Week 17: Jets' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

Eric Wood: "We're going to be up for this one" (2:35)

Bills center Eric Wood talks about the return of Jets QB Ryan Fitzpatrick to Ralph Wilson Stadium, the play of the Jets defensive line, and the importance of getting a win to finish out the season.

Tyrod Taylor: "Whatever it Takes to Win" (2:37)

QB Tyrod Taylor talks about the matchup with the Jets and how much running he should do.

Sammy Watkins: "We want to win this game" (2:46)

Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins talks about going up against CB Darrelle Revis, the preparation in facing the Jets on Sunday, and the team's approach heading into next year.

Leodis McKelvin: "Contain the guys on the outside" (2:47)
Bills cornerback Leodis McKelvin talks about facing the Jets wide receivers, the progression of quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick and defending his quick release.

Mario Butler: "Every game is a big opportunity" (1:48)
Bills CB Mario Butler discusses his recent opportunities to showcase his abilities. He also shares his thoughts on how being a larger DB gives him an advantage in covering some of the Jets taller receivers.

Corbin Bryant: "Difference is Fitzpatrick's play" (1:52)
Bills DT Corbin Bryant discusses the improvements the Jets have made since their last meeting, the growth of QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, and how the defense must adjust to come away with a win on Sunday.

Preston Brown: "We're playing for each other" (2:13)
Bills LB Preston Brown talks about the opportunity to eliminate the rival Jets from playoff contention, defending their running backs, and the differences from the last time the two teams played.

TOP 7 STORYLINES FOR THE BILLS-JETS REMATCH

1230-storylines-jets.jpg

It’s the finale to a season that has deeply disappointed the Bills and their fans. But the run-up to Sunday’s rematch with the Jets will include some interesting storylines. Here are the top seven.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marshall: 'I Love Pressure' (3:10)
Veteran WR Staying in the Moment, Readying for Week 17 Action.

Fitzpatrick: 'All of Them Matter' (2:59)
Former Bill Says Conditions Can Be "Brutal" in Buffalo.

Enunwa Brings the 'Q' Dimension to Jets Offense
WR Tells 'Inside the Jets' Radio Show How He Developed His Blocker/Receiver Versatility.

Jets Prepare for What the Bills May Throw at Them
Buffalo Will Be Tough but Antonio Cromartie Says the Plan Is to Leave Western New York with a Win.

Jets' Fitzpatrick limited with elbow, back injuries
Jets QB Ryan Fitzpatrick sat out some plays in Wednesday's practice due to elbow and back injuries, which coach Todd Bowles said shouldn't affect his availability for Sunday's game in Buffalo.

Both of Jets RBs fail to practice

New York’s top two running backs both sat out practice Wednesday. Chris Ivory and Bilal Powell were both spectators for the Jets.

Ivory has been dealing with a knee injury while Powell was listed with an ankle injury. Meanwhile QB Ryan Fitzpatrick was limited with his left thumb injury that required surgery a month and a half ago along with a right elbow and lower back ailment.

@TyDunne

New at the BN Blog: #Bills CB Mario Butler finally getting his NFL shot... http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/30/mario-butler-gets-his-chance-finally-in-the-nfl/

Watch: Terry Pegula Issues Statement (1:48)

Bills owner Terry Pegula issued a statement on Wednesday afternoon about the future of Doug Whaley and Rex Ryan, while the players hit the field in preparation for the season finale against the Jets.

i am gathering a lot of the board is hoping for a loss and are rooting for the Jets. I must be a different breed of fan. I just don't get it. It hurts to read. Do these people watch the game and as Taylor drops back and launches one to Sammy, actually hope that he doesn't catch it? That Revis picks it off? That Fitz throws a bunch of TDs back at the Ralph? Why? Wtf? Why not support your team? Why do people want misery? I just don't get it, never will.

Rex hate > Bills love. People are pissed right now.

Not me, I want to see a win.

Bills fielding a pre-season team...the amount of injuries are just ridiculous. If the Jets can't win this game they don't deserve to make the playoffs.

Then again, when the Bills were in this position in 2004 at HOME to the Steelers, their backups and 3rd stringers still beat us, so you never know...

Edited by matter2003

Gillislee gives Bills run game a boost

1231-gillislee-feature.jpg

The Bills have had a top five run game all season long, but the recent exploits of Mike Gillislee have helped to push Buffalo's run game to the top spot in the NFL.

Warning to Jets: Slippery road ahead, danger lurks in Buffalo

Sunday's game in Buffalo will be an emotional contest, and emotion does crazy things in the NFL. The Jets can't flinch.

@TyDunne

New at the BN Blog: Three Bills thoughts: Whaley/Ryan stay, motivation, injuries mount... http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/31/248296/

@NewsRadio930

The @buffalobills and @nyjets play Sunday. A preview from @JohnMurphyShow & Mark Kelso: http://media.wben.com/hosting/media/wben/1578676/112225047/123115-750am-john-murphy-mark-kelso-112225047.mp3 (5:52)

@TyDunne

BN Blog: Thursday practice report... Cyrus Kouandjio lines up with the first team http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/31/thursday-practice-report-cyrus-kouandjio-lines-up-with-the-first-team/

@thadbrown7

#Bills looking forward to finale to win rush title. Playing in big game, even as "other" team, still fun http://www.rochesterfirst.com/sports/local-sports/rush-title-jets-hopes-motivate-bills

@mikerodak

This letter from the former chair of the East Carolina Alumni Association to Rex Ryan is 1f525.png1f525.png1f525.pnghttp://wncn.com/2015/12/28/buffalo-bills-coach-takes-slap-at-ecu/

@TBNSports

#Bills breakdown with @viccarucci: Finale with #NYJets & what awaits in offseason. VIDEO: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/30/take-2-video-bills-breakdown-with-vic-carucci-on-jets-finale-what-awaits-bills-in-offseason/

CXfqFERVAAAV_4C.jpg

@salmaiorana

#Bills QB Tyrod Taylor's running has been critical to offense, but it comes with big risk, especially when EJ is... http://fb.me/3IYMeWECG

proxy.jpg?t=HBi2AWh0dHA6Ly93d3cuZ2FubmV0

@KMart_LI

Reporter: Will it be emotional playing in Buffalo? Chan Gailey: "No."

@BuffRumblings

Buffalo Rumblings Retweeted Kimberley A. Martin

Three years ago: "This will probably be the first place that's ever fired me, that I'll pull for."

@KMart_L

Chan Gailey said he can't think about all the places he's been because "I'd be nostalgic all the time." #jets #bills

@nyjets

Gailey on his return to BUF: "It's just another game. If we're gonna talk about all the places I've been at, we're gonna have a long list."

@JaySkurski

Opponent Conference Call: Rex Ryan (9:56)
Buffalo Bills Head Coach Speaks with the New York Media.

Inside the Matchup: Banged-Up Bills Have Incentive (4:42)
Chris Brown, BuffaloBills.com Lead Journalist, Believes Jets Will Have Matchup Advantages Sunday at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Thursday injury report
Click here to find out the latest injury information for the Bills heading into this week's game against the NY Jets.

@nyjets

Bowles: K. Davis, Powell, Giacomini DNP. Ivory, Pace, Wilkerson were LTD. Fitz was full.

@KMart_LI

Reporter: Will it be emotional playing in Buffalo? Chan Gailey: "No."

@BuffRumblings

Buffalo Rumblings Retweeted Kimberley A. Martin

Three years ago: "This will probably be the first place that's ever fired me, that I'll pull for."

@KMart_L

Chan Gailey said he can't think about all the places he's been because "I'd be nostalgic all the time." #jets #bills

@nyjets

Gailey on his return to BUF: "It's just another game. If we're gonna talk about all the places I've been at, we're gonna have a long list."

still a class act : )

Rex Ryan: "We have a good thing going here" (4:24)
Bills head coach Rex Ryan updates the injury situation, discusses his defensive unit this season and gives his reaction to the support given to him by owners Terry and Kim Pegula.

Greg Roman: Taylor "does things at an elite level" (6:30)
Bills offensive coordinator Greg Roman talks about the Jets defensive line, the future development of quarterback Tyrod Taylor, and why he's looking forward to improving the offense moving forward.