people that can officially be counted and don't pay taxes, because they are here illegally.

So they had a net loss of taxpayers

That is not "another way to see" it. It is a completely different topic of discussion. :wacko: