Bills rushing stats - what an improvement over last year!

YoloinOhio

Roman does run a very good ground attack, and we can win with it. Keep the passing around 20-25 attempts per game and not have TT run too much to the point where's he's getting hit a lot, and we're a playoff threat if Rex wakes up and fits his defense to the players strengths.

Given all the injuries, I'll take it.

What amazes me is how Glenn and Wood, excoriated last year, somehow improved dramatically with a different blocking scheme and a competent LG in between them.

Ritchie was a great pickup. made Glenn & Wood much better.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not really accurate comparison. They were 2nd in rushing yards in 2013 because they had so many attempts. The Bills lead the league in YPC. That's the more important stat. They weren't close in YPC 2 years ago.

How far will a good running game take you? I don't know but 6 out of the top 10 rushing teams this season are going to the playoffs.

Hmmm. Going by your YPC metric, I'm getting 6 of the top 10 rushing teams aren't going to the playoffs.

Roman does run a very good ground attack, and we can win with it. Keep the passing around 20-25 attempts per game and not have TT run too much to the point where's he's getting hit a lot, and we're a playoff threat if Rex wakes up and fits his defense to the players strengths.

Ritchie was a great pickup. made Glenn & Wood much better.

IM down with 25-30 pass attempts.

Enough of this 18 pass attempts per game crap.

Screens, slants, pass up the middle. Come on Buffalo!

IM down with 25-30 pass attempts.

Enough of this 18 pass attempts per game crap.

Screens, slants, pass up the middle. Come on Buffalo!

Why?

Taylor has 129 attempts over 10 yards, Tom Brady has 152. Thats just about even per game.

The difference is under 10 yards, Brady 420 attempts under 10 yards to Taylors 205. Basically NE uses the pass like a run. On these passes under 10 yards Brady averages around 6 ypa. The Bills average 5 ypc when running.

Basically there is no difference,

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Why?

Taylor has 129 attempts over 10 yards, Tom Brady has 152. Thats just over 1 attempt more per game over 10 yards.

The difference is under 10 yards, Brady 420 attempts under 10 yards to Taylors 205. Basically NE uses the pass like a run. On these passes under 10 yards Brady averages around 6 ypa. The Bills average 5 ypc when running.

Stop making sense!!!

Hmmm. Going by your YPC metric, I'm getting 6 of the top 10 rushing teams aren't going to the playoffs.

touche! But I was talking about two different things. Of the top 10 rushing teams this year, 6 are going to the playoffs. Good teams can usually run the ball well- was my point.

You said that two years ago the Bills were 2nd and it got them nowhere. While true (and true that this year it also got them nowhere!) my point was that they were not as good of a rushing team then as they are now because of the YPC stat.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Why?

Taylor has 129 attempts over 10 yards, Tom Brady has 152. Thats just about even per game.

So true...Its so much fun watching Bills football.

My bad, how did I ever miss the Brady/Taylor similarities? Sorry fellows! :death::bag::wallbash:

That's not the point I was making.

Do you think 10 more 5 yard passes a game instead of 10 5 yard rushes would be more exciting?

Fair question:

My answer is: YES!

If you read my original post, All I basically said was that I would love to see 25-30 pass attempts with Screens, Slants and middle passes.

Who cares?

Last year we had a top defense, this year we have a top running game...throughout this crappy run there have been all kinds of nice performances, and individual achievements. These are empty accomplishments, and they just don't do it for me.

I want wins.

There is no guarantee that "this is something to build on", because they patch up one side, and a hole blows up on the other side. I do not get the sense that they are headed in the right direction, or there will be substantial overall improvement next season.

I want wins.

Edited by HoF Watkins

First post in this thread bringing home the reality.

Folks, it's a passing league for starters and this wonderful running game will be sitting next to me on the couch watching the playoffs in January.

We're so good at crap that just doesn't matter.

Who cares?

Last year we had a top defense, this year we have a top running game...throughout this crappy run there have been all kinds of nice performances, and individual achievements. These are empty accomplishments, and they just don't do it for me.

I want wins.

There is no guarantee that "this is something to build on", because they patch up one side, and a hole blows up on the other side.

I want wins.

this

Our offense in general is pretty damned solid.

If only our defense didn't **** the bed, we'd actually have been decent this year :(

Dokington, i agree the offense is better, but i wouldn't say solid. Look at all of the three and outs. TT is being coached for safe throws outside, and is not unleashed to throw over the middle. We need faster plays as I'm nervous everytime he drops back as he takes too long.

Who cares?

I want wins.

There is no guarantee that "this is something to build on", because they patch up one side, and a hole blows up on the other side. I do not get the sense that they are headed in the right direction, or there will be substantial overall improvement next season.

I want wins.

You can build on it if you actually build on it, if you know what im saying.

Minimal change on offense, improve RT maybe #2 WR. Keep the coaches.

The Bills are always changing. Thats been our number 1 problem.

Edited by TheTruthHurts