Get a grip

LaderaRanch

me too^^^

and i also understand this facet.

I think What a Tuel is suggesting is we just relax a bit. yep. it did not work out this year.

can we consider it an anomaly rectifiable ?

I think so.

without hope we only have disappointment to depend upon. which is an ugly friend to have hanging about.

so i prefer hope.

I think there is always hope- just not without an outside consultant (bonified football expert) coming in and giving an honest, thorough assesment. That is the reality I see. Trends dont lie and 16 years of this is a serious trend. Ive said in other posts the constants that remain; Littman, overdorf, Brandon and the rest underneath. If I was at a company that made bad widgets for an extended period of time and all we ever did was get a few new supervisors and some new parts to make said widget chances are were still going to fail. Edited by billsfan_34

My 1st post but I had to speak up...

Everyone must calm down a little.. We have reason for optimism!

Here are the reasons

1) 1st year new owners

Remember last year we didn't even know if this team would stay in buffalo? I'm SURE this was a tough time for the organization as a whole

2) 1st year new coaching staff

Teams with 1st year coaching staffs don't go to the Super Bowl.

3) new starting QB

before the start of the year we thought Matt Cassel was going to be the starter- instead, we got the best statistical year from a buffalo bills qb ever- with a shoddy o line, losing harvin and injuries to Sammy. If Tyrod can improve on that next year he will be the best bills qb in the last 20 years. A full preseason as starter will much improve timing and symmetry between the receivers and Tyrod.

3) the bills have great running backs and the best rushing attack in the nfl. With improved o-line players they will be even better in 2016.

4) the bills defensive secondary has much improved. Gilmore is a stud and Williams and searcy will be back for 2016.. The injuries of those two mad a huge difference

5) defense will be better next year. Rex's defense is pro level that takes time to learn. While Schwartz defense seemed better stastistically last year, it was basic and teams were going to figure out how to attack it quickly. Rex defense will vastly improve after this offseason

What to look forward to this off season

1) draft

The bills will draft a stud linebacker with the #1

The #2 pick will be an online

#3 will be a WR

2) free agency

Mario will be traded or released -no worries.. He's no Bruce Smith

The bills will sign an olineman and a linebacker that fits Rex scheme.

Kyle Williams will be back for one more year- he is the core of that defense

A note about Sammy.. He's a stud but was hampered by injuries and not having a true #1 wide receiver next to him after Harvins injury. Another solid wideout would be huge for this team.. All told, he needs 130 yards in 2 games to hit 1000 for the year.. I'll take that..

Whaley- is a stud.. He has made some great moves and picked up some really good players both in the draft and in FA. Once that office gets some symmetry with what Coaching wants then all will be good.

All told I'm happy-ish about this season and look forward to next year. Continuity is the biggest difference between teams like the pats and teams like the bills over the last 20 years. Continuity is huge in the nfl. Players all learn their jobs like they should and when one goes down the understudy is there to replace them. This will be huge for the bills and I believe once Rex gets that continuity the pats will absolutely have their hands full!

One request from the Peguls... Please replace that dreadful turf and its extreme edge slope..

Ladera, while i disagree with several points in your first post, i still believe it is great to have new people on the board and wanted to say welcome. You did think through your post and made several points to consider.

Welcome aboard. You also wanted to level set people to be more optimistic. i appreciate that as I'm always striving to be a glass half full guy as well. The problem is there are real issues on this team i don't believe more time will cure. We'll see as I don't see Rex getting fired in year 1 and would be a shame as you point out for continuity and for his good picks to can Whaley.

Thanks again and Happy New Year! maybe we can end on a high note and win the last two. That would be nice. Meaningless, but nice anyway.

5) your comment about Schwartz's defense being basic and that teams will figure it out quickly is one of the dumbest comments I've ever read. You act like Schwartz and his defense were new to league when in fact both have been around and successful for a long time.

I could be mistaken, but didn't Dareus say last year, teams knew what we were going to do on Defense but they couldn't stop us anyway?

I got a grip. Right around the neck of Rex show him the door.

That would be quite rude.....but I approve. I hate to can a guy after one year, but sometimes.....

(Yeah, I'm a bit emotional about Rex - more than any other lousy coach who came before him, but I don't know why.)

That would be quite rude.....but I approve. I hate to can a guy after one year, but sometimes.....

(Yeah, I'm a bit emotional about Rex - more than any other lousy coach who came before him, but I don't know why.)

Thats because the slob talked so much smack then blew it out his ass! He talks the talk.....

I could be mistaken, but didn't Dareus say last year, teams knew what we were going to do on Defense but they couldn't stop us anyway?

It was a player friendly defense that relied on the Dline and specifically the DTs getting penetration and disrupting plays in the backfield

Let your players play and react instead of thinking what they are supposed to do if the offense does this, this, or this

It was a player friendly defense that relied on the Dline and specifically the DTs getting penetration and disrupting plays in the backfield

Let your players play and react instead of thinking what they are supposed to do if the offense does this, this, or this

If you've got the players to beat them, then do it. If you don't, try to trick them. We had the players but tried to trick them. Thanks, Rex. Take the money and run.

This team is in as much a mess as it ever has been.

Coaching staff is below average.

QB is below average, don't let the stats fool you, he can't lead a GW drive.

RBs are a turnstile. McCoy is in and out. KW is in and out, The rest are working at Taco Bell on Monday then dress to start the following Sunday.

OL is a mess. RT is out for ever, Rookie guard can't stay healthy. Wood gets beat like a drum.

Clay drops too many, no body behind him.

And that my friends is the good news.

Defense and ST are a complete disgrace.

I am not a season ticket holder. I live out of town and wish I didn't I would love to be able to go to the game every Sunday eventhe past 16 years. I have been a fan since 1989. I have followed this team for a long time. I have read more about the Bills than probably any other subject in life. I watch every game after the Sunday night game because I cant watch any other way. Here are my observations and the reason I believe there is hope.

1. The "D" killed this team this year. We have some good pieces but I agree with everyone that we are going to have to retool to Rex's type of guys. They tried to win with what we had but players didn't fit the system. We can have hope because REX AWLAYS HAD A GREAT D IN NY. This year is an anomaly for a Rex coached team.

2. We know who our QB is next year. This is the first time that our team knew we had a QB in a long time, not hoping we have a QG, but knowing who he will be and what he does well. Having a QB is something that a lot of teams wish they had.

3. I agree with our RB's. There is hope because these guys can run (IF THEY STAY HEALTHY)!!!

4. We do need one more WR that is starting Caliber. I believe that if Sammy and Percy were healthy and on the field together this year would have been very different. There is hope because we have draft picks and a whole offseason.

5. We have an O-Line that doesn't need to be overhauled. We have a good LT, LG, RG. Wood's may make the pro bowl so either the fans don't know what they are talking about or the player. We need either 1 or 2 spots filled on the line to give us a good, maybe even a great line. There is hope.

6. We have two stud Corner Backs. There is Hope

7. Our safeties were good when they weren't hurt. There is hope.

8. This is not Cleveland. There is hope!!!

Edited by PNW_Bills_Fan

kent hull, J. kelly and others said the exact same thing. Too opposing players faces. Too boot.

When you put players in the situation to dominate based on their strengths. Good things happen.

kent hull, J. kelly and others said the exact same thing. Too opposing players faces. Too boot.

When you put players in the situation to dominate based on their strengths. Good things happen.

they did say that, but that team was actually correct. If Dareus said it, he must have forgotten about all the times that their defense was "stopped"