Hypothetical - Which QB would you want?

Just having fun here with not much left of substantial importance this year for us, so try not to get too out of shape if you think this thread is nonsense.

Say AJ McCarron plays really well with his opportunity these next couple games (looking good against a good Denver D) and Bengals have a QB controversy forcing them to feel as though they have to trade one of them.

Regardless of who you think they would keep, who would you rather have the chance or trading for? The older guy who seems to have finally elevated his game to the upper tier but can't win a playoff game or the young guy who played awesome and has a ton of upside?

For the sake of this thread say AJ finishes with 250 ypg passing and 25 rushing along with a 3:1 TD to INT ratio, and Dalton doesn't get back quickly enough and AJ wins a playoff game.

Dalton was a little over 3200 yards through 13 games with a 66% completion percentage with 25 TDS and 7 picks. Let's say Dalton comes back and loses his only playoff game.

Who would you rather have?

tyrod averages 220 a game passing Dalton (not including pitt hurt 5 throws in) averages 265

Tyrod has been brought along slowly for two reason 1) because Roman believes that's how you bring up a young guy into a solid NFL quarterback 2) we let tyrod air it out hes going to likely lead the league in interceptions we would have won 2 games and Rex would be fired

Dalton is 28 and ceiling has been reached - hes a dependable solid qb but that's it, Tyrod while not 22 (he's 26) has a much higher ceiling. Can he reach it no one knows but everything being equal I'd take tyrod. Dalton will get you into the playoffs on a talented team and then right back out again

This isn't really about Tyrod. You can pretend it is for a different team if you'd like. Say you're Houston or say Tyrod dies. I'm not suggesting I want either for the Bills, just interested in opinions on the two in Cincy if the above plays out.

I'll cast my vote for "Tyrod not dying"

I'll stick with Tyrod right now for the Bills.

As for the Bungles, if Dalton is going to keep choking in the playoffs, there's no point in sticking with him. I'd also have to see more of McCarron, but at least he has won big games on another level.

This isn't really about Tyrod. You can pretend it is for a different team if you'd like. Say you're Houston or say Tyrod dies. I'm not suggesting I want either for the Bills, just interested in opinions on the two in Cincy if the above plays out.

what the hell...?