Life Lessons

Trust your dog's instincts, they generally love anyone, If your dog is wary of someone, that person is probably not a good person (or mistreated your dog when you weren't watching).

Edited by Guffalo

When my son was very young he wanted to play one of those games where you try to capture a toy with a grappling hook/crane.

I said," You don't want any of that junk"

He replied "Just because it's junk to you doesn't mean it's junk to me."

Point taken.

When my son was very young he wanted to play one of those games where you try to capture a toy with a grappling hook/crane.

I said," You don't want any of that junk"

He replied "Just because it's junk to you doesn't mean it's junk to me."

Point taken.

Did you hit him after he sassed you?

• Be lazy and do it right the first time.

Don't bother trying to not make mistakes. Mistakes happen. They can't be avoided. Rather, don't worry about mistakes that can be easily corrected, put your effort into avoiding irrevocable mistakes..

Never make the same mistake twice.

Push your boundaries. If you're not growing, you're dying.

80% of everything is crap. But no one can ever agree on which 80%. And it doesn't preclude the remaining 20% being crap, too.

Death is natural. The one thing you have in common with every other person is: one of you will have the opportunity to read the other's obituary.

Don't pet wild animals.

People have the right to their opinions. They do not, however, have the right to be taken seriously.

Never pass up a chance to take a piss.

Specialization is for insects.

A man knows how to: tie a Windsor knot, fix a car, throw a baseball, give a toast or a eulogy off-the-cuff, start a fire, cook breakfast, order her dinner, choose a wine, play a song on the guitar, hold a grudge, let go of a grudge, find north, polish a pair of shoes, sharpen a blade, shuffle cards, drive stick, tie a bowline and a clove hitch, approach a strange dog, and be there for her without being "just her friend."

That people should not expose their attempted dating lives on websites.

Oh wait, that was the lesson you learned.

I'll get back to you.

I do that all the time, see below.

gugny is the perfect word. It can be a noun, a verb, an adjective or an adverb. It can also be used to describe the most horrendous body functions/afflictions.

For example "Pardon me you reeking B word, would you kindly get your gugny out of my face?"

Star Gugny: The Force Awakens

Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Gugny Chip

Point Gugny

The Hunger Gugny: Mockingjay Part 2

The Gugny Witch Hunter

• Be lazy and do it right the first time.
  • Don't bother trying to not make mistakes. Mistakes happen. They can't be avoided. Rather, don't worry about mistakes that can be easily corrected, put your effort into avoiding irrevocable mistakes..
  • Never make the same mistake twice.
  • Push your boundaries. If you're not growing, you're dying.
  • 80% of everything is crap. But no one can ever agree on which 80%. And it doesn't preclude the remaining 20% being crap, too.
  • Death is natural. The one thing you have in common with every other person is: one of you will have the opportunity to read the other's obituary.
  • Don't pet wild animals.
  • People have the right to their opinions. They do not, however, have the right to be taken seriously.
  • Never pass up a chance to take a piss.
  • Specialization is for insects.
  • A man knows how to: tie a Windsor knot, fix a car, throw a baseball, give a toast or a eulogy off-the-cuff, start a fire, cook breakfast, order her dinner, choose a wine, play a song on the guitar, hold a grudge, let go of a grudge, find north, polish a pair of shoes, sharpen a blade, shuffle cards, drive stick, tie a bowline and a clove hitch, approach a strange dog, and be there for her without being "just her friend."

Joe was doing so well until the end.

I can do all of that but choose the wine.

Funny story. It failed me miserably. 3rd date with a woman, drinks at her place, everything going well and she asked me to choose a bottle of wine. It took me 10 minutes and googling. She deduced why I was late and she had said that a man to her could choose the right bottle of wine.