Bills rushing stats - what an improvement over last year!

YoloinOhio

I am amazed at the turnaround. I recall last year posting that we need new running backs after gaining 13 YARDs total rushing vs the Raiders, who had been the last ranked run D. The Bills were ranked 25th in the league in rushing.

Now the Bills are 1st in total rushing and 1st in YPC.

This is with LeSean McCoy missing 3 full games, Karlos Williams playing just 10 games, getting 10+ carries 3 times.

Taylor's rushing numbers impact it somewhat to go beyond just the RBs, but some of his runs are designed. And if you took away all of his rushing yards, the Bills would still be top 5 in the league.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top yards per carry, and Tyrod's top/last (depends on how you look at it) time to throw kind of points to a pretty effective blocking scheme.

i'm not sure where they should be ranked, so I gave a general reply suggesting 10-15.

i'm not sure where they should be ranked, so I gave a general reply suggesting 10-15.

i would rank the OL about average because of the right side - but I give them credit for having to pass block longer than most Lines. TT (though I'm a fan) takes forever to throw. They would look a lot better with a vet who gets the ball out in 2 seconds. Edited by YoloinOhio

Yeah, sorry, I was agreeing with your general sentiment, I have no idea where they should be ranked either, all I know is, we don't have success in certain areas that we do without some sort of effective blocking. Big change there from Marrone's squad/scheme.

Now if only we could get the defense back...

Edited by Dorkington

The Bills were a decent running team under Gailey but regressed under Marrone and are now a good running team again, that is not a coincidence.

The scheme last two years under Marrone lacked creativity running basically the same running play over and over that rarely produced anything.

Don't forget this includes overall rushing yards including QB. An article last week indicated they would still be near the top, but not at the top, if you took out QB yards.

I understand that some of those QB yards are designed plays, but the majority are scrambles that do not result from good OL play (many times the opposite)

Don't forget this includes overall rushing yards including QB. An article last week indicated they would still be near the top, but not at the top, if you took out QB yards.

I understand that some of those QB yards are designed plays, but the majority are scrambles that do not result from good OL play (many times the opposite)

see my OP

Two years ago under Marrone we were 2nd in the league (and 6-10). Shows you how far the running game will take you.

not really accurate comparison. They were 2nd in rushing yards in 2013 because they had so many attempts. The Bills lead the league in YPC. That's the more important stat. They weren't close in YPC 2 years ago.

How far will a good running game take you? I don't know but 6 out of the top 10 rushing teams this season are going to the playoffs.

Edited by YoloinOhio

They are a RT and WR#2 from being solid at all positions. That being said, you HAVE to pay Glenn and lock down Richie.

The rushing attack has been something that was extremely pleasing to watch under Roman. However, as some of you have mentioned, I think that his passing attack needs to be remodeled.

Gimmie those things and cut out the bull **** trick plays with EJ and I'll be happy with their O