NFL Credibility starts with Media Love: My Answer

Who gets the most love in the NFL? Why do the refs always give favorable calls to certain teams and not others? It starts with the owner (Kraft, Jones and other old timers) and progresses right through the whole roster (Chris Carter's kid gets love, Andrew Luck gets love because he's the son of a mediocre QB, shoot, even Snoop Dog's kid will get accolades). This trickles down to the rest of the team and, as a result, those teams end up with a few extra "good calls" that can make or break a season.

There is a kid out there who fits perfectly into this mold...who can serve a purpose (can play) and can garner media support for the Bills. How many times have we heard Mike Greenberg tout his love for the Jets? Meanwhile, Mike Golic Sr. sits idly by with a compliment here or there for the Eagles, Browns or Bengals. Why not give Golic Sr. a real team to follow and support?

Mike Golic Jr. - Offensive Guard / Long Snapper

* Was named as one of the 2013 NCAA Academic All Americans

* Played 40 games for the Fighting Irish

* Has a head for the game

* Undrafted free agent for the Pittsburgh Steelers and then played briefly for the Saints

* Has the right pedigree and tenacity to withstand coaching changes

* Well built, decent arm length, good size, squatty posture, speed and brains

BUT, here's the bonus:

* Golic Sr. now has a real NFL team to root for.

* "Mike and Mike" will probably do three or four on location shows from OBD and the Big Tree Inn

* Mike Golic Jr. already has an ESPN show (which I am not saying he should quit)...but Golic Jr. could wear a 24hr Go Pro camera that follows him around from practice, to lunch, to game room, to dinner, etc.

* Other media reporters will follow Golic's tweets about the Bills and Pegula...he will attract more free agents and get the blessing of guys like Jeff Saturday, Dan Fouts and Tiki Barber.

We can shave off Garrison Sanborn's salary (he's done) because Golic can function as both a pulling guard and long snapper. He comes cheap if we sign him to a futures contract (especially if he still keeps his ESPN gig) and can probably double his salary. When I listen to him on the radio, I can tell that he still has that fire in his belly to play....that's the fire we need to make it top the next level.

Thoughts?

Of all the hair brained schemes you've come up with this might actually hold some water. It's a move that the Bills brain trust would love. I'm talking the Pegula family, but mostly Brandon. Excitement would actually come back to Buffalo, but, in the place it belongs, on the field.

Nick O'Leary is the grandson of Jack Nicklaus. How does that fit into the picture? Didn't the Golden Bear play football somewhere? :lol:

No, but O'Leary and Golic Jr. were teammates so the circle is closed.

Regarding the BIG picture the more media darlings the better.

No, but O'Leary and Golic Jr. were teammates so the circle is closed.

Regarding the BIG picture the more media darlings the better.

Sometimes you have to think outside the envelope. This is one of those instances where bringing in a media darling would result in better calls, less flags, more points and a playoff spot.